• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Summer 2021 Rumours

Horrible rumours of Callum Hendry... 👀

If true he'll play as much as Gullan has imo.

Jamie Gullan away to Killie on a perm deal apparantly, another striker short.

Killing have just signed Oli Shaw, no sure they’ll go for Gullan as well.

Are killie just building a team of ex hibs academy players

Are killie just building a team of ex hibs academy players

Show us what we're missing out on by no giving them a chance 😁

Only Signing Hendry and a young loan defender would signal failure by our sporting director and recruitment department IMO.

Only Signing Hendry and a young loan defender would signal failure by our sporting director and recruitment department IMO.

And Mackay, JDH, Mitchell, Scott.
Getting Boyle and Nisbet tied down.
Rejecting half arsed approaches for Doig (hunco rumours slightly concerning) but Tommassen coming in possibly to replace.

Young loan defender.. Wood. Looks like a good player imo.

There's a bigger picture than what just happens today.

I was on a Google Hangout with a colleague in the North East who is a Boro fan earlier today. He thinks Wood is good prospect and assumed he would be in their first team this season.

Rejecting half arsed approaches for Doig (hunco rumours slightly concerning) but Tommassen coming in possibly to replace.

I don’t think that would be good enough to finish 3rd, or justify my (and many others) £465 a year and £20 a month direct debit donation tbh. We’ve rejected half arsed approaches in order to accept proper bids when they come which is fair enough, but those players will leave in the near future
Having 1 right back and 2 forwards, one of which is essentially a youth player on loan, and a 36 yo centre half regularly relied upon, isn’t really good enough for the next 4 months after a summer to apparently sort out our problems.
Let’s not forget the cup final, the weaknesses were there and mostly remain.

I don’t think that would be good enough to finish 3rd, or justify my (and many others) £465 a year and £20 a month direct debit donation tbh. We’ve rejected half arsed approaches in order to accept proper bids when they come which is fair enough, but those players will leave in the near future
Having 1 right back and 2 forwards, one of which is essentially a youth player on loan, and a 36 yo centre half regularly relied upon, isn’t really good enough for the next 4 months after a summer to apparently sort out our problems.
Let’s not forget the cup final, the weaknesses were there and mostly remain.

If we're not forgetting the final, then we shouldn't forget those same players are why we finished third.

We have another right back, he's just returning from injury.
That 36yr old centre half will go further down the pecking order once Wood arrives.
James Scott is 21, he's not a youth player, he just needs game time before he's worth a judge.

I'm not about to be flapping just yet, we've got a good team.

Recruitment this summer has been disappointing. Thus far we've only signed one new player that any Hibby would select to start a game. That's disappointing.

Recruitment this summer has been disappointing. Thus far we've only signed one new player that any Hibby would select to start a game. That's disappointing.

That might be true, but when he walked in the door, no Hibby would've selected him from.l the get go.
Some of them were even outraged he signed in the first place.

Gotta go earn your place first.
Same goes for the rest who still have a chance to do so.

Reactions: Zab
Anyone else constantly checking to see if we’ve decided to announce anything yet 🤣

Callum Hendry is shite..hope there is no truth in that rumour. That would be a shocker. Would prefer to still have Gullan than him tbh

Hendry would be a disaster if this is true.

So today we have been linked with;

Zak Rudden

Tom Eaves

Callum Hendry

Anyone else?

Zak Rudden

Tom Eaves

Callum Hendry

Anyone else?
Ronaldo

Zak Rudden

Tom Eaves

Callum Hendry

Anyone else?

Bring Zak to Easter Road!!
Quality lad. His mum would be delighted.
Shes only been trying since he was 14 or something.

Thought Dundee beat us to him

Screenshot_20210831-163400_Twitter.jpg

Need more than one marquee signing, surely

Anyone else constantly checking to see if we’ve decided to announce anything yet 🤣

Yup. Despite knowing full well we'll be signing free agents about a week from now.

Zak Rudden

Tom Eaves

Callum Hendry

Anyone else?

Where we been linked with Zak anyway?

Where we been linked with Zak anyway?

Someone mentioned him earlier, not sure if it is true or not tbh.

We should be unveiling the likes of McGrath, Kerr & Cummings on top of all the others mentioned, these types of signings would show real intent and for us to challenge.

We should be unveiling the likes of McGrath, Kerr & Cummings on top of all the others mentioned, these types of signings would show real intent and for us to challenge.

We still will challenge. Pretty confident.

I don’t think we have the squad in depth to seriously challenge

Aye same. Still was hoping for a decent CB in. No fussed about another striker tbh. We've got plenty attacking options now.

Have any of the signings so far really required a ‘recruitment team’?

Definatly, seems to have been a right challenge getting players in so we are rushing things on the final day, most teams outside Celtic and Sevco will always struggle to challenge through out the course of a season though, but we should at the very least have a squad challenging for that third spot, centre half will likely be a real issue if we get injuries.

Definatly, seems to have been a right challenge getting players in so we are rushing things on the final day, most teams outside Celtic and Sevco will always struggle to challenge through out the course of a season though, but we should at the very least have a squad challenging for that third spot, centre half will likely be a real issue if we get injuries.

Injuries haven’t helped which I get, but we have positions where we have really been weak in, Gogic, we don’t have any real replacement , McGinn has been very poor from our European games into the start of the season except from the Livi game, I know we have Cadden but he is another one on the treatment table more than on the pitch, Murphy now injured and we have a list of players that Ross obviously doesn’t rate or not experienced enough, we are already a striker short with Doidge being out up until Xmas. We haven’t resolved our biggest weakness where wing backs allowing crosses into the box, I was expecting real quality signings today, us finally showing real intent and continuing to challenge for the third spot, so far today except the lad from Boro has been really disappointing so far, and yet we are seemingly only looking to bring one more in, still way short when you think of the injuries, players not good enough or not experienced enough as our back up, injured players take longer to get back up to full pace, replacements should have been done for them sooner.

If we're fit, we're not far away.
Still time for others to come in the door.

3 gks
2 rbs cadden can play all sorts of positions.
3 lbs
4 cbs 1 of which can play rb
6 in the middle
4 wide men
2 up top one of which can play wide... a little light in fairness. Still time fir 1 more.

24 players for 11 spots.
Some of which are among either the best in their position in the league, or highly touted prospects in the league.

Plus players like Bradley who should be knocking on the door.
All of these players are here because they're good enough to be here and SPL quality players. (Drey Wright has something to prove though) so that'sa relatively deep squad.
Injuries have taken their toll on us for the European games, but league games we've come through it as the second highest scoring team.

We could've done better, of course.
But we've got a team capable of competing in this league. I'll stand by that come the end of the season.

I want another striker, that's the last necessity to balance it out.

Can argue about Cadden and Murphy being injured all the time, but Cadden has only really had that one injury, which came out of nowhere. And his current injury is because Jack over done it on his playing time too quickly. Said so himself. I dont think Cadden is injury prone, a broken back isn't something that falls under that category.

Murphy is a concern, but thats up to the other players to step in and earn their stripes.

We're not some weak middle of the table squad, we're a top end squad that's added a handful of players.

We've just added a centre half.

We've just added a centre half.
Yup seen that and pretty well rated so happy with that, striker next hopefully.

Yup seen that and pretty well rated so happy with that, striker next hopefully.

Some big clubs have watched him and apparently rated around £9mil
Not bad at all imo.

I think he'll challenge for a spot and maybe even play right back, apparently frighteningly quick. Looks big and strong.

Some big clubs have watched him and apparently rated around £9mil
Not bad at all imo.

I think he'll challenge for a spot and maybe even play right back, apparently frighteningly quick. Looks big and strong.

I'm glad he can play in a number of positions.

Mitchell? 👀 am i tripping, who’s he?

If we're fit, we're not far away.
Still time for others to come in the door.

3 gks
2 rbs cadden can play all sorts of positions.
3 lbs
4 cbs 1 of which can play rb
6 in the middle
4 wide men
2 up top one of which can play wide... a little light in fairness. Still time fir 1 more.

24 players for 11 spots.
Some of which are among either the best in their position in the league, or highly touted prospects in the league.

Plus players like Bradley who should be knocking on the door.
All of these players are here because they're good enough to be here and SPL quality players. (Drey Wright has something to prove though) so that'sa relatively deep squad.
Injuries have taken their toll on us for the European games, but league games we've come through it as the second highest scoring team.

We could've done better, of course.
But we've got a team capable of competing in this league. I'll stand by that come the end of the season.

I want another striker, that's the last necessity to balance it out.

Can argue about Cadden and Murphy being injured all the time, but Cadden has only really had that one injury, which came out of nowhere. And his current injury is because Jack over done it on his playing time too quickly. Said so himself. I dont think Cadden is injury prone, a broken back isn't something that falls under that category.

Murphy is a concern, but thats up to the other players to step in and earn their stripes.

We're not some weak middle of the table squad, we're a top end squad that's added a handful of players.

Injured players take longer to get back up to pace, Doidge is out until Xmas possibly longer, Murphy and Cadden seem to have so much bad luck with injuries which is a risk to us, Hanlon’s injury hasn’t helped either when we are left with Daz at 36 years old to replace him with.

Your right Bradley should be knocking on the door, although he and a list of others are evidently not good enough or experienced enough for Ross & Co, add Gullan, possibly Allan to that list, Drey Wright it’s never going to work for him here, he tries but is out of depth at times, Gogic, McGinn have reversed in their development and they are both a liability. Then we are stuck with Hallberg and Mackie or both would be on the list of not good enough.

So some weaknesses have been addressed but evidently more haven’t which is a concern for me and that’s the reason why I don’t feel we have the squad in depth to fully challenge, and I am talking about better quality coming in and replacing the injured players, ones not performing and ones who simply aren’t good enough

Isn't he the random goalkeeper?

A goalie from Clyde

This thread has been viewed 29985 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back