• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The standard of the performances

Zab delighted where we are in terms of points just want improvements in our overall play like a lot on here. I recall the Zombies weren’t up to much before they played us yet they beat us 6 - 1 when our defence got dominated by a 30 odd yr old striker, that’s my concern.

Im not concerned about something that happened last season under a different Manager.

Agree there is plenty room for improvement in our play and performances. But we’ve developed a very nice habit of winning ugly, something any successful team needs to do over the course of a season.

Ite amazing how wages differ.

Neymar is absolutely honking....but paid more per week than every Hibs player in a year.

Football is fucked!

He is is left wing play boy....who gets pushed into media circus.

Footballers that just play football...is so much easier.

That's where I'm at

I was saying for ages how shite Hecky's football was and it wasn't until a 6-1 tanking at Ibrox that folk started to get on his back

The defence has been excellent 5 games in but no way can we keep playing like this
Hibs are a fuckin shambles eh?
Only 11 points off the bottom!
Conceded 2 goals all season,2 fuckin goals,not acceptable!!
WTF is Jack Ross playing at?
Sack him now.

Seriously tho,lighten up,have you ever posted anything positive?
If you won the lottery you'd whine about the paper the cheque was printed on.
Deary fuckin me.

We are not playing great. However, defensively we've improved considerably. And results are great. In the week's ahead no doubt we will batter a team and lose the game. Such is fitba....

I think the problem is with the lockdown and us being on tv all the time more people are actually watching us away than the 1000 or so who travel to every game. Unrealistic expectations from the armchair loyal who would normally be buzzing at the these results coming in via soccer Saturday.

Many times I've been to Perth and on the receiving end of some skelpings from St johnston teams who on paper were not better than us. Likewise livi and united in recent weeks.

Defence is looking good and we are scoring goals. Looking forward to next Sunday already.

My main concern for the performances is the lack of drive. JR seems to want little to no press players back off and invite the pressure. We have spent a lot of time defending within our own box. We are yet to concede through open play (thanks to the ref today for helping that =P ) but there have been some heart palpitation moments at the back where our defence have been off the pace/game. This could be like every other team simply because we are trying to break the rust out of the muscles from the weird lay off. The inviting pressure seems to be JR way of then breaking on teams with our pace we should be ripping people apart on this aspect, however we are woeful on the break downs and lose the ball 90% of the time so we get little to no breakaways in the 90min. JR may need to have a serious look at how he wants this to go forward as at the moment his players cant get the ball to each other or make it stick at all going forward.

Ok I just watched JR post match interview.... He thinks we played well in the first half......... THIS IS WORYING =o

Okay step back and perspective time.

I didn’t think we were great yesterday.

Checking the initial post match stats - the xG ones which are far more interesting aren’t available until midweek - the game was pretty even whichever marker you want to use.

Matching a St Johnstone side, one of the better teams in the league away from home? Realistically that’s an acceptable standard?

The The Sheep game next weekend is a real benchmark for where we are.

This is it for me. If that lot can still come to ER and niggle, kick and game manage their way to a win while we are playing the way we are then it's a worry.

Then I remember the fact last time they were here JR had us battering them 3-0.

Who knows what's going to happen just now. I'll settle for beating then any which way really.

Ok I just watched JR post match interview.... He thinks we played well in the first half....... THIS IS WORYING =o

Maybe we did and St Johnstone played well also and we cancelled each other out?

[/QUOTE]
Maybe we did and St Johnstone played well also and we cancelled each other out?

Callum Davidson *thats his name eh?* thought we were good in the first half too.
Tbf he showed decent awareness to change the game and force us into change too.
I think yesterday was more tactical than people realise.

Not a great game, but thats what happens.

I think the problem is with the lockdown and us being on tv all the time more people are actually watching us away than the 1000 or so who travel to every game. Unrealistic expectations from the armchair loyal who would normally be buzzing at the these results coming in via soccer Saturday.

