• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The Olympics

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
They're trying to build Tokyo up but it's not happening is it? Maybe it'll pick up after Friday?

Meh! I couldn't even get excited when they were on our doorstep in 2012 - no chance this time round will capture my imagination.

I love the Olympics...but I fear for this one.
Think it's going to be knackered by Covid infections and athletes having to self-isolate.
They would have been better just scrapping it, but it means too much money to the Japs.

Meh! I couldn't even get excited when they were on our doorstep in 2012 - no chance this time round will capture my imagination.
I was a bit like that at the start.I was 'Fuck Boris and fuck everything he touches' but once the action started I was hooked.

I switched on the telly this morning and its started already! They kept that quiet.

Like everything else over the last year and a half it'll be different, but I dare say I'll get into it once its up and running. Awkward times for telly viewing over here, memories of early morning starts in the 2002 World Cup, but I'm off work next week so there's a fair chance I'll catch a fair bit (also working from home with my laptop in the living room the following week but shhh!)

Cannae believe its started !...take it they didn't bother with an opening ceremony ?

Cannae believe its started !...take it they didn't bother with an opening ceremony ?
It’s on Friday!

It’s on Friday!
It's just that I saw that the lassies fit'ba had started and assumed the whole thing was up and running because of that.

Should be a good OC on Friday. The Japanese always do these things well.

Should be a good OC on Friday. The Japanese always do these things well.
It will take some effort on Friday or any time in the future to surpass Danny Boyles magnificent Isles of Wonder, London 2012 opening.

BIG G

They're trying to build Tokyo up but it's not happening is it? Maybe it'll pick up after Friday?

beach volleyball is where it’s at.

boo for the Norwegians though!

See they've been fined?
Might be a fair bit turbulence there

What have the Norwegians done?Worn claes?

See the 'GB' woman's fitba team were off to a flying start. Their squad contains two Scots and 1 Welsh person.

What have the Norwegians done?Worn claes?
Precisely.

Still watching the opening. As you can imagine some very clever bits and some great costumes. I like the Japanese sense of style and aesthetics .I particularly liked the woman singing the national anthem's dress and the drones. I support the right of nations right to self determination but it dusnae half make for a long march in. I took great delight in noting the GB outfits were as hideous as the country itself, as backward and conservative as our present leaders.

People protesting it shouldn't go ahead and that Japan is seeing new infections...reality they had 6k new infections a handful of deaths and still under 1 million total ever infections. Some people would prefer the world locks down forever population is double of uk and they have gave out plenty vaccines.

People protesting it shouldn't go ahead and that Japan is seeing new infections...reality they had 6k new infections a handful of deaths and still under 1 million total ever infections. Some people would prefer the world locks down forever population is double of uk and they have gave out plenty vaccines.

Are there spectators? Pretty sure I read a while back that they had decided there wouldn't be any.
if there's none the risk is far less than if it was anything like the scenes in London during the Euros.

See the 'GB' woman's fitba team were off to a flying start. Their squad contains two Scots and 1 Welsh person.
Yes and one Kim Little who I believed scored. Had a look at her wiki page and she must be one of the most successful footballers ever to have played...and started their career with hibs.

88E9E132-4743-49E2-9D38-6A314DA8746F.jpeg

My kids do track cycling and had an awkward social distanced meet and greet with some of the USA cycling team who are heading out to Tokyo next week. They said they really don’t know what to expect other than there will be no spectators.

View attachment 5425

My kids do track cycling and had an awkward social distanced meet and greet with some of the USA cycling team who are heading out to Tokyo next week. They said they really don’t know what to expect other than there will be no spectators.
What a picture! The t-shirt must cause a lot of discussion. 😊

View attachment 5425

Brilliant :sm023:

Hibees here, hibees there....

Kim Little and Caroline Weir, the only Scots in the GB ladies football team, both played for the Hibernian Ladies football team. It could be argued we put them on the road to greatness!

Andy Murray another Olympic link to Hibs.

