• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The standard of the performances

cleanyman

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
I had to turn it off during the last minute after what was a truly shocking 60 seconds of play

No one can complain about the points total. 10 points after 4 games is excellent but if we are aiming for third our performances have to be so much better

That's two home games now were we've let Killie and Motherwell have the ball. Just as the well the fans weren't at the game today or it would have been murder

Not good enough and Jack Ross has a lot of questions to answer after that display today

I agree with your post.Hibs were truly shocking.Anyone can see we need players.

Shocking going forward. Pretty good defensively.

Shocking going forward. Pretty good defensively.

Why can't we ever be both?!:cryy:

Pretty poor again.

Wasn’t fooled by 3 wins. Improvements needed.

Are folk seriously pishing the bed after taking 10 points out of 12, without conceding a goal from open play, and all 3 of our forwards have scored already....

Aye it wasn’t a great game, but the fact this Hibs team can defend properly and pick up points without playing well is such a massive positive in the context of a season.

Sorry, but that was a gutless performance

Our set up today was wrong, we got completely run all over the midfield, there wasn’t a lot of service to our forwards, woeful passing, too many hiding and not up to the challenge, Boyler should have scored, what has happened to him since the Killie game, Halberg, Newell and Horgan not good enough if we want to progress, I also don’t see Mallan being any better either, still 3/4 short of real quality.

Never seen the game, were we that bad ? The stats don't look good at all .

Are folk seriously pishing the bed after taking 10 points out of 12, without conceding a goal from open play, and all 3 of our forwards have scored already....

Aye it wasn’t a great game, but the fact this Hibs team can defend properly and pick up points without playing well is such a massive positive in the context of a season.

Great we have 10 points but the table can quickly change if we don’t finish these kinds of games with three points especially at home. How anyone can defend that performance is beyond me, pishing the bed more like a wake up call and reality check.

Sorry, but that was a gutless performance
Dont think it was gutless as we defended reasonably well.
Hapless would be a better description.

We have only really had one good half all season first one vs livy. Every other game we have been under the cosh.

The 2 televised games shown around the world...we have been absolutely honking.

A points a point in all,but based on the 2....we will be lucky tobe top 6!

The commentators go on about how great attacking we are....we could still be playing now and not score.

Did we even have a shot on target?

Doesnt matter if your playing Real Madrid.
If you dont even manage a shot on target at home...its pathetic!

Edit..just remembered one at end of first half.
All is fantastic then :)

Last edited:
Dont think it was gutless as we defended reasonably well.
Hapless would be a better description.
Aye that tae

Tampons at the ready!

These are the games we should be winning, if we had had a go at them and came away with a point a would be a lot happier, that was woeful today

These are the games we should be winning, if we had had a go at them and came away with a point a would be a lot happier, that was woeful today

Only if we have a better team than the opposition, we don't. They were very good.

I don't think its hysteria as I said the points return is excellent but we can't continue to play like that at home. That's two home games now where we have let the oppositon dictate

When we play the old firm it will be a hammering

Top of the league though

Only if we have a better team than the opposition, we don't. They were very good.

Too many passengers in our squad, needs addressing with better quality.

Too many passengers in our squad, needs addressing with better quality.

Which ones in particular?

Which ones in particular?

Me personally Halberg, Horgan, Mallan, Boyle needs to improve also maybe all the Stoke hype has gone to his head, one good performance against Killie isn’t good enough if we want to progress, don’t get me wrong I love Boyle but he just isn’t doing it at the moment.

I can’t say I enjoyed that overmuch.
We never really got going, although Murderwell looked better than I expected.
Midfield was sluggish and at times over run.
Defence was solid, with one excellent save from Rocky.
We’ve got an excellent quality strike force, but in playing them all – we lose the quality service to them that Allen or Mallan could provide.

Any chance of getting a 12 aside game?

Me personally Halberg, Horgan, Mallan, Boyle needs to improve also maybe all the Stoke hype has gone to his head, one good performance against Killie isn’t good enough if we want to progress, don’t get me wrong I love Boyle but he just isn’t doing it at the moment.

Mallan has not played this season, Hallberg has came on as a sub and done well, Horgan was the best of the wingers at Livingston and again today, so Boyle?

Mallan has not played this season, Hallberg has came on as a sub and done well, Horgan was the best of the wingers at Livingston and again today, so Boyle?

