• Guest, Pickem Week 1 Available Here!

This is a Prize League - To Enter See Here

The Bounce these Days

SUPPORT THE SITE!
July Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £60.00

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
For a Cup final i'd reckon we'd struggle to fill 2 buses these days , back in the day it would be 7 or 8 . Not quite sure what that means but one of the things i think has changed

NW

Just A Radge
It would be interesting to see the age range of users and contributors. Do as many ‘younger’ fans use message boards?

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
For a Cup final i'd reckon we'd struggle to fill 2 buses these days , back in the day it would be 7 or 8 . Not quite sure what that means but one of the things i think has changed
Is there a bit missing off the end of this?

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Such as ?
Aw, maybe no, you just meant that only filling two buses is one of the things that's changed? I thought the last sentence was going to be "one of the things I think has changed is....". Just me being slow.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Aw, maybe no, you just meant that only filling two buses is one of the things that's changed? I thought the last sentence was going to be "one of the things I think has changed is....". Just me being slow.
Probably should have put a full stop . Used to be a bit of a community feel around here where people who otherwise wouldn't know each other became friends and looked forward to a meet up , well a piss up actually. I don't really see that anymore and lots of those people have vanished

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
I still think its a Good place, especially when compared to the other options. Still has a family feel to it I think. I maybe missed its heyday, but for sure there is less traffic now. Yeah, a few "star" posters have moved on, but let's not kid ourselves that there wasn't a few slavers back then too. 🤣.
Nothing, absolutely nothing stays the same forever, its a fact, and sadly, not many off us (me being the worst culprit) deal well with change.

tricky

Legendary Radge
Probably should have put a full stop . Used to be a bit of a community feel around here where people who otherwise wouldn't know each other became friends and looked forward to a meet up , well a piss up actually. I don't really see that anymore and lots of those people have vanished

lockdown hasn’t helped in terms of meet ups etc

have met a lot of folk through this site over the years who I consider friends now too many to mention

brianmc

Well-Known Radge
Sad to say but I think it's largely an age thing.
Message boards are VERY old school.

Most of the younger Hibs support generally post on Twitter, Instagram etc - some still even comment on Facebook threads, but only ever in a totally entitled, overreaction, hysterical manner (just read the comments after any official Hibs post for reference).

It's pretty tragic patter really. No-one can have a discussion/debate anymore it's simply a case of "I'm right, you're wrong". These are same morons that DEMAND that they deserve better after any random Hibs defeat - cos they've been hardcore Hibees since 2016....

To bring things more up to date for those of us that are still here 💚 I'd suggest a combination of the close season, lack of signings and the unprecedented last 18 months has probably taken it's toll on some posters.
And I include myself in that category!

Last edited:

eckmf

I'm a Radge Donator
Sad to say but I think it's largely an age thing.
Message boards are VERY old school.

Most of the younger Hibs support generally post on Twitter, Instagram etc - some still even comment on Facebook threads, but only ever in a totally entitled, overreaction, hysterical manner (just read the comments after any official Hibs post for reference).

It's pretty tragic patter really. No-one can have a discussion/debate anymore it's simply a case of "I'm right, you're wrong". These are same morons that DEMAND that they deserve better after and random Hibs defeat - cos they've been hardcore Hibees since 2016....

To bring things more up to date for those of us that are still here 💚 I'd suggest a combination of the close season, lack of signings and the unprecedented last 18 months had probably taken it's toll on some posters.
And I include myself in that category!
First thing I do every morning is go on the bounce and have done for many, many years, it is a part of my life and always will be.

brianmc

Well-Known Radge
First thing I do every morning is go on the bounce and have done for many, many years, it is a part of my life and always will be.
Me tae Eck - but I rarely reply to what I read.
Even as an auld git I'm part of the problem 😱

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here