• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Summer 2021 Rumours

We were supposedly interested in this guy but his agent was playing silly fuckers seemingly .
Excellent stats but no youngster

Injured players take longer to get back up to pace, Doidge is out until Xmas possibly longer, Murphy and Cadden seem to have so much bad luck with injuries which is a risk to us.

Your right Bradley should be knocking on the door, although he and a list of others are evidently not good enough or experienced enough for Ross & Co, add Gullan, possibly Allan to that list, Drey Wright it’s never going to work for him here, he tries but is out of depth at times, Gogic, McGinn have reversed in their development and they are both a liability. Then we are stuck with Hallberg and Mackie or both would be on the list of not good enough.

So some weaknesses have been addressed but evidently more haven’t which is a concern for me and that’s the reason why I don’t feel we have the squad in depth to fully challenge, and I am talking about better quality coming in and replacing the injured players, ones not performing and ones who simply aren’t good enough

Doidge hasn't been included in those numbers because he's half a season away.
Cadden will come back and make his way into the team.
Murphy I'm not convinced he's seriously hurt himself, more a precaution taking himself out of the game there.

Gogic and McGinn are out of form, form doesn't last forever so I expect some improvement there (Ken McGinn has most assists for us this season?)
Hallberg is a good backup, he's never shown to be not good enough, you're quoted as preferring him to Newell.

What weaknesses haven't been addressed?
Allowing crosses isn't a single player issue, it's a tactical issue imo.
Allowing runners from midfield is a squad issue, not 1 players problem.

The only real weakness for me, is a 6ft6 gk who doesn't claim crosses in his six yard box, I hope this changes otherwise we're in trouble. Defending a ball that deep into the goals with a stationary gk is a nightmare.

I'm not worried
Not yet anyway.

And if we are still weak in areas, they will be addressed in January.

We were supposedly interested in this guy but his agent was playing silly fuckers seemingly .

He had an outrageously good season for Hereenven a fair few years ago, I would've been pretty gobsmacked if he turned up at Easter Road.

Last edited:

Remember watching him for Wolfsburg. Bloody handful of a player.

If this happened then I would support the expanding of the recruitment team 😂😂😂

Doidge hasn't been included in those numbers because he's half a season away.
Cadden will come back and make his way into the team.
Murphy I'm not convinced he's seriously hurt himself, more a precaution taking himself out of the game there.

Gogic and McGinn are out of form, form doesn't last forever so I expect some improvement there (Ken McGinn has most assists for us this season?)
Hallberg is a good backup, he's never shown to be not good enough, you're quoted as preferring him to Newell.

What weaknesses haven't been addressed?
Allowing crosses isn't a single player issue, it's a tactical issue imo.
Allowing runners from midfield is a squad issue, not 1 players problem.

The only real weakness for me, is a 6ft6 gk who doesn't claim crosses in his six yard box, I hope this changes otherwise we're in trouble. Defending a ball that deep into the goals with a stationary gk is a nightmare.

I'm not worried
Not yet anyway.

And if we are still weak in areas, they will be addressed in January.
I know we've signed John,Paul and Stephen McGinn.When did we sign Ken McGinn?

So Kerr’s deal to Wigan hasn’t been confirmed yet and McGrath isn’t at Sunderland either, come on Mathie get your fucking finger out and bring Wee Jase back also, all players with SPL experience and the right ages too 🙏🤞🏻🙏

So Kerr’s deal to Wigan hasn’t been confirmed yet and McGrath isn’t at Sunderland either, come on Mathie get your fucking finger out and bring Wee Jase back also, all players with SPL experience and the right ages too 🙏🤞🏻🙏

Cost about a million quid tho?

Put arses on seats and would get the money back from that, plus other revenue from cup runs and 3rd place 😉, could also offer players plus cash deals we have plenty of them to choose from.

11,000 season ticket holders.

I wonder what Stokes is daein?

He had a period where he played for Hollsnd almost as a shoe-in. Wd b very surprised if Hibs cd somehow nab him.

Would bring in more ST sales too

He had a period where he played for Hollsnd almost as a shoe-in. Wd b very surprised if Hibs cd somehow nab him.
quite possibly a loady pish who knows ?

Put arses on seats and would get the money back from that, plus other revenue from cup runs and 3rd place 😉, could also offer players plus cash deals we have plenty of them to choose from.

Players would have to agree to move too.

Not saying any of those players won't work or do the trick, but thats a very big outlay for any club.

You know as well as I do that money doesn't just go into a transfer fund pot.
Wages and the likes to keep paying.

I'd take one two or all 3 of them.
I think we have the money to do so too, but as above.
Big outlay. Not even against it.

What I wanted was a CB that is better than Hanlon and Porteous.
What do you think Porteous is worth? Think about that then think how we could afford better

Not saying any of those players won't work or do the trick, but thats a very big outlay for any club.

Point being that if we don't seriously compete in this league this season and really make a fist of competing for third then it puts into doubt the Ronald Gordon vision. Season ticket holders are entitled to expect that this season we compete.

But the extra revenue would be from more ST sales and arses on seats with those three coming into the club. I really don’t see it being a big outlay either if we would be offering players too, We are already paying wages for players that aren’t contributing anything back. Ron Gordon’s ambitions about us being the third force in Scottish football seems to be all talk.

But the extra revenue would be from more ST sales and arses on seats with those three coming into the club. I really don’t see it being a big outlay either if we would be offering players too, We are already paying wages for players that aren’t contributing anything back.

That's speculation.
I don't think we'd shift many more season tickets and it's not just a case of telling a player that they're going elsewhere now. They need to agree. Those clubs would rather have money than a reject too.

I think we'll compete for third and cups as we stand, like I said, I'd be up for us signing any combination of those players, just pointing out the costs involved would be significant.

Point being that if we don't seriously compete in this league this season and really make a fist of competing for third then it puts into doubt the Ronald Gordon vision. Season ticket holders are entitled to expect that this season we compete.

I'm a season tickey holder and I expect us to compete too btw.
Difference being I'm not writing off the whole season already.

That's speculation.
I don't think we'd shift many more season tickets and it's not just a case of telling a player that they're going elsewhere now. They need to agree. Those clubs would rather have money than a reject too.

I think we'll compete for third and cups as we stand, like I said, I'd be up for us signing any combination of those players, just pointing out the costs involved would be significant.

Your comments about the players we would offer is speculating also, the other team’s manager might really rate the player. The fans need a lift, they want to see improvements on the pitch and that stems on from last season and the brutal cup final.

We will just have to disagree on the increased ST sales and more arses on the seats as each of these players would improve us and would give the fans a lift. We have taken three players away that could easily be their best players in their positions.

If we remain finished for tonight I think more fans will be disappointed by yet another poor performance from our recruitment team and certainly won’t be challenging for third under our current squad.

Are we done for the night or does anyone have info about a couple more?

I'm certain we have budgeted for selling one of our big three assets and that has not happened. Now we are scrambling around trying to recruit from the "Plan B" list.

certainly won’t be challenging for third under our current squad.

I disagree.
Seasons over before it's even began with you, why bother going.

We'll leave it at that.
The negativity is pish. Man for man I think we're better than most. I'm not terrified of Aberdeen or Hearts, even Hunco or Celtic for that matter.

We'll revisit this at the end of the season.

I disagree.

We'll leave it at that.
The negativity is pish. Man for man I think we're better than most. I'm not terrified of Aberdeen or Hearts, even Hunco or Celtic for that matter.

Cut out the negativity pish eh, so because you don’t you agree it’s negative!!

On twitter (I know) that we’re supposedly after Mike Oxlong from Kiddeminster. The neighbours noted to be interested too. No idea if any truth in it. He’s a defender.

Cut out the negativity pish eh, so because you don’t you agree it’s negative!!

So saying we'll never compete for third is positive?
It's negative.

No problem with you thinking we should have done more business. I agree, we could and probably should've done better.
But to just be like, nah, never competing, we're shite.
Is just pish.

On twitter (I know) that we’re supposedly after Mike Oxlong from Kiddeminster. The neighbours noted to be interested too. No idea if any truth in it. He’s a defender.
Ignore that. I’ve fell for a piss take haha. Totally didn’t get it at first glance. Desperate for a signing eh 😂

So saying we'll never compete for third is positive?
It's negative.

No problem with you thinking we should have done more business. I agree, we could and probably should've done better.
But to just be like, nah, never competing, we're shite.
Is just pish.

I said with the current squad we won’t, the irony in your post as you agreed about the three players I mentioned.

I said with the current squad we won’t, the irony in your post as you agreed about the three players I mentioned.

Agreeing about those players being good enough to come here and thinking our current squad isn't good enough are 2 completely different conversations.

Like I said, we'll revisit this later.
One of us can rub it in the others face.

We'll challenge for third. Certain.

Agreeing about those players being good enough to come here and thinking our current squad isn't good enough are 2 completely different conversations.

Like I said, we'll revisit this later.
One of us can rub it in the others face.

We'll challenge for third. Certain.

You are missing the point completely

What do you think Porteous is worth? Think about that then think how we could afford better

I have no Idea what Porteous is worth but I know there's better out there.

You are missing the point completely

Spell it out then?
What am I missing?

You think we're not good enough for third.

That's your point isn't it?

I'm certain we have budgeted for selling one of our big three assets and that has not happened. Now we are scrambling around trying to recruit from the "Plan B" list.

I think we had plans if we sold but we also had a plan B but it's not to everyone's liking. We're no splashing cash so it looks like old Hibs, even i said they were penny pinching but in reality we don't need that much.

I'm happy with our squad. In fact I'm struggling to recall any season when I was happier with a squad. The injury situation is a tad unfortunate so I wouldn't be averse to another forward coming in to cover for Doidge.

Can't recall ever seeing such a draining summer transfer thread either right enough, thought these were supposed to be fun as folk anticipate what might happen. This one just seems to be full of posts that refuse to accept the economic realities of supporting Hibs.

I disagree.

We'll leave it at that.

We are top of the league with that said shite squad :gigglle:

Ignore that. I’ve fell for a piss take haha. Totally didn’t get it at first glance. Desperate for a signing eh 😂
As bad as the swedish striker mentioned , Skorda Gudjen

Spell it out then?
What am I missing?

You think we're not good enough for third.

That's your point isn't it?

We are risking not getting anymore injuries and if we do we are looking at players that Ross & Co don’t rate and aren’t real competition for the injured players.

So no I don’t think we have the squad in depth to be competing for third. We finished 3rd with the majority of the same players as last season, but the league is stronger, better players have been added to their teams.

As bad as the swedish striker mentioned , Skorda Gudjen
Aye, I seen that after 😂 Am a fud!

We are top of the league with that said shite squad :gigglle:

Second highest scorers in the league.
Celtic only ahead because of two 6-0 fistings handed out.
2nd most shots per game, top 4 on virtually every other stat.

Shite though.

Bonus points for admitting you got done by that, should have just left it and pretended you knew all along, might have caught someone else 😂

This thread has been viewed 30133 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50