Many times I've been to Perth and on the receiving end of some skelpings from St johnston teams who on paper were not better than us. Likewise livi and united in recent weeks.

Defence is looking good and we are scoring goals. Looking forward to next Sunday already.
What’s an unrealistic expectation? There isn’t an player in the Dundee Utd or St J that jump out that would improve our squad ( Shankland exception, but wasn’t playing), our resources are far greater so why is it unrealistic to put in far better showings against teams?

yes results and our defence has improved and it’s great to be getting points on the board but I think fans are entitlement to be concerned and miffed by the style and standard of performance middle to front?

Hopefu!ly the better performances will follow the excellent results we have had so far.
I think our biggest problem , is our attacking playmakers Boyle and Horgan have produced very little the last few games. I'm pretty confident JR dosen t say to them before the game " I want you to go out and play shite. Don't take your man on, and try and let the game bypass you"
There was a couple of times yesterday that Boyle , rather than try and get the ball under control, just had lazy wild thrashes at it.Very unlike him. Horgan was a man down, Gogic struggled to find a green jersey most of the time, and Allan was blowing out his arse after 30 mins.
Taking all that into account we done well getting a win. We must be doing something right!!

Screenshot_20200824-133034_Facebook.jpg

Still early days..whatever you think of the entertainment value (and admittedly mostly its not pretty atm) we have found a system that seems to work in terms of results. That will do for me just now. Mwell have a decent squad of players and seem to be doing the opposite of us..easier on the eye but can't seem to get any consistency in results. I know which I prefer.

There is a happy medium tho obviously.we need more legs in midfield..we look a bit slow in there..and the balance hasn't been right...yet..but it will come. Hopefully we'll do something recruitment wise soon in that area.

In the.meantime I'm happy to watch us keep grinding out hard fought victories. There is no lack of effort that is for certain..which in itself is a good sign. Players all battling for each other and a decent spirit in the squad which gives grounds for optimism.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

What’s an unrealistic expectation? There isn’t an player in the Dundee Utd or St J that jump out that would improve our squad ( Shankland exception, but wasn’t playing), our resources are far greater so why is it unrealistic to put in far better showings against teams?

yes results and our defence has improved and it’s great to be getting points on the board but I think fans are entitlement to be concerned and miffed by the style and standard of performance middle to front?
Agreed. Also playing at away fixtures with no crowds shouldn’t be any different to playing a home game.The only advantage to home teams is if they have plastic pitches but as time goes by the away teams are even getting used to that. Think we should count ourselves fortunate that we’ve played so called inferior teams and a couple of games were we got decisions in our favour yesterday being one of them.

So since we pumped livi 4-1 and then theydrew 0-0 with the huns then surely that means it’s an easy win for us vs them next month?

So since we pumped livi 4-1 and then theydrew 0-0 with the huns then surely that means it’s an easy win for us vs them next month?
Yes clearly it will be

He might , of course, be wingin it until the windae shuts and wants tae stay here. ?

Likely been tapped up by the Smellies.

[/QUOTE
Definitely something up.

I agree that we we've been pretty eye-bleeding a lot of the time this season but I can't understand the comparison with Heckingbottom at all. Under him we were soft and fell apart constantly at the back. We're the opposite now, and we might be pretty dull but there's a good spine that was totally lacking from the PHB team, and indeed our lack of creativity partly arises from the simple fact that we're playing more (and better) defensively.

If we keep performing like this for the whole season we will drop more points on average than we have so far because we've had a good dose of luck in our first five games. But I don't think we'll concede nearly as many goals as we did under Heckingbottom.

I think Jack is doing it the right way.
Shore up the back, something we all demanded a year ago.
Then work our way forward from there.
Expecting the finished article from the get go is just unrealistic.

It can only get better

Not been pretty. I just hope we don’t turn into everything which Aberdeen hate McInnes for.

I think out style will improve as it’s only early days.