What a picture! The t-shirt must cause a lot of discussion. 😊
If I’m honest all our Hibs gear usually only gets comments from other British folk who live here. At the local dog park an English guy came up to us and said “I knew there must be a jock up here from the Hibernian sticker on the car in the parking lot”. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest as my pleasure comes from the fact that 2 out of the 3 of my kids still want to wear Hibs stuff and all three talk about ‘dirty huns’ and ‘jambos greetin in their beds’ 😁

If I’m honest all our Hibs gear usually only gets comments from other British folk who live here. At the local dog park an English guy came up to us and said “I knew there must be a jock up here from the Hibernian sticker on the car in the parking lot”. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest as my pleasure comes from the fact that 2 out of the 3 of my kids still want to wear Hibs stuff and all three talk about ‘dirty huns’ and ‘jambos greetin in their beds’ 😁
you can always sell the other yin.

Good medal haul overnight, well done all.

Watched the street skateboarding heats on Saturday night, thought it was great entertainment. Some of the tricks they were pulling off were insane! Definitely a worthy addition to the Olympics schedule IMO

Watched the street skateboarding heats on Saturday night, thought it was great entertainment. Some of the tricks they were pulling off were insane! Definitely a worthy addition to the Olympics schedule IMO

Should be restricted to under 16 competitors.

It's not for grown ups.
:coffee1:

Skateboards, fucking skateboards!!
There must be a good shout for Peevers to be included next time round.

I notice that after the deflated MSM baloon that was England getting horsed, has resurrected the War analogy, medals, bravery don't ye know.

The first words on the Radio4 news headlines on the hour, every hour yesterday and today was .....Team GB.

Anyway I'm off to find an empty Kiwi shoe polish can and some chalk. I fancy my chances in 4 years time.

ec8371b7-9b06-4f54-8568-345bc11350be-1.jpg

BIG G

Looking forward to the synchronised swimming...

I dont think its an Olympic sport. It can be impressive but I've watched the xgames for a few years and it's a big part of their schedule. It should stay there imo.

Can't believe wrestling has been dropped, it's one of the original games.

I dont think its an Olympic sport. It can be impressive but I've watched the xgames for a few years and it's a big part of their schedule. It should stay there imo.

I just think it was a brilliant watch, the level of of skill (and bravery) required was mind-blowing. I see they have rock climbing and surfing in this years Olympics too...

I'd say an Olympic gold should be the pinnacle of your sporting career, for some sports that's definitely not the case e.g. golf, tennis, football and therefore shouldn't be included IMO

Oh the irony....Kendo Nagasaki wrestles in Tokyo.

01.jpg

Bring it back I say.....fuck skateboards.

5034406-6274395-Stars_including_Big_Daddy_left_and_Giant_Haystacks_right_lit_up_-a-2_153951643...jpg

BIG G

skateboards.

5034406-6274395-Stars_including_Big_Daddy_left_and_Giant_Haystacks_right_lit_up_-a-2_153951643...jpg

BIG G
Not Big G that’s Big Daddy 😃

I enjoyed the mountain biking.

What scheme does Charlotte de Jardin come fae? Knightsbridge?

Watching the rugby sevens. The way these guys run through tackles and body checks while running at speeds in excess of 12mph is crazy and puts a lot of flimsy footballers to shame who fall over at the slightest of touches. Well done Figi for a cracking display.

GB boxing teams have also been outstanding so far Oh and come on Andy in the doubles..edit...kiss of death, just noticed he has been knocked out

Canny get in to it at all. Don't think the timing is great, right on the back of a decent Euros and just as the domestic season is getting underway.
I generally only watch fitbaw, boxing and basketball (got hooked on basketball after a holiday to the US one year and there was literally f**k all else on telly), so the Olympics are never a big deal to me. Even less so this time.

Skateboards, fucking skateboards!!
There must be a good shout for Peevers to be included next time round.

I notice that after the deflated MSM baloon that was England getting horsed, has resurrected the War analogy, medals, bravery don't ye know.

The first words on the Radio4 news headlines on the hour, every hour yesterday and today was .....Team GB.

Anyway I'm off to find an empty Kiwi shoe polish can and some chalk. I fancy my chances in 4 years time.

View attachment 5446

BIG G
Get the Dark Tan yin, it’s French polish dontyiknow. 😉

Watching the rugby sevens. The way these guys run through tackles and body checks while running at speeds in excess of 12mph is crazy and puts a lot of flimsy footballers to shame who fall over at the slightest of touches. Well done Figi for a cracking display.

GB boxing teams have also been outstanding so far Oh and come on Andy in the doubles..edit...kiss of death, just noticed he has been knocked out
Agree about the sevens, brilliant.
These guys must be fit as fuck

This thread has been viewed 5749 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back