Stokes on loan

aggie

Justified Radge
Nobody makes marquee signings in the
January window. It very rarely happens. We need to do our business this window, Stokes or no Stokes.

As for the Murrays being a long term first choice option...absolutely not convinced.

Fraser has potential and has done well against lower league opposition but the top flight is harder every week. We failed to score in the one game against premier opposition. Not a coincidence.

I think at the moment he reminds me of Stanton breaking through. Lots of talent, potential etc but that's it - for now. He could be the next big thing but I don't want us relying on the Murrays as first choice all season. We need some "stardust" as Lennon rightly is looking for.

Simon Murray with an experienced pro beside him is where we should be heading...

Agreed, especially the bit in bold - that's occurred to me too.

The Family

Capital Radge
NL just needs to move on now, Stokesy isn't Match fit and to be honest we can't afford any passengers which includes Commons.

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Stokes goals and performance helped us win the cup and for that I'll be eternally grateful and he is a club legend.

He's not match fit,he didn't do well at Blackburn or Sunderland and was dropped for a long spell at the tribute act.
Are we being guilty if letting his cup final performance out weigh his problems?
Move on to other target in my opinion.

The Family

Capital Radge
Passengers as in they are not fully fit not what they would bring to the team
I thought NL said the deadline was today, if he's not coming then let's spend the wages we have saved elsewhere.

Sauzee's Teeth

I Was There And Went Radge
It never fails to surprise me how many folk jump to conclusions without knowing anything about what it is their jumping to a conclusion about.

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
When your signing a player of Stoke's caliber your never going to get perfection. The lad has had his issues and will no doubt create more before his career ends. If he was the model professional he'd be playing in the EPL every week. Kenny Millar is a great example. Kept himself fit and out of trouble, and had a pretty successful career in England. Players like Stokes, Riordan and O'Connor had more talent than Kenny, but not the same desire and professionalism. If Stokes had all this there's not a chance in hell we'd have a chance to sign him. If we sign Stokes a lot of work will need to be done by Lenny to keep him fit and on the straight and narrow.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
When your signing a player of Stoke's caliber your never going to get perfection. The lad has had his issues and will no doubt create more before his career ends. If he was the model professional he'd be playing in the EPL every week. Kenny Millar is a great example. Kept himself fit and out of trouble, and had a pretty successful career in England. Players like Stokes, Riordan and O'Connor had more talent than Kenny, but not the same desire and professionalism. If Stokes had all this there's not a chance in hell we'd have a chance to sign him. If we sign Stokes a lot of work will need to be done by Lenny to keep him fit and on the straight and narrow.

Spot on

Stanton Spence

Well-Known Radge
Passengers as in they are not fully fit not what they would bring to the team
I thought NL said the deadline was today, if he's not coming then let's spend the wages we have saved elsewhere.

Is a or passengers no defined by players being carried by the rest of the team and contributing absolutely nout while taking a wage?
Stokes and Commons are obviously not up to speed nor fit but they ain't passengers imo
Stokes as far as I'm aware is just short of game time and fitness which is obvious due to hardly kicking a baw for a year and Commons has publicly stated that he's got back issues and that he wouldn't sign a contract if he can't do himself justice and give his all more or less