Telt yi that was a loadi shite....:lookaround:

The xG from the weekends game.

Penalties are worth 0.75xG so all the figures are exclusive of penalties.F268B6EB-C9BF-492A-94D7-B75F5F654AED.png5F154FEA-09CC-4E18-8C6D-E6D46F758F7A.png

There has to be something said for winning 'ugly'. The Sheep do it regularly, even the Thellick do, thing is they can muster a goal out of nothing, with their multi million pound strike force....
The fitness levels of SPL teams are generally high and therefore play tight pressing games which stifles our creativity. In one sense, if the opponents are occupied chasing/closing down our players, they're less likely to score goals. Equally, if our defence is sh*te we will lose goals, and games.

Poor stuff again

When will see some improvement?

Going to be a long two weeks but hope we can get some players in

Turgid shite.

Painful watch yet again

Quite enjoyed the first half and still no goals from open play against.

There were signs, just no alternative plan for the second half and got shut down.

There were signs, just no alternative plan for the second half and got shut down.

Credit must go to Aberdeen for snuffing us out I reckon. They worked hard and got there rewards for it.

We played shite again but this time we lost because their midfield bossed us and we have no final third creativity

Our midfield was too soft, every one of them easily edged pushed off the ball when challenged. No one had a clue in second half.

Our midfield was too soft, every one of them easily edged pushed off the ball when challenged. No one had a clue in second half.

McCorie & Ferguson strolled it.

McCorie & Ferguson strolled it.

They were always gonna stroll it when up against Hallberg and Newell

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 16.08.37.png

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 16.09.08.pngScreenshot 2020-09-02 at 16.08.37.pngScreenshot 2020-09-02 at 16.09.08.png

Hibs cumulative for xG this season is 6.64, when you add in the penalties and we've scored 8 that is about the norm. However our cumulative against xG is 7.04 plus the penalties. But we've only conceded 1 non penalty goal all season and that was on the opening day.

And there's no cheating xG - these will even themselves out

What is xG?

What is xG?

Very simply, xG (or expected goals) is the probability that a shot will result in a goal based on the characteristics of that shot and the events leading up to it. Some of these characteristics/variables include:

• Location of shooter: How far was it from the goal and at what angle on the pitch?
  • Body part: Was it a header or off the shooter's foot?
  • Type of pass: Was it from a through ball, cross, set piece, etc?
  • Type of attack: Was it from an established possession? Was it off a rebound? Did the defense have time to get in position? Did it follow a dribble?
Every shot is compared to thousands of shots with similar characteristics to determine the probability that this shot will result in a goal. That probability is the expected goal total. An xG of 0 is a certain miss, while an xG of 1 is a certain goal. An xG of .5 would indicate that if identical shots were attempted 10 times, 5 would be expected to result in a goal.

There are a number of xG models that use similar techniques and variables, which attempt to reach the same conclusion.

Very simply, xG (or expected goals) is the probability that a shot will result in a goal based on the characteristics of that shot and the events leading up to it. Some of these characteristics/variables include:

• Location of shooter: How far was it from the goal and at what angle on the pitch?
  • Body part: Was it a header or off the shooter's foot?
  • Type of pass: Was it from a through ball, cross, set piece, etc?
  • Type of attack: Was it from an established possession? Was it off a rebound? Did the defense have time to get in position? Did it follow a dribble?
Every shot is compared to thousands of shots with similar characteristics to determine the probability that this shot will result in a goal. That probability is the expected goal total. An xG of 0 is a certain miss, while an xG of 1 is a certain goal. An xG of .5 would indicate that if identical shots were attempted 10 times, 5 would be expected to result in a goal.

There are a number of xG models that use similar techniques and variables, which attempt to reach the same conclusion.

I expect this is valuable but surely it should take into account who is taking the shot? If it's me or Leo Messi then the key factor in whether it's likely to result in a goal is probably not the angle or the type of attack.

This thread has been viewed 21331 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50