• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Summer 2021 Rumours

We are risking not getting anymore injuries and if we do we are looking at players that Ross & Co don’t rate and aren’t real competition for the injured players.

So no I don’t think we have the squad in depth to be competing for third. We finished 3rd with the majority of the same players as last season, but the league is stronger, better players have been added to their teams.

The only team I think has done well in signings recently is Aberdeen. Splashed oot big time but if this experiment doesn't work where do they go?

Aye, I seen that after 😂 Am a fud!
Yi scored the winner in 2016, yer no a fud😉

We are top of the league with that said shite squad :gigglle:

Long way to go 😉

Second highest scorers in the league.
Celtic only ahead because of two 6-0 fistings handed out.
2nd most shots per game, top 4 on virtually every other stat.

Shite though.

Aye I'm disgusted :gigglle:

The only team I think has done well in signings recently is Aberdeen. Splashed oot big time but if this experiment doesn't work where do they go?
I remember the times when our squad was so shite that it needed major surgery in the summer too. Can't say I'm yearning to go back to that.

Other teams have strengthened also.

We are risking not getting anymore injuries and if we do we are looking at players that Ross & Co don’t rate and aren’t real competition for the injured players.

So no I don’t think we have the squad in depth to be competing for third. We finished 3rd with the majority of the same players as last season, but the league is stronger, better players have been added to their teams.

Who do we have that Ross doesn't rate?
Scott Allan? You'd have his babies.
The risk of injuries exists no matter who we sign.
Everyone in our first team and those players who are out injured are in fact rated by Jack.

We've also added players btw, Jake Doyle Hayes who you were absolutely pissed off at has been a revelation.
We've got Mueller coming in January.

We'll be competing for third
Just watch this space.

I remember the times when our squad was so shite that it needed major surgery in the summer too. Can't say I'm yearning to go back to that.

Aye fuck that. 9 players needed each season.

Hmm dinny agree with you on that tbf.

Who has signed for anyone in the league that you'd put in our first 11?

Not including Leigh. Who is questionable as it is.

Who do we have that Ross doesn't rate?
Scott Allan? You'd have his babies.
The risk of injuries exists no matter who we sign.
Everyone in our first team and those players who are out injured are in fact rated by Jack.

We've also added players btw, Jake Doyle Hayes who you were absolutely pissed off at has been a revelation.
We've got Mueller coming in January.

We'll be competing for third
Just watch this space.

It’s obviously Ross doesn’t rate Allan or he would be given more game time as for babies comment fucking grow up.

Murphy & Cadden you said yourself, Doidge is long term also.

JDH we have already covered and why you feel need to bring that up is scrapping the fucking barrel.

Mueller not coming until January, we are only coming into September.

Totally see where you’re coming from. On paper, we look light outwith our starting XI. Doidge out for months, Murphy needs wrapped in cotton wool, Newell’s ankle seems to be reoccurring now, Cadden still a few weeks off playing, or certainly starting. If we were to lose Boyle and/or Nisbet, things get even worse.
Just got to hope we can keep everyone fit and the likes of McGinn can get back to the form he was showing when he first arrived. Our first XI is slightly stronger than our nearest rivals at this moment, depending how the Sheeps new additions get on and if Hearts usual scatter gun approach to signings pays off for them.

It’s obviously Ross doesn’t rate Allan or he would be given more game time as for babies comment fucking grow up.

Murphy & Cadden you said yourself, Doidge is long term also.

JDH we have already covered and why you feel need to bring that up is scrapping the fucking barrel.

Mueller not coming until January, we are only coming into September.

I asked which players Ross doesn't rate.
Not who's injured.

You're talking shite now
I'm outta here

Nisbet tae the The Huns, 4M + Roofe this way.

Who has signed for anyone in the league that you'd put in our first 11?

Not including Leigh. Who is questionable as it is.

Scott Brown, Ramirez, Longstaff.

The boy Hertz got from Everton and Bristol City.

Dundee United - Levitt, Mulgrew

To name but a few

I asked which players Ross doesn't rate.
Not who's injured.

You're talking shite now
I'm outta here

Look at the squad and who plays and who doesn’t it isn’t difficult

Jack Ross first said at the AGM that he wanted a forward and a defender.

And he's repeated it ad nauseam all summer. So much so you'd think he was publicly trying to tell someone something....

And we've signed a forward in James Scott and defender in Nathan Wood. Both on loan.

Whatever their individual talents and potential are we seriously suggesting those two tick the box?

Throw in then losing Christian Doidge.

I admire the positivity folks like @Hammi are putting on this but I'm not so sure it'll be a view shared by our manager.

He made it clear what he wanted. Recruitment haven't as yet, with three hours ago eight minutes to go, delivered.

Nisbet tae the The Huns, 4M + Roofe this way.
Hope no

And he's repeated it ad nauseam all summer. So much so you'd think he was publicly trying to tell someone something....

And we've signed a forward in James Scott and defender in Nathan Wood. Both on loan.

Whatever their individual talents and potential are we seriously suggesting those two tick the box?

I admire the positivity folks like @Hammi are putting on this but I'm not so sure it'll be a view shared by our manager.

He made it clear what he wanted. Recruitment haven't as yet, with three hours ago eight minutes to go, delivered.

11pm window closes I thought?

