• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Summer 2021 Rumours

Where are you reading that? The only source I've seen that's used the word "botched" is the s*n and having read the article (and feeling quite dirty as a result) it doesn't say there was a paperwork error, just that it wasn't in time.

I assume you have a different source though as I can't imagine any Hibs supporter would be so desperate to put the boot into the club that they'd use the s*n as a source without even reading the article properly.
When our sporting director submits paperwork I expect him to know exactly what needs to be submitted under the SFA rules, given it’s a main part of his job. So unless he was doing it to waste everyone’s time, then an error was made. Multiple sources are saying Hibs submitted paper work, but ran out of time or there was an anxious waitto see if the correct stuff had been lodged. He should know exactly what needs lodged.

When our sporting director submits paperwork I expect him to know exactly what needs to be submitted under the SFA rules, given it’s a main part of his job. So unless he was doing it to waste everyone’s time, then an error was made. Multiple sources are saying Hibs submitted paper work, but ran out of time or there was an anxious waitto see if the correct stuff had been lodged. He should know exactly what needs lodged.
This has the feel of an 11th hour attempt at chancing our arm more than standard practice. Probably because Muller isn't coming.

If we had intentions of going for McGrath since the start we'd have done it sooner I think.

This has the feel of an 11th hour attempt at chancing our arm more than standard practice. Probably because Muller isn't coming.

If we had intentions of going for McGrath since the start we'd have done it sooner I think.
He was off down South but when that fell through we scrambled together a bid

It was an 11th hour attempt but we weren't chancing our arm. McGrath was going to Middlesbrough but that feel through at the last minute. Sensing the opportuntity Hibs tried to be fleet of foot and take advantage and managed to pull together a deal that suited all parties. Unfortunately, with the complexity inolved, Hibs were not quite fleet of foot enough to get everything done. C'est la vie.

Did we miss out on McGrath as reports are saying they think we done enough to include the deal? Did we also sign the boy Tait from Raith as I couldn’t find anything in regards to that also.
Tait deal didnt go through on time, Hibs where too late

Tait deal didnt go through on time, Hibs where too late
Sure I read somewhere he,'d been loaned back tae Raith. Might've imagined it right enough

Sure I read somewhere he,'d been loaned back tae Raith. Might've imagined it right enough

Sure that was the plan at least.

Still no transfer window round report which is strange.
Also seen st Johnstone announced another deal a couple hours ago so there is hope yet 😅

McGrath just set up the Ireland goal vs France

Got to wonder why McGrath’s move to Sunderland fell through. Surely the fee and wages wouldn’t have been an issue.

Got to wonder why McGrath’s move to Sunderland fell through. Surely the fee and wages wouldn’t have been an issue.

I am sure I read Boro signed someone else.

Reactions: Zab
I am sure I read Boro signed someone else.

Ah I didn’t know that, makes sense why they pulled out of the deal late in the day then.

Ah I didn’t know that, makes sense why they pulled out of the deal late in the day then.

This is the confusing part as seemingly Boro pulled out early enough for the deal to have been put through. Ross will be fuming that the deal collapsed through paperwork not being completed correctly.

This is the confusing part as seemingly Boro pulled out early enough for the deal to have been put through. Ross will be fuming that the deal collapsed through paperwork not being completed correctly.

Where did you read the paperwork not being completed correctly thing? I saw this in the Scotsman: “The capital side attempted to sweeten the cash deal by including Allan and Wright in the late-night transaction but with McGrath abroad on Ireland duty and two further players involved, the hurdles proved too many to overcome as the clock ticked down.”

That makes sense to me, far too many moving parts to make happen in the space of a couple of hours. Hibs should have moved for McGrath quicker IMO, regardless of other interest.

Where did you read the paperwork not being completed correctly thing? I saw this in the Scotsman: “The capital side attempted to sweeten the cash deal by including Allan and Wright in the late-night transaction but with McGrath abroad on Ireland duty and two further players involved, the hurdles proved too many to overcome as the clock ticked down.”

That makes sense to me, far too many moving parts to make happen in the space of a couple of hours. Hibs should have moved for McGrath quicker IMO, regardless of other interest.

I think it was just too late in the day to get a deal involving 3 players and money together in time.
Straight cash would've made things far easier.

You're talking 2 contracts to be offered and accepted on St Mirrens side, 1 contract and offer on our side, with a player who was due to play international football today, at nearly midnight!?
Plus a fee and any payoffs for Allan and Wright on wages they'd no doubt lose moving to St Mirren.

Think the paperwork is an internet story to throw something else at recruitment.

The paperwork was late sorry see here;

Wonder why we didn’t move quicker especially as the deal collapsed with Boro earlier on, although I understand McGrath was away with the National team, but seemingly all players and their agents agreed the move only for the paperwork not to arrive in time. I hope we haven’t missed our chance of getting him now.

I am hoping that we can persuade some of our targets on pre contracts in January, I see the Gunts are trying to bring in winger Barrie McKay who is a free agent, wonder if there is any decent strikers that are free.

The paperwork was late sorry see here;

Wonder why we didn’t move quicker especially as the deal collapsed with Boro earlier on, although I understand McGrath was away with the National team, but seemingly all players and their agents agreed the move only for the paperwork not to arrive in time. I hope we haven’t missed our chance of getting him now.

Aye I agree I think we should have moved earlier regardless of interest from elsewhere. I think we’ll have missed the boat, if he has a good few months there will be more interest in him in January.

I think it was just too late in the day to get a deal involving 3 players and money together in time.
Straight cash would've made things far easier.

You're talking 2 contracts to be offered and accepted on St Mirrens side, 1 contract and offer on our side, with a player who was due to play international football today, at nearly midnight!?
Plus a fee and any payoffs for Allan and Wright on wages they'd no doubt lose moving to St Mirren.

Think the paperwork is an internet story to throw something else at recruitment.

Aye, far too many moving parts that close to the deadline.

This thread has been viewed 30130 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50