• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The Ins and Outs Thread Summer 2019

He'll be given a chance dude but when he slips up I'll boo him tae fuck.

Boo your own player? Really? That I find not only incredible but utterly pointless. But you're not alone, I'm afraid, as I have heard other supposed Hibs "supporters" doing likewise recently. I thought the whole point was to support and encourage your team. Who'd have thought, eh?

Second string at Preston doesn’t fill me with much confidence. What strikes me with more fear is far off Dabriwski must be. Lads 21 and not even a sniff of first team football, hell even old man Combe got the nod over him last season. Can’t remeber the last time we actually produced a decent keep since Chris Read and even he couldn’t get a game. Praying to fuck Rocky is still here and this Maxwell is back up.

Second string at Preston doesn’t fill me with much confidence. What strikes me with more fear is far off Dabriwski must be. Lads 21 and not even a sniff of first team football, hell even old man Combe got the nod over him last season. Can’t remeber the last time we actually produced a decent keep since Chris Read and even he couldn’t get a game. Praying to fuck Rocky is still here and this Maxwell is back up.

I think the problem with young goalkeepers coming though at any big club is that one mistake and it can finish them.

Otso Virtan (spelling?) is the prime example. Young keeper signed to progress to the first team, dropped a clanger seconds into his debut, and was such a bag of nerves the defenders wouldn’t even make easy back passes to him. Never played again and was released.

Dabrowski should be getting sent out to a Scottish League One club for some proper first team experience.

Boo your own player? Really? That I find not only incredible but utterly pointless. But you're not alone, I'm afraid, as I have heard other supposed Hibs "supporters" doing likewise recently. I thought the whole point was to support and encourage your team. Who'd have thought, eh?

Hey i pay my money so weather i choose to boo or cheer is entirely up to me. Doesn't make me less of a Hibs fan.

Hey i pay my money so weather i choose to boo or cheer is entirely up to me. Doesn't make me less of a Hibs fan.
So you're a fair weather fan.

Well said mate.

I understand frustration at times but .... Booing a player only has one consequence and that is an adverse effect on confidence and causes more errors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning on booing before hes in the door is a bit of a joke tbh

Every goalkeeper makes mistakes, it's the Joy's of the job. Sitting with baited breath waiting for it to happen is a poor show. Money paid or not.

If he wasn’t ‘erratic’ and didn’t have a few mistakes in him then he would be no where near Hibs he would be at a top English club.

Update the list: Farmer & Petrie out, Gordon in.

Hopefully we will add to the list coming in;

McNulty
Ojo
Mullumbu
Omeonga

McNulty
Ojo
Mullumbu
Omeonga

The takeover talks have been going on since last December with a hint that the new boy has already been involved. I'm not sure today's announcement will change our position on players being signed this open windae.

If anything I can imagine Reading will see a seven figure investment headline and want it, all of it, even though it's much more than McNulty is worth to a Scottish club. It would be a great notice of intent from the new boy!

Nice list though!

The takeover talks have been going on since last December with a hint that the new boy has already been involved. I'm not sure today's announcement will change our position on players being signed this open windae.

If anything I can imagine Reading will see a seven figure investment headline and want it, all of it, even though it's much more than McNulty is worth to a Scottish club. It would be a great notice of intent from the new boy!

Nice list though!

Wouldn't need to fork out on fees in that list Jack.

McNulty
Ojo
Mullumbu
Omeonga

is this to go in our ten man midfield ??

LOL, good competition for places mate

Id be happy with Mcnulty and a defensive midfielder to replace Barts/Milligan

Id be happy with Mcnulty and a defensive midfielder to replace Barts/Milligan
So far , is it only Doidge that’s cost a fee ? If so players in and players left are about even wages wise , so when are we utilising the rest of the SJM transfer/ bonus money , or are we still hopeful of bringing Omeonga and Mcnulty back with that cash ?

So far , is it only Doidge that’s cost a fee ? If so players in and players left are about even wages wise , so when are we utilising the rest of the SJM transfer/ bonus money , or are we still hopeful of bringing Omeonga and Mcnulty back with that cash ?

McNulty will come when we sell Flo.

McNulty will come when we sell Flo.
Hope not , prefer both , if only one , then Flo .

Hope not , prefer both , if only one , then Flo .

Both would be awesome.

According to Heckingbottom it's one central midfielder and that's us....

A blind man could look at us and know we need MUCH more than one midfielder. From what I've seen, we will be in the bottom six with this lot.

Well.
I’m trusting the Heck knows more than me ( he really does) but I’m just a tad nervy.