Take Mallan’s shooting abilities out of his game what else does he bring to improve us, he is another midfielder that stands off his man and lets him man ghost by him, tbh I have never been impressed with Halberg another one I don’t see what he brings to us the same with Newell who showed us tonight he still has the Hecky performance in him, Horgan was good against Livi because he was taking his markers on and delivering good crosses but he doesn’t do it enough, he is so frustrating at times and for the money we spent on him I cannot see much of a return. As I said above we still need 3/4 better quality to progress which again is my opinion.

Take Mallan’s shooting abilities out of his game what else does he bring to improve us, he is another midfielder that stands off his man and lets him man ghost by him.

His corners and freekicks? Not that its relevant, he has not played this season??????

His corners and freekicks? Not that its relevant, he has not played this season??????

I just think we need better.

Take Mallan’s shooting abilities out of his game what else does he bring to improve us, he is another midfielder that stands off his man and lets him man ghost by him, tbh I have never been impressed with Halberg another one I don’t see what he brings to us the same with Newell who showed us tonight he still has the Hecky performance in him, Horgan was good against Livi because he was taking his markers on and delivering good crosses but he doesn’t do it enough, he is so frustrating at times and for the money we spent on him I cannot see much of a return. As I said above we still need 3/4 better quality to progress which again is my opinion.
So we’re having a go at Mallon, who hasn’t kicked a ball this season?

I quite like Mallan.
Apart from his dead ball expertise, his passing is just about as accurate as Scotty, although he doesn't always spot the defence splitting option that the coiffured one does.

I know we are top of the league and our boss will learn from a tough game today,

So we’re having a go at Mallon, who hasn’t kicked a ball this season?

My opinion stems from his performances last season.

I know we are top of the league and our boss will learn from a tough game today,

Nobody is saying we haven’t got off to a great start but the league can change when we start dropping two points in games.

Nobody is saying we haven’t got off to a great start but the league can change when we start dropping two points in games.

Against a team as good or better than us?

Against a team as good or better than us?

Our first 11 take Gogic out of our midfield, theirs dominated us, I really like the look of Campbell, our strikers are better and have a better goal ratio than theirs and our defence haven’t conceded in open play, so I don’t see them being better than us as their defence has. They done their homework on us and we were struggling to cope or contain them, yes changes should have been done at half time but they weren’t and we were under the cosh again.

Our first 11 take Gogic out of our midfield, theirs dominated us, I really like the look of Campbell, our strikers are better and have a better goal ratio than theirs and our defence haven’t conceded in open play, so I don’t see them being better than us as their defence has.

Watching the game, they are better than us,

Watching the game, they are better than us,

On our performance and set up today yes but overall man for man squad wise away from today’s game I don’t agree them being better.

Why can't we ever be both?!:cryy:

I suppose if you add a Gogic by definition you lose an Allan? :102:

But I did think we played in an under par way going forward and (hopefully) given another try in the same circumstances we might string together more passes than we did tonight.

I hope it’s an off night. If it’s not the we’re in trouble. But Boyle etc didn’t just turn into terrible passers overnight so I’m crossing my fingers that we’ll improve.

I suppose if you add a Gogic by definition you lose an Allan? :102:

But I did think we played in an under par way going forward and (hopefully) given another try in the same circumstances we might string together more passes than we did tonight.

I hope it’s an off night. If it’s not the we’re in trouble. But Boyle etc didn’t just turn into terrible passers overnight so I’m crossing my fingers that we’ll improve.

We need someone in midfield who can mix it up and not feared to put in a tackle like Gogic to allow Alan further up to give us more creativity

Reality check?
Maybe for a small element of our “support”.

Personally I am cool with it. What do we expect, we are not streets above any team in this league.
We will get better, 10 points from 12 is good.
We will drop more points, we will have poor performances.

Folk going tonto because we draw at home to Motherwell is a bit daft.

If you’ll forgive me that’s rather a bland comment. I mean, it’s true of just about every football team on the entire planet. But taking it on merit, who would you sign?

You say the setup was wrong then praise Gogic and are critical of most of our forwards. Would you remove him and add an attacker? What would you do differently other than ‘have better players’?

We need someone in midfield who can mix it up and not feared to put in a tackle like Gogic to allow Alan further up to give us more creativity

Is that not a description of... Gogic?

This thread has been viewed 21338 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50