Thanks KP

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
K,
@Power

I realize you left the board last week - I just wanted to thank you for your outstanding efforts over the period you were our fans rep.

I really appreciate the time snd effort you put in, and how you really “got” the role from a fans perspective, much more than any of the previous holders.

Youve left bug boots to fill.

thanks,
B

Power

Legendary Radge
K,
@Power

I realize you left the board last week - I just wanted to thank you for your outstanding efforts over the period you were our fans rep.

I really appreciate the time snd effort you put in, and how you really “got” the role from a fans perspective, much more than any of the previous holders.

Youve left bug boots to fill.

thanks,
B
Cheers B.

It will no doubt ultimately turn out to be the biggest privilege in my life. Surreal from start to finish.

The role of supporter representative has been extremely satisfying - very demanding in parts (football fans are very intense) but always rewarding - I enjoy helping people out, individual, groups or for the collective. Ye canny beat it. I’m now fortunate I do that for my jobs.

There’s been challenges - there’s been lots of poor comments aimed at me directly online over the period and even one instance of someone impersonating me on phonecalls to other Hibs fans to achieve f**k knows what. I’d be lying if I said that didnae affect me at the times. Absolute madness.

On my time on the board I’ve flagged 45 items for the boards attention. And at this point I’m thankful for my written updates to supporters for the last 26 months or I would’ve forgot most of them to be honest. It was never intended to be a diary of sorts but it works well.

The key themes in amongst all of that has been - better club communication, more senior management visibility, recognising HSL contributions, appreciating supporters, football feedback.

Hopefully I’ve bumped the improved toilets at ER up the capital investment list. I’d swap the new pies and tannoy system for a Scottish Cup though (FFS).

I flagged to the board on leaving that it is super important that supporters can identify with someone on the board, important in terms of confidence, trust and relationship building. Not forgetting governance. They appreciate that.

We’ve seen this season how things can change quickly at clubs - Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts have all had public tension between supporters and club management. It is super important to have great relationships to ensure these scenarios are best avoided here. We’re lucky we have a great working relationship with our core support.

If anything, the European super league soap opera last month has shown that if you don’t connect, inform and listen to your supporters it can backfire massively. Broken beyond repair.

We have thousands of experienced, knowledgeable and passionate supporters - we’re in safe hands combining that with talented staff and board at the club.

I’ll let Hibs make the call on what’s next, their story to tell, no mines. I’m recharging the batteries ready for another season of the greenmachine on the rollercoaster.

Last edited:

Admin
Excellent work KP, you changed the role from a club rep to the fans, to a fans rep to the club.

I doubt it can be surpassed, and I am concerned the club may go down a different route in the future, nullifying much of the good work you done. Unless of course they are announcing you as new CEO!

Last edited:

whiskas

Just A Radge
Thanks for all your hard work and engagement over your tenure and sorry to hear you’re going but I do remember you suggested it should be a 2 year post when you were appointed. You’ll be a hard act to follow but at least now you can focus on enjoying the football!

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here