• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Summer 2021 Rumours

I'd be testing Dundee for Jason, I think there's still goals in him. A capable back up option who could find form with the amount of balls being put into the box for us.
Great in the box.

Still with Doidge out I'd look for another who's capable of being a starter.
Maybe worth asking Celtic if Leigh is available to loan.

Ex players... I know, but what else is out there?
Coming to the end of the window, we know how this works, basement time is approaching.

Is this not a “rumours of a signing page” 🙈 sick checking and its all just, well nothing🤷‍♂️

Is this not a “rumours of a signing page” 🙈 sick checking and its all just, well nothing🤷‍♂️

Much like our current business 😫
Only rumours are Doig leaving.

I'm normally totally against bringing former players back, but we are in an emergency situation if Doidge is going to be out for many months. Basically we need someone in who can do the same target man job as he does, and who is as good in the air. We also need a back up striker anyway, and that's assuming Nisbet doesn't get sold.

In the circumstances I now wouldn't be against getting Jason Cummings back.
We do also need a type who is similar in style to Doidge though, even on loan.

I'd be testing Dundee for Jason, I think there's still goals in him. A capable back up option who could find form with the amount of balls being put into the box for us.
Great in the box.

Still with Doidge out I'd look for another who's capable of being a starter.
Maybe worth asking Celtic if Leigh is available to loan.

Ex players... I know, but what else is out there?
Coming to the end of the window, we know how this works, basement time is approaching.

Cummings is a great shout, a right fox in the box striker and I think with the service he would get he would score loads, a great person to have around the dressing room also. Loves a goal or two against the Gunts.

I'm normally totally against bringing former players back, but we are in an emergency situation if Doidge is going to be out for many months. Basically we need someone in who can do the same target man job as he does, and who is as good in the air. We also need a back up striker anyway, and that's assuming Nisbet doesn't get sold.

In the circumstances I now wouldn't be against getting Jason Cummings back.
We do also need a type who is similar in style to Doidge though, even on loan.

See Cosgrove already out on loan from Birmingham, he would have been a good Doidge replacement.

See Cosgrove already out on loan from Birmingham, he would have been a good Doidge replacement.
yep, he would have been.
We definitely need that sort of powerful front man in to lead the line and offer a real physical presence.

What’s Stokesy up to these days 😂

What’s Stokesy up to these days 😂
Drinking heavily ?

I'd still try and move for Griffiths.

What about Riordan and O’Connor can get the band back together

Reactions: Zab
What’s our thoughts on outgoings?

with the injury to Doidge I would be really surprised to see Nisbet move on. I think it’s safe to assume that whatever interest there was in Doig hasnt amounted to anything which is why he is back playing consistentl. I also don’t see Ryan leaving anytome soon.

with the injury to Doidge I would be really surprised to see Nisbet move on. I think it’s safe to assume that whatever interest there was in Doig hasnt amounted to anything which is why he is back playing consistentl. I also don’t see Ryan leaving anytome soon.
That about sums it up I reckon.

Selling Nisbet now would be criminal.

Another scenario I've thought of is Ross could walk away. If he isn't backed within the next couple of weeks I wouldn't blame him.

Another scenario I've thought of is Ross could walk away. If he isn't backed within the next couple of weeks I wouldn't blame him.
No chance Ross will walk.

I hope Nisbet stays but will he want to?

Hes just signed a new contract, he'd be walking away from a load of money, that won't happen.

I don't think Nisbet will leave, I don't think there's much attention being paid to any of our players tbh, apart from whatever happened with Doig, there's been no noise at all.

Bound tae be a striker tae be had from the English lower leagues. I look for Forest Greens results since we signed Doidgy and I’m no saying he’d be what we want but they have a boy Mattie Stevens who’s scored 3 in their first 2 games of the season. Just saying.

No chance Ross will walk.

I hope Nisbet stays but will he want to?

Most likely no but wouldn't hold it against him if he did.

Nisbet is playing like a guy willing to stay imo.

Hes just signed a new contract, he'd be walking away from a load of money, that won't happen.

I don't think Nisbet will leave, I don't think there's much attention being paid to any of our players tbh, apart from whatever happened with Doig, there's been no noise at all.

Aye fair point. That's a load of cash to give up.

There is still over two weeks of the transfer window left....anything can happen.
To be honest it's usually in the last week that we get the most activity for various reasons.
I still think we have some surprises to come and one or two might not be to our liking.
One thing is for sure, we now require urgently two strikers at the club and at least one central defender.
Ross has went public on this on more than one occasion and he did not sound too pleased with things last Thursday.

