• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Stephen Robinson resigns as Motherwell manager

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
Told his board this morning he was going.

What a fall Motherwell have had since last season.

Something has went badly wrong at that club.

Robinson is a good manager IMO and will find another club soon.

Reactions: Zab
Covid impacted budget, possibly a need to cut wages on the back of no fans and he possibly needs to move players on with no prospect of replacements? Who knows

They lost 4 good players and another three of their best have been injured. Others say he had lost his way. It was only a year or ago he was being touted for both the Hibs and Hearts jobs.

We might be lucky at this point that we don’t have to make cuts to survive as Big Ron can absorb losses - but those losses have to be recouped at some point whether it is fans chucking money in a black hole or reduced budgets in future.

To me he’s a typical underdog manager, they usually run their course at clubs. Similar to Tommy Wright, John Hughes, Terry Butcher....

They become a victim of their own success, and are deemed a failure when their