Phoney war strikes again...

I hope

Money going to the indoor pitch ?

Whilst I think it's good that he wants to give our excellent young players a real chance this season to establish themselves as first teamers, he must know as much as anyone that we are short of players in central midfield and up front. If we have given up on McNulty then he must have a similar sort of player lined up. If the rumours about Kamberi leaving come to pass then it's two strikers required.
Hibs huge problem last season was a lack of real quality in the striking positions and just generally in the last third. He has at least tried to address the creativity problem in midfield, but IMO we have not increased the quality up front...although I do think Doidge will be an important player for us.
Three players still required surely to God.

Hopefully lessons are learned from last year. Started the season with Flo, MacLaren and Shaw, that turned out to be a disaster.

I am concerned if Hecky thinks our squad is anywhere near strong enough.We need at least three more decent signings.He must be the only one at Easter Road who is happy with the squad.

Had no desire to attend any of the games so far but going off what I've read on here if a few of our signings dont buck up their ideas its going to be a long season . I was happy we were doing business early but our signings so far haven't set the heather on fire as yet it appears

Had no desire to attend any of the games so far but going off what I've read on here if a few of our signings dont buck up their ideas its going to be a long season . I was happy we were doing business early but our signings so far haven't set the heather on fire as yet it appears
If that’s us finished in this window and for whatever reason , Flo , Rocky , Sdg and Lewis aren’t starters by the st. Mirren game , we could have problems :38:

Whilst I think it's good that he wants to give our excellent young players a real chance this season to establish themselves as first teamers, he must know as much as anyone that we are short of players in central midfield and up front. If we have given up on McNulty then he must have a similar sort of player lined up. If the rumours about Kamberi leaving come to pass then it's two strikers required.
Hibs huge problem last season was a lack of real quality in the striking positions and just generally in the last third. He has at least tried to address the creativity problem in midfield, but IMO we have not increased the quality up front...although I do think Doidge will be an important player for us.
Three players still required surely to God.
If he is happy with one more in, it may well turn out that Hecky doesn't know his arse from his elbow.
We'll find out by the end of September.

Hopefully this is just bluffing from PH.

Not sure why he would be though.

We all know we need strengthened in certain areas. Maybe no more cash available for players?
Wee bit concerning regardless

That is a huge concern as we at least need 3/4 better quality signings, do you think the Ojo shite has had an effect?

We do this every season it seems like. Start the season with a bare bones squad, struggle until January, then desperately bring in players and are playing catch up. I’m hoping PH is full of shite and we bring in another 3-4 QUALITY players.

No sure that is what he is saying.

No sure that is what he is saying.
Aye, me too.

I've not seen us play yet but my suspicions are a lot of folk are over reacting.

I've not seen us play yet but my suspicions are a lot of folk are over reacting.

I have seen us play 3 times, they are not.

When Allan, James, Doidge, arrived and a couple of youngsters broke through, I thought this could be a fine season for us. That plus the Gordon money and the McGinn promotion money. Thought we'd have the resources to make things happen. Just needed to get Omeonga, McNulty deals over the line to create a spine to the team with plenty of dig and goals in it.

Then the Ojo affair. Got a gut feeling this will come back and bite us on the arse if he bosses and organises the Sheep midfield the way they expect him to. The movie For A Few Dollars More came to mind. Then McNulty told to find a new club but nothing has happened. That might come good but who knows. Omeonga? Again, who knows. We're told that the problem is at the other end but money talks.

There's still time yet but I'm not feeling any feelgood factor yet. With the current squad we wont be at the Top 4 races. Its so much weaker than 2 seasons ago.

Good post.I agree with everything Green Sleeves has said.I am worried as I think , as it stands, we are weaker.

When Allan, James, Doidge, arrived and a couple of youngsters broke through, I thought this could be a fine season for us. That plus the Gordon money and the McGinn promotion money. Thought we'd have the resources to make things happen. Just needed to get Omeonga, McNulty deals over the line to create a spine to the team with plenty of dig and goals in it.

Then the Ojo affair. Got a gut feeling this will come back and bite us on the arse if he bosses and organises the Sheep midfield the way they expect him to. The movie For A Few Dollars More came to mind. Then McNulty told to find a new club but nothing has happened. That might come good but who knows. Omeonga? Again, who knows. We're told that the problem is at the other end but money talks.

There's still time yet but I'm not feeling any feelgood factor yet. With the current squad we wont be at the Top 4 races. Its so much weaker than 2 seasons ago.
Even weaker then last season

This thread has been viewed 21120 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50