• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Swiss boy

westsidehibs

Private Member
Reaction score
Meant to have signed untill the end of the season.

Meant to have signed untill the end of the season.

Toby Malone?

Playing for Hibs is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman...

334fc1eae7b4e0f5bcbc3b98620178.jpg

Aye that's him at his peak regarding form but its generally up and doon.

Aye that's him at his peak regarding form but its generally up and doon.

I heard he is emental?

Need to get a swatch at his bird she's meant to be tidy !

Tick tock.

If it's the guy I read about yesterday it's not an impressive CV in terms of goals scored...

I didn't believe it...but then I saw his face...

Now I'm a Geneva.

Wonder if we actually watched him or had a bunch of edited YouTube videos emailed to us.

Playing for Hibs is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman...

334fc1eae7b4e0f5bcbc3b98620178.jpg

Quickly get your balls into the box and then one good, hard shot and it`s all over....you can relax, you`ve scored.

If it's the guy I read about yesterday it's not an impressive CV in terms of goals scored...

Either am I tbh sick of " gie the boy a chance signings " would be nice to get someone in that you know what your getting.

Either am I tbh sick of " gie the boy a chance signings " would be nice to get someone in that you know what your getting.

This for me too.

This for me too.

...and me.

Any names?

...and me.

Is that not what we tried with Stokes, Swanson and Whittaker?

Looking to line his bank account

Is that not what we tried with Stokes, Swanson and Whittaker?

Fair point. Still think there`s a player in Swanson though if he gets a chance and stays fit.

Any names?

Toby L'Erone he is half French

Box tae box striker that plays at the top of the diamond?:rascal:

Aww heh, get your ane jokes! (See above).

Aww heh, get your ane jokes! (See above).

ha ha didn't "clock" that post when looking through :D

Florian Kamberi

Best of Florian Kamberi (GCZ) - YouTube
Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5 goals in 50 odd games doesn’t fill me with confidence

5 goals in 50 odd games doesn’t fill me with confidence

Me neither. Ok to say he didnt score many in Swiss super leagie but then 1 goal in 15 in German 2nd aint good, and he is 22 so not exactly breaking through

We all know we don't score enough goals something that even Lennon has even highlighted , so why even go for a guy with this sort of cv ?

And the players that come here with a bit of a record never live up to it.

So we'll just wait n see, might play behind the striker, might play wide. Might only be playing 15 minutes a game.

Goals don't tell the full story.

We all know we don't score enough goals something that even Lennon has even highlighted , so why even go for a guy with this sort of cv ?

Suggests we are scraping at the bottom of the barrel.

Really need to sort out the situation with Dylan, SJM and Stokes. We need quality not journeymen and loan deals.

Heard tonight at the game that Dylan isnt interested in sitting down with hibs regarding sorting out a contract.
Please note this was only what I was told from someone who gets some inside info , take it for what it is.

Heard tonight at the game that Dylan isnt interested in sitting down with hibs regarding sorting out a contract.
Please note this was only what I was told from someone who gets some inside info , take it for what it is.

I've heard nothing, but as he has a 'verbal contract on the table' then I'd say this is quite likely to be true.

Supposedly.

Hibs*have asked Swiss club Grasshoppers Zurich to extend the trial of striker Florian Kamberi by another week as manager Neil Lennon attempts to solve his side's scoring problems.*(Scotsman)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I've heard nothing, but as he has a 'verbal contract on the table' then I'd say this is quite likely to be true.

Makes no sense really. Lennon starts him most games recently but only offered verbal contract. He clearly isn’t that keen on keeping him at hibs? Hope he has something up his sleeve to replace him as he’s one of our best players, if you ask me.

Makes no sense really. Lennon starts him most games recently but only offered verbal contract. He clearly isn’t that keen on keeping him at hibs? Hope he has something up his sleeve to replace him as he’s one of our best players, if you ask me.

My understanding is that a 'verbal contract' is the first stage in the negotiations, indicating that the club wants to keep you - and that is usually the starting point for the club & agent to then attempt to thrash out a deal acceptable to all. Once that is done, the club table the written offer which hopefully will requier tweaking at most and will be signed by all concerned.

If we haven't got past the verbal offer then I'm surmising that's because Dylan/Dylan's agent hasn't responded and is probably negotiating elsewhere.

I hope we can get Dylan to stay.

My understanding is that a 'verbal contract' is the first stage in the negotiations, indicating that the club wants to keep you - and that is usually the starting point for the club & agent to then attempt to thrash out a deal acceptable to all. Once that is done, the club table the written offer which hopefully will requier tweaking at most and will be signed by all concerned.

If we haven't got past the verbal offer then I'm surmising that's because Dylan/Dylan's agent hasn't responded and is probably negotiating elsewhere.

I hope we can get Dylan to stay.

That’s how I’d imagine it works - the club will say they want to negotiate a new contract, probably indicate the length of the deal, then the players’ agent will respond. Or not, as seems to be the case here.

Dylan is probably weighing up his options, I’d expect holding off to see if an English club come in with a decent sized contract (bigger than we could offer).

Swiss boys stats ain't too impressive with 6 in 41 for Grasshoppers and only 1 in 15 with Karlsruher, however he was prolific with Grasshoppers U21's, scoring 21 in 26 games. He will be 23 in March. Doesn't look like he has made the step up but who's to say he can't regain his scoring touch in Scotland?

I always think it's a lottery up here. Our league has been awash with complete unknowns managing to score goals in our league. (Sammon, Higdon, McKay,Sutton, Moult etc) It's also been full of no mark strikers who have struggled to even score a goal (Dagnall, Stockton, many many too many huddies)

It's a gamble. But then every transfer is.

Swiss boys stats ain't too impressive with 6 in 41 for Grasshoppers and only 1 in 15 with Karlsruher, however he was prolific with Grasshoppers U21's, scoring 21 in 26 games. He will be 23 in March. Doesn't look like he has made the step up but who's to say he can't regain his scoring touch in Scotland?

I always think it's a lottery up here. Our league has been awash with complete unknowns managing to score goals in our league. (Sammon, Higdon, McKay,Sutton, Moult etc) It's also been full of no mark strikers who have struggled to even score a goal (Dagnall, Stockton, many many too many huddies)

It's a gamble. But then every transfer is.

Totally agree, strikers up here all seem to be total hit or miss gambles. Big money, well know strikers don’t necessarily guarantee any more goals than unheard of lower league players. It often seems to be the case that some strikers also just “fit” at one club, like Billy McKay who has never replicated the form he showed during his first stint at Inverness.

If we sign this guy then hopefully he is more Malonga than Djedje...

That doesn’t always work though. James Collins goal scoring record was impeccable prior to signing for Hibs. Tell any Sheffield United fan that Matt Done is a crap player and they’d scoff. Jonathan Grounds is a hero to Birmingham City fans....Certain clubs and leagues can bring out the best and worst in players.

That doesn’t always work though. James Collins goal scoring record was impeccable prior to signing for Hibs. Tell any Sheffield United fan that Matt Done is a crap player and they’d scoff. Jonathan Grounds is a hero to Birmingham City fans....Certain clubs and leagues can bring out the best and worst in players.

And picked up again when he left Hibs. This would surely indicate that the problem was with how we utilised him rather than his ability to find the back of the net.

When has this type of signing ever worked out for us, genuine question?

This thread has been viewed 3921 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back