The standard of the performances

HenryLB

Donator
Bounce Radge
I agree that we we've been pretty eye-bleeding a lot of the time this season but I can't understand the comparison with Heckingbottom at all. Under him we were soft and fell apart constantly at the back. We're the opposite now, and we might be pretty dull but there's a good spine that was totally lacking from the PHB team, and indeed our lack of creativity partly arises from the simple fact that we're playing more (and better) defensively.

If we keep performing like this for the whole season we will drop more points on average than we have so far because we've had a good dose of luck in our first five games. But I don't think we'll concede nearly as many goals as we did under Heckingbottom.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I think Jack is doing it the right way.
Shore up the back, something we all demanded a year ago.
Then work our way forward from there.
Expecting the finished article from the get go is just unrealistic.

It can only get better

HendoDelivered

Bounce Radge
Not been pretty. I just hope we don’t turn into everything which Aberdeen hate McInnes for.

I think out style will improve as it’s only early days.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
The xG from the weekends game.

Penalties are worth 0.75xG so all the figures are exclusive of penalties.F268B6EB-C9BF-492A-94D7-B75F5F654AED.png5F154FEA-09CC-4E18-8C6D-E6D46F758F7A.png

jock3

Bounce Radge
There has to be something said for winning 'ugly'. The Sheep do it regularly, even the Thellick do, thing is they can muster a goal out of nothing, with their multi million pound strike force....
The fitness levels of SPL teams are generally high and therefore play tight pressing games which stifles our creativity. In one sense, if the opponents are occupied chasing/closing down our players, they're less likely to score goals. Equally, if our defence is sh*te we will lose goals, and games.

cleanyman

Bounce Radge
Poor stuff again

When will see some improvement?

Going to be a long two weeks but hope we can get some players in

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Quite enjoyed the first half and still no goals from open play against.

There were signs, just no alternative plan for the second half and got shut down.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Bounce Radge

There were signs, just no alternative plan for the second half and got shut down.
Credit must go to Aberdeen for snuffing us out I reckon. They worked hard and got there rewards for it.

The Family

Capital Radge
Bounce Radge

We played shite again but this time we lost because their midfield bossed us and we have no final third creativity

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Hibs cumulative for xG this season is 6.64, when you add in the penalties and we've scored 8 that is about the norm. However our cumulative against xG is 7.04 plus the penalties. But we've only conceded 1 non penalty goal all season and that was on the opening day.

And there's no cheating xG - these will even themselves out

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
What is xG?
Very simply, xG (or expected goals) is the probability that a shot will result in a goal based on the characteristics of that shot and the events leading up to it. Some of these characteristics/variables include:

• Location of shooter: How far was it from the goal and at what angle on the pitch?
  • Body part: Was it a header or off the shooter's foot?
  • Type of pass: Was it from a through ball, cross, set piece, etc?
  • Type of attack: Was it from an established possession? Was it off a rebound? Did the defense have time to get in position? Did it follow a dribble?
Every shot is compared to thousands of shots with similar characteristics to determine the probability that this shot will result in a goal. That probability is the expected goal total. An xG of 0 is a certain miss, while an xG of 1 is a certain goal. An xG of .5 would indicate that if identical shots were attempted 10 times, 5 would be expected to result in a goal.

There are a number of xG models that use similar techniques and variables, which attempt to reach the same conclusion.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£41.24
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 19 Years Old