• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The Last 16 Derbies

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Hearts have won 6 Hibs have won 6.We don't always blow it against them, not even close.

Some derbies are more important than others. We need winners and leaders

Since we were promoted,the team that has deserved to win the derby has generally won it.

Hearts have won 6 Hibs have won 6.We don't always blow it against them, not even close.

They've been utterly terrible for the past two years though

We should be sticking the boot into them

We don't

If they had our team but they played in maroon I reckon from the 16 they would have won at least 10

Some derbies are more important than others. We need winners and leaders
All derbies are equally important.

They've been utterly terrible for the past two years though

We should be sticking the boot into them

We don't

If they had our team but they played in maroon I reckon from the 16 they would have won at least 10
If my aunt was my uncle she'd have baws.

If my aunt was my uncle she'd have baws.

So what about the past 50 derbies ?

Why 16? 6 Vs 6 is still pish considering the team we've had compared to theirs

Are you happy with that ?

This game was our chance to finally put these *&*^ in their place and we failed. It’s games like this that hurts so much that we have been let down so badly.

All derbies are equally important.

All derbies are in important but when it comes to semi finals or even finals against your rivals they become Very Important, all you hear from they *&*^ is 5-1, because they know how much it hurt us watching that shite. Saturday was our chance to get some salvage back but the gutless *&*^ let us down again.

I'm pretty much over caring about derby stats. The damage was done in the 80's so no amount of winning is going to change the narrative around it. You can engage with the "big team", "natural order" bollocks if you want but you'll just end up frustrated.

Like the OP states, we have been fairly evenly matched since relegation and rebirth. I'll be concerned if we go into an 80's style slump again, but going forward I'm of the attitude that winning derbies will be sweet, losing them will sting for a bit, but beyond that its on to the next game. The history of the fixture is exactly that.

Also, I think us rising to the bait keeps this "big team", "wee team" "hibsing it" shite alive. Dundee have a similarly pish historical record in their derby, but nobody ever seems to mention it.

In my lifetime the draw is in front for league games with 59, 38 for us and 58 for them. They've won one more than us at ER with the damage being done at their dump. Cups games are 7-6 to them.

I'm pretty much over caring about derby stats. The damage was done in the 80's so no amount of winning is going to change the narrative around it. You can engage with the "big team", "natural order" bollocks if you want but you'll just end up frustrated.

Like the OP states, we have been fairly evenly matched since relegation and rebirth. I'll be concerned if we go into an 80's style slump again, but going forward I'm of the attitude that winning derbies will be sweet, losing them will sting for a bit, but beyond that its on to the next game. The history of the fixture is exactly that.

Also, I think us rising to the bait keeps this "big team", "wee team" "hibsing it" shite alive. Dundee have a similarly pish historical record in their derby, but nobody ever seems to mention it.

Spot on. Some folk carrying scars for far to long also.

I have attended the past 50 Derbies, won some, lost some and drawn some. Tell you what though, considering we are living during a deadly pandemic which has killed over 1 million people, I will personally be fucking delighted if I see the next game between us, win, loose or draw.

BIG G

yes

All derbies are in important but when it comes to semi finals or even finals against your rivals they become Very Important, all you hear from they *&*^ is 5-1, because they know how much it hurt us watching that shite. Saturday was our chance to get some salvage back but the gutless *&*^ let us down again.
What gutless *&*^?

What gutless *&*^?

Porteous, Boyle, Doidge apart from his goal,McGinn (For their first goal), Jack Ross for starting Magennis and not being able to combat Neilson & Co when they brought in Harring & Naismith.

That's small team mentality content with mediocrity

Last edited:
I have attended the past 50 Derbies, won some, lost some and drawn some. Tell you what though, considering we are living during a deadly pandemic which has killed over 1 million people, I will personally be fucking delighted if I see the next game between us, win, loose or draw.

BIG G

Lost more you mean

They want to win against us more than we do. That’s it in a nut shell. They had 3-4 bookings before we had one. We fouled them more during the game, but didn’t intimidate them one bit. Hanlon’s comments before the game were shocking. I like Paul, he’s a good player, just not a proper captain. I want to hear someone shouting, getting the players up and leading by example. We haven’t had that in fuck knows how long. It’s no coincidence when Cummings played we usually won. The boy had swagger and didn’t give a fuck.

Some derbies are more important than others.

I agree, I loved the 2 2 game and beating them in the replay.

A fair point. When some articles are published in the press or online they seem to be set with an agenda to make one team look really bad. How far back should we be looking? 5 years? 5 games?

I will just add as well that as Scumbo manger, that is only Neilsons 2nd win over Hibs. He had x1 win in the Championship (we won the last game that season convincingly). He was pumped out the cup two years in a row by a far superior Hibs team. Hibs have generally looked the better team and come out on top against his sides (including DU).

This thread has been viewed 1961 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50