11 in England. Midnight in Scotland

We have a very decent starting 11 but once you take the current injuries out there isn't much back up . Injuries are unfortunate and can happen anytime but happen they have . We'll make top 6 but 3rd might be beyond us as we stand right now

We have a very decent starting 11 but once you take the current injuries out there isn't much back up . Injuries are unfortunate and can happen anytime but happen they have . We'll make top 6 but 3rd might be beyond us as we stand right now

Exactly mate

11 in England. Midnight in Scotland

Ah cheers 👍

Scott Brown, Ramirez, Longstaff.

The boy Hertz got from Everton and Bristol City.

Dundee United - Levitt, Mulgrew

To name but a few

Scott Brown to replace who? JDH? Same role.
Ramirez to replace Nisbet? Nah
Longstaff, decent in fairness, but Magennis has started great.
Dunno who the boy hearts got from 2 teams
Dunno a thing about Levitt, who's he? Centre midfield? Who we replacing?
Mulgrew? Who's he replacing?

I said first team.
Longstaff is the only one with an actual shout.

I do think we could have and should have done better.
But its not the end of the world and we're not gonna finish bottom 6 without a hope and a prayer over it.
We'll compete, im certain.

Might be a positive spin Hibs post before then. The spinmaster tosser that needs a good wash that hangs about ER like a bad smell will be busy typing away trying to justify whatever fee he invoices and his free seat...

It'll be between us, Aberdeen and Hertz for third i think, we are short and do fall short in bug games to much but dont think its beyond us at all.

Reactions: Zab

I said first team.

But its not the end of the world and we're not gonna finish bottom 6 without a hope and a prayer over it.
Brown for his leadership qualities if nothing else

I said first team.

Because you don’t agree doesn’t mean Jack shit to me, you asked what players other teams have brought in and would walk into our first 11, I have gave you a few of them obviously there would be others but you wouldn’t agree.

Your having a laugh if you don’t think they would walk into our first 11

We certainly need another striker in, if not IMO we are going to be toiling.
Hibs have been a striker short for more than a year now and the manager has stated this on several occasions. Doidge being out for months just makes it even more needed.

Sorry, I know we have had the pandemic and all that that entails, and I know we don't have the same money flowing in every month that Hearts and Aberdeen do, but it really has been a pretty disappointing summer transfer window if this is all we end up with.

Third place finish is going to be extremely difficult this season in my view. We have to try harder to compete with our two main rivals both on and off the park.

I suspect they were relying on selling Josh Doig a few weeks ago to get the funds required to seriously bolster the first team squad.

Would take over the Gogic role no problem

Look at the squad and who plays and who doesn’t it isn’t difficult
It wasnt particularly difficult last season.
Marciano, Irvine and arguably Mallan are the 3 guys weve lost.
Weve added McKay, Scott, Wood and JDH. Mueller to arrive in January( possibly sooner if his present club dont make the playoff)
Magennis is like a new signing too
The injuries situation is unfortunate but, shit happens.

What happens when JDH is injured? Gogic has been a shambles recently. We are basically 2 injuries/suspensions away from having zero quality on the bench at any time. Relying on Drey Wright is a non starter. I expected us to kick on and add some really quality at the back. John Souter, for example, would start before any of our centre backs. To me that’s not good enough. We also lack any real leaders, minus 36yo Macgregor.

We certainly need another striker in, if not IMO we are going to be toiling.
Hibs have been a striker short for more than a year now and the manager has stated this on several occasions. Doidge being out for months just makes it even more needed.

Sorry, I know we have had the pandemic and all that that entails, and I know we don't have the same money flowing in every month that Hearts and Aberdeen do, but it really has been a pretty disappointing summer transfer window if this is all we end up with.

Third place finish is going to be extremely difficult this season in my view. We have to try harder to compete with our two main rivals both on and off the park.

I suspect they were relying on selling Josh Doig a few weeks ago to get the funds required to seriously bolster the first team squad.

I suspect Jack Ross would put his name to that. He couldn't have been as explicit in spelling out what he's wanted since the AGM. Recruitment hasn't, as yet, delivered.

Weve added McKay, Scott, Wood and JDH. Mueller to arrive in January( possibly sooner if his present club dont make the playoff)
Theyve happened at the right time though , we have the chance to react to a bad situation if we choose to do so

Because you don’t agree doesn’t mean Jack shit to me, you asked what players other teams have brought in and would walk into our first 11, I have gave you a few of them obviously there would be others but you wouldn’t agree.

Your having a laugh if you don’t think they would walk into our first 11

I dont think they would all walk into our first 11.

That's 7 players you've just named.
So you think we've only got 4 players good enough for the line up.

Would take over the Gogic role no problem

So that's the bench then?

That's a fair argument, but he wouldn't be in my first 11 anymore.

Just pointing out we are taking a huge risk, other teams have strengthened and got their deals done, it’s a much stronger league than last season.

He's the kind of player we lack , the kind who demands better from his team mates . We've lacked that for ages , he'd do a job for us alright

Which is your opinion but I don’t agree, not calling you negative or anything just don’t agree with your comments

What happens when JDH is injured? Gogic has been a shambles recently. We are basically 2 injuries/suspensions away from having zero quality on the bench at any time. Relying on Drey Wright is a non starter. I expected us to kick on and add some really quality at the back. John Souter, for example, would start before any of our centre backs. To me that’s not good enough. We also lack any real leaders, minus 36yo Macgregor.
Dunno?
What happens if JDH doesnt pick up an injury?

We can't just keep on bringing players in due to others having minor injuries though. We brought Scott in cos of Doidges injury but that was much needed.

This thread has been viewed 29983 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back