• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The Bounce these Days

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Private Member
Reaction score
For a Cup final i'd reckon we'd struggle to fill 2 buses these days , back in the day it would be 7 or 8 . Not quite sure what that means but one of the things i think has changed

It would be interesting to see the age range of users and contributors. Do as many ‘younger’ fans use message boards?

It would be interesting to see the age range of users and contributors. Do as many ‘younger’ fans use message boards?
depends what you call young i suppose , to me thats under 40s

Yaaasss I feel young again

Yaaasss I feel young again
thats only my opinion mind

For a Cup final i'd reckon we'd struggle to fill 2 buses these days , back in the day it would be 7 or 8 . Not quite sure what that means but one of the things i think has changed
Is there a bit missing off the end of this?

Aye, happy days back then.

thats only my opinion mind
I'll take it though 🤣

Is there a bit missing off the end of this?
Such as ?

Such as ?
Aw, maybe no, you just meant that only filling two buses is one of the things that's changed? I thought the last sentence was going to be "one of the things I think has changed is....". Just me being slow.

We have certainly lost a fair amount of good regular contributors over the years I have been posting.
Shame really.

Aw, maybe no, you just meant that only filling two buses is one of the things that's changed? I thought the last sentence was going to be "one of the things I think has changed is....". Just me being slow.
Probably should have put a full stop . Used to be a bit of a community feel around here where people who otherwise wouldn't know each other became friends and looked forward to a meet up , well a piss up actually. I don't really see that anymore and lots of those people have vanished

Probably should have put a full stop . Used to be a bit of a community feel around here where people who otherwise wouldn't know each other became friends and looked forward to a meet up , well a piss up actually. I don't really see that anymore and lots of those people have vanished
You buying?

:54:

I’d agree re under 40.
are the younger ones using closed WhatsApp group for example?

I still think its a Good place, especially when compared to the other options. Still has a family feel to it I think. I maybe missed its heyday, but for sure there is less traffic now. Yeah, a few "star" posters have moved on, but let's not kid ourselves that there wasn't a few slavers back then too. 🤣.
Nothing, absolutely nothing stays the same forever, its a fact, and sadly, not many off us (me being the worst culprit) deal well with change.

lockdown hasn’t helped in terms of meet ups etc

have met a lot of folk through this site over the years who I consider friends now too many to mention

Sad to say but I think it's largely an age thing.
Message boards are VERY old school.

Most of the younger Hibs support generally post on Twitter, Instagram etc - some still even comment on Facebook threads, but only ever in a totally entitled, overreaction, hysterical manner (just read the comments after any official Hibs post for reference).

It's pretty tragic patter really. No-one can have a discussion/debate anymore it's simply a case of "I'm right, you're wrong". These are same morons that DEMAND that they deserve better after any random Hibs defeat - cos they've been hardcore Hibees since 2016....

To bring things more up to date for those of us that are still here 💚 I'd suggest a combination of the close season, lack of signings and the unprecedented last 18 months has probably taken it's toll on some posters.
And I include myself in that category!

Last edited:

Most of the younger Hibs support generally post on Twitter, Instagram etc - some still even comment on Facebook threads, but only ever in a totally entitled, overreaction, hysterical manner (just read the comments after any official Hibs post for reference).

It's pretty tragic patter really. No-one can have a discussion/debate anymore it's simply a case of "I'm right, you're wrong". These are same morons that DEMAND that they deserve better after and random Hibs defeat - cos they've been hardcore Hibees since 2016....

To bring things more up to date for those of us that are still here 💚 I'd suggest a combination of the close season, lack of signings and the unprecedented last 18 months had probably taken it's toll on some posters.
First thing I do every morning is go on the bounce and have done for many, many years, it is a part of my life and always will be.

First thing I do every morning is go on the bounce and have done for many, many years, it is a part of my life and always will be.
Me tae Eck - but I rarely reply to what I read.
Even as an auld git I'm part of the problem 😱

Me too.

If only to find out who's been on the bevvy and posted the biggest pile of pish!

... and sometimes I find out it was me :22:

I spend far too much time here. And probably piss off far too many folk.

But I enjoy that so go fcuk yourselves.

You buying?

:54:
I remember when you used to crash your fags!

I spend far too much time here. And probably piss off far too many folk.

But I enjoy that so go fcuk yourselves.
You sound like the kind of weird old guy that thinks trading in an Audi and replacing it with a Volvo is a good idea!

You cants are worth the watching🤨

*Unless I'm stalking the wrong beardy weirdy and have mixed you up with someone else...

I remember when you used to crash your fags!
Guarantee that will be met with a ????:102:

The Bounce is one of my first stops in the morning, and periodically throughout the day.

And now that I'm over the pond it's only 1875s Just Back is the only match report I read

You sound like the kind of weird old guy that thinks trading in an Audi and replacing it with a Volvo is a good idea!

You cants are worth the watching🤨

*Unless I'm stalking the wrong beardy weirdy and have mixed you up with someone else...
I am that man!! You tactless prick!

It's pretty tragic patter really. No-one can have a discussion/debate anymore it's simply a case of "I'm right, you're wrong". These are same morons that DEMAND that they deserve better after any random Hibs defeat - cos they've been hardcore Hibees since 2016....

To bring things more up to date for those of us that are still here 💚 I'd suggest a combination of the close season, lack of signings and the unprecedented last 18 months has probably taken it's toll on some posters.

the Hibs chat on twitter is shockingly bad from what I’ve seen and I am a regular user of it for work

It’s an interesting topic. Digital engagement is talked about regularly at my work (falls on my pad that one 😅).

I joined this site at 17 and have remained since. Most on here will be the same regardless of age - we’re all the messageboard/online chat era. Younger ones have more instant means of communicating that most fans forums will be bypassed. Experienced generations will be using the newer communication tools too. Will it all come back together later down the line? A hink so.

Hopefully a get together at some point this season ✅

I am that man!! You tactless prick!
Oops!!
My humblest apologies to Shrink then - turns out you're the stalkee!! 😳

Edit: and your private plate is H185.... what?

Brilliant young Brian, your auld pal G is totally on your page and agree amigo. Ye cannae communicate with me on Twitter or Facebook amigo as I have never ever been on them, thank fuck. The stuff I posted about the draw today, was sent to me, I took a photo, which at 68 years auld I can just about manage and passed to this splendid Hibernian forum.

BIG G

It’s an interesting topic. Digital engagement is talked about regularly at my work (falls on my pad that one 😅).

I joined this site at 17 and have remained since. Most on here will be the same regardless of age - we’re all the messageboard/online chat era. Younger ones have more instant means of communicating that most fans forums will be bypassed. Experienced generations will be using the newer communication tools too. Will it all come back together later down the line? A hink so.

Hopefully a get together at some point this season ✅
I think we’ll probably be at the younger spectrum of things on here. I’m 32, not sure what age you are KP but it probably won’t be much of a difference. I think the message boards/msn style chat rooms died off slightly after I used them. I do enjoy the bounce but did feel that it changed a bit between the relegation years when things were heated and maybe people drifted away from it.

I think we’ll probably be at the younger spectrum of things on here. I’m 32, not sure what age you are KP but it probably won’t be much of a difference. I think the message boards/msn style chat rooms died off slightly after I used them. I do enjoy the bounce but did feel that it changed a bit between the relegation years when things were heated and maybe people drifted away from it.
35. Feel 40. Look 45 😂

Oops!!
My humblest apologies to Shrink then - turns out you're the stalkee!! 😳

Edit: and your private plate is H185.... what?
It’s H18S …. in fact.

Me too.

If only to find out who's been on the bevvy and posted the biggest pile of pish!

... and sometimes I find out it was me :22:
Jack, your fucked mate. BIG G takes that mantle over 20 years of talking drunken kack on this splendid Bounce amigo. X

It has lost its community feel. Don't know why. I still enjoy it. I use a lot of Twitter & Facebook for Hibs related stuff. Most of it not too bad. However, the first place I go to for proper Hibs analysis, debate and discussion is here. Because it's traditionally been raw and brutally honest. Lots of members have stopped posting for a number of reasons who are missed. Thankfully there's still many I enjoy. Just not as many!

No enough sensible *&*^ like me.

It’s H18S …. in fact.
Good work fella

Just waiting for a post on .net highlighting a discussion about the Bounces values and existence .

BIG G

It has lost its community feel. Don't know why. I still enjoy it. I use a lot of Twitter & Facebook for Hibs related stuff. Most of it not too bad. However, the first place I go to for proper Hibs analysis, debate and discussion is here. Because it's traditionally been raw and brutally honest. Lots of members have stopped posting for a number of reasons who are missed. Thankfully there's still many I enjoy. Just not as many!
I feel like most of the folks on here are the type I could have a pint and a blether/debate/arguement with - then shake hands at the end of the night and go our separate ways.

The Twitter/Facebook comments I read on Hibs sites make me truly despair.

This thread has been viewed 4164 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back