• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Stokes (and Efe)

madhibee

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Both about to sign according to the usually reliable Kenny Miller. That would be some statement of intent by Hibs.

https://www.thebigbrighthing.co.uk/sport/football/993097/blackburn-striker-anthony-stokes-closing-in-on-third-stint-at-hibs-as-celtics-efe-ambrose-nears-permanent-deal/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-ScottishSunSport-_-Sport-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-FBPAGE

Good stuff.

Looks like we mean business.

Great news! I want Commons too...

Would be some coup if we managed to get both Stokes and Ambrose on permanent deals..

My only concern with Stokes would be that he has hardly played in the last year. However it's the close season and with a good pre-season training schedule he should be up, sharp and ready to go when 2017/18 season starts. Some fans go on about how he wasn't any good in his loan stint with us apart from in the Cup Final last year, I disagree. In many of the games I attended at ER he was given the MOTM award I thought he was excellent...he was just out of the world in the SC Final, one of the best Hibs striker performances of all time in such a big game.

Both Stokes and Ambrose would be taking a big drop in wages to come to ER on permanent deals, so if we pull this off it would show that we really mean business.

Last edited:
Bristol looking at Efe now too.

Hopefully he just loves Scotland too much

About Stokes.

When he came the last time it was to score a barrel load of goals and get us out that league. Quite simply he didn't and that's why folk like me were disappointed. Aye ok he had two fairly longish injury spells and when he wasn't scoring goals he was contributing to the team. Doesn't stop me being disappointed he didn't score a barrel load of goals and we were still in that league.

I'd be delighted to see him back when my expectations will be quite different.

Would be some coup if we managed to get both Stokes and Ambrose on permanent deals..

My only concern with Stokes would be that he has hardly played in the last year. However it's the close season and with a good pre-season training schedule he should be up, sharp and ready to go when 2017/18 season starts. Some fans go on about how he wasn't any good in his loan stint with us apart from in the Cup Final last year, I disagree. In many of the games I attended at ER he was given the MOTM award I thought he was excellent...he was just out of the world in the SC Final, one of the best Hibs striker performances of all time in such a big game.

Both Stokes and Ambrose would be taking a big drop in wages to come to ER on permanent deals, so if we pull this off it would show that we really mean business.

Agree with this Greenmachine. I didn't want him to sign initially, couldn't be arsed with the possible baggage he was bringing with his private life, and talk of him borrowing money off young players previously had me disappointed he was coming back. But he screwed the nut, didn't cause any issues - as far as i know- and contributed to the team.

The bit in bold, 100%. Was the single finest performance I think I've seen from a player wearing a Hibs jersey. To do it in a cup final, a winning cup final, in the manner the day unfolded still defies any kind of story telling.

You watch obviously superior players like Messi and Ronaldo put on displays of footballing genius on the TV and marvel, what Stokes did that day I put in the same bracket. Will be delighted if he does come back.

Agree with this Greenmachine. I didn't want him to sign initially, couldn't be arsed with the possible baggage he was bringing with his private life, and talk of him borrowing money off young players previously had me disappointed he was coming back. But he screwed the nut, didn't cause any issues - as far as i know- and contributed to the team.

The bit in bold, 100%. Was the single finest performance I think I've seen from a player wearing a Hibs jersey. To do it in a cup final, a winning cup final, in the manner the day unfolded still defies any kind of story telling.

You watch obviously superior players like Messi and Ronaldo put on displays of footballing genius on the TV and marvel, what Stokes did that day I put in the same bracket. Will be delighted if he does come back.

Me too, partly for the reason SF alludes to and partly because he is a very good football player who knows where the net is.

Stokes partner works at standard life I think..

am quite hopeful this will happen, he won't have that many options

Me too, partly for the reason SF alludes to and partly because he is a very good football player who knows where the net is.

Defences will be terrified!
:approve:

Edinburgh based Elvis impersonators will be shitting themselves.
:banana:

Defences will be terrified!
:approve:

Edinburgh based Elvis impersonators will be shitting themselves.
:banana:

Am all shook up!

This thread has been viewed 889 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back