Stokes on loan

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Does seem to be some chatter tonight that it's nearly there?

Well NL was saying get on with it!

I assume even if he said yes tomorrow it would be later in the week before there was a scarf above his head.

- - - Updated - - -

The report on the telly also said there was interest from overseas but interestingly not the UK. If he choses Turkey, China or wherever his hero halo will slip and probably choke him!

C4MMY

Well-Known Radge
Hopefully this will all end tomorrow and he will be announced along with slivka and have all 3 new signings in the squad for a run out on Saturday

The Family

Capital Radge
I was told by a friend of his Stokesy was signing, although this was before other clubs were interested.

Seems his head has been turned by their offers, I would think NL and Co will want this sorted sooner rather than later.

Chris G Whyte

Well-Known Radge
Good post, [MENTION=5408]beefy[/MENTION] - here are some basic numbers to go with what you're saying:

These are the goals scored for the last three seasons in the SPL, compared to our three seasons in the Championship. Our league position is in parentheses, and the percentage is the number of goals we'd be scoring if we had one person chipping in with 20 goals (these numbers aren't much different for other clubs in similar positions in the table).

11-12: 40 (11th) 50%
12-13: 49 (7th) 41%
13-14: 31 (11th) 65%

14-15: 70 (2nd) 29%
15-16: 59 (3rd) 34%
16-17: 59 (1st) 34%

Basically, in order to have a 20-goal striker in the Premiership, he needs to be providing half of your goals; the average of our three SPL seasons prior to relegation is 40 goals.

[We scored an average of 63 goals per season in the Championship, a 37% increase, and that would see a 20-goal man netting 32% - it's quite a drop.]

The top and bottom of this is, quite simply, that 20-goal strikers are extremely few and far between in the top league. Shaving 37% from Cummings' tally last year (19 in the league) to account for the Premiership, would mean he's scoring almost 12 goals a season in the league, which is an excellent return for most clubs and arguably closer to what we should be looking for. In a working system, if you don't believe Anthony Stokes can score 12 league goals a season, I think you need your bumps felt.

We don't need a 20-goal striker. We need goals from other parts of the team.

Steve20

Donator
Beginning to really look like we're the backup option, if there isn't a better offer elsewhere. As big a hero he is for that Scottish Cup Final performance, we start our league campaign in ten days, so maybe it's time to start looking elsewhere.

SKII

Has he not now got two families to keep in addition to paying off Elvis?

Money will be coming into this.

Green Sleeves

Well-Known Radge
I was told by a friend of his Stokesy was signing, although this was before other clubs were interested.

Seems his head has been turned by their offers, I would think NL and Co will want this sorted sooner rather than later.
Stokes aint coming. His agent and himself are no longer interested in him playing competitive football. They'll take the big pay off in some anti-football dustbowl country like China. Thanks for the cup final memories but go there and your serious football days will be over Stokesy. Enjoy the pot noodles.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Family

Capital Radge
Stokes aint coming. His agent and himself are no longer interested in him playing competitive football. They'll take the big pay off in some anti-football dustbowl country like China. Thanks for the cup final memories but go there and your serious football days will be over Stokesy. Enjoy the pot noodles.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Where are you getting that from mate? Lee Erwin ex Well striker been released by Leeds maybe worth a punt if what you say is true.

As I said his mate told me before other clubs submitted their interest but he was saying Stokes had told players at the club he was signing.

Greenmachine

Looks like time to move on

Not IMO. Stokes has been Lennon's No 1 target all summer and after reading his latest comments I am more optimistic than I was before that Stokes will be a Hibs player soon. If it doesn't happen then Lennon will quickly move to get in another proven goalscorer. As I say though I just think too much time and effort has been invested by the powers that be at Hibs for the Stokes signing not to not happen now.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Sadly i can't see it happening now. If he was going to sign he would have done so by now. Such a pity.

I hope NL has a decent contingency plan in place

Stanton Spence

Well-Known Radge

EastMeetsWest

Well-Known Radge
Possibly them stalling using this as an excuse to try and squeeze a few more ££'s out of Hibs, thats what agents do. Not sure if Stokes would work out well over in China if it is money he is chasing. Watched an interview with a player who made the move and he said it is a tough gig. If you go over and don't hit the ground running then you are canned 1st transfer window that comes, they might pay big money but they also have very high expectations. Could be wrong on this but think it's expected for players to learn Manderin amongst adhering to other cultural beliefs. With his lack of game time over the last year he aint gonna get the chance to bed in like he will at Hibs.

Looks like Hibs have done all to make it happen and if it doesn't be interesting to see where the money will go instead sure we could get a right good player for the same money.