Sweets

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £45.00

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
I'm a big bairn when it comes to old fashioned sweets, love 'em all.

Strawberry bon bons, butternuts, kola cubes, cherry lips, Edinburgh rock, traffic light lollys, sugar mice, liquorice comfits, soor plooms, cannonballs... Mmmmm

Here is a question though: When I was a kid (1980s), I used to love these sweets that were multicoloured cubes that had a sweet coconut filling. I never see them anymore, even in old fashioned sweet shops, I remember them being called something like Japanese Whispers but that's an album by The Cure so Googling hasn't really helped...

Freewheeling

New radge
I'm a big bairn when it comes to old fashioned sweets, love 'em all.

Strawberry bon bons, butternuts, kola cubes, cherry lips, Edinburgh rock, traffic light lollys, sugar mice, liquorice comfits, soor plooms, cannonballs... Mmmmm

Here is a question though: When I was a kid (1980s), I used to love these sweets that were multicoloured cubes that had a sweet coconut filling. I never see them anymore, even in old fashioned sweet shops, I remember them being called something like Japanese Whispers but that's an album by The Cure so Googling hasn't really helped...
They were called Jap Desserts. I particularly liked the chocolate ones.

I have not seen them for years.

My all-time favourite is Love Hearts. I can get through a whole pack in no time.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
They were called Jap Desserts. I particularly liked the chocolate ones.

I have not seen them for years.

My all-time favourite is Love Hearts. I can get through a whole pack in no time.
That's them.

Just did some Googling to see if I could source some and it looks like they have disappeared.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
That's them.

Just did some Googling to see if I could source some and it looks like they have disappeared.
You didnt look very hard though did you...

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
You didnt look very hard though did you...

Obviously I wasn't talking about them.

I wouldn't eat anything with Hearts in the title anyway.

🤢

NGP

A message to you, radge
Used to love sherbet lemons, but they make my teeth rattle these days.
Liquorice All-sorts or just liquorice for me.

Last edited:
Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here