For those who think he will not walk, I don't think he will either. That would be a daft move.
What I would say however is that Jack Ross is an ambitious man, and he won't want his CV or his current standing tarnished by what he might perceive to be incompetence above him at the club. His agent can put feelers out and if he is fed up and frustrated at the lack of progress, well let's just say that there are clubs in England who in time will no doubt be looking for a manager, and one who has made the progress Jack Ross has made at Hibs in the last two years will be an attractive option.

There is still over two weeks of the transfer window left....anything can happen.
To be honest it's usually in the last week that we get the most activity for various reasons.
I still think we have some surprises to come and one or two might not be to our liking.
One thing is for sure, we now require urgently two strikers at the club and at least one central defender.
Ross has went public on this on more than one occasion and he did not sound too pleased with things last Thursday.

For those who think he will not walk, I don't think he will either. That would be a daft move.
What I would say however is that Jack Ross is an ambitious man, and he won't want his CV or his current standing tarnished by what he might perceive to be incompetence above him at the club. His agent can put feelers out and if he is fed up and frustrated at the lack of progress, well let's just say that there are clubs in England who in time will no doubt be looking for a manager, and one who has made the progress Jack Ross has made at Hibs in the last two years will be an attractive option.

I hate that we leave it till the last weeks. Always feel you pick up the last of the duds.

Imagine we brought in Lafferty till Christmas :43:

I hate that we leave it till the last weeks. Always feel you pick up the last of the duds.

A c*nt like that should be nowhere near our shirt 🤮

Last edited:

I hate the prick but if he scores goals I'd take Peter Sutcliffe.

I cannot see me ever supporting an orange bastard like Lafferty ever

Aye thats definitely possible, even if he isn't putting the feelers out, another strong season, or start to mid season and someone gets sacked, he'll be an option that gets looked at by some.

In regards to our outgoings, I think we've shown ourselves to be stubborn to deal with, and unless someone comes back for Doig, I dont think we'll see Porto or Nisbet leave, without a serious out of the blue offer coming in.

I think we'll be okay, reckon we'll add what you've mentioned, it's the minimum requirement for now.

Balls in hibs court with all the players mentioned. Thankfully they’re all tied down to long term deals so unless our valuation is met I can see them going which is a refreshing way for hibs to now be dealing with transfers.

I also think if we are going for other Scottish prem players we may use some of our players that aren’t really playing as part of the deals to get them done.

He's got a dead leg.....or two.....

I cannot see me ever supporting an orange bastard like Lafferty ever
Many on here would never have had Scott Allan back. We are all fickle...

The player that came to mind when i read about Christians injury was Steven Fletcher, but i see he played for Stoke on Saturday so financially probably way beyond our means. Shame.

I hadn't realised he had left Sheffield Wednesday and when i looked at their line-up on Saturday was surprised to see Kamberi came on as a sub for them!!

I’m with @JFP1302 on this.
Not just on the ‘orange’ bit, but because he seems to be an absolute scumbag of a human being.
The only tolerable feature of this arsehole is his tattoo.

I was one, but it was less to do with him leaving.. since he screwed Hunco by taking the Celtic deal, screwing Hunco gains you a few rep points in my book.

But I was ranting my face off over the deal that brought him back (Celtic flexing their power over us and Dundee) and he was sat on the bench at Dundee at the time. So I had low hopes on his return.
He changed that opinion his first game though, came flying out the blocks.

Pretty much all our business this window has come out of no where, JDH the best example so not hopeful of any rumours which is shite makes it more interesting hear all the random rumours like mccart had agreed terms with us for example 🤣

Great in the box.
Dundee have recently signed ex Celtic, St Johnstone , Motherwell, Ireland and 13 other foreign teams, 6ft 5in forward Cillian Sheridan, on a 2 year deal. A journeyman and still only 32. I think he was rumoured to be signing for Hibs at one point in the past.

BIG G

20210817_072203.jpg

I liked McLaren.
Wouldn't mind him back as a third striker.

I liked McLaren.
Wouldn't mind him back as a third striker.

He seemed completely uninterested the second time around and couldn't wait to get away though?
Although that may have been poor management I guess? Not sure, but he didn't seem the same player as the season before.

We'll end up with Greg Stewart eh? 😒

He seemed completely uninterested the second time around and couldn't wait to get away though?
Although that may have been poor management I guess? Not sure, but he didn't seem the same player as the season before.
I’m sure he was struggling with an injury picked up in pre season/before he rejoined. Then there was the Lennon factor and only playing 1 up front.
If he’s been identified because of current form & availability then I’m for it. If he’s been identified because he had a good 5 months 3 or 4 years ago then it’s a different story

Reactions: Zab
We'll end up with Greg Stewart eh? 😒
That's my worry too.

Agree that another move for MacLaren seems like a long shot. But a quick search of his stats shows he’s scored 52 goals in his last 54 league games for Melbourne City…

This thread has been viewed 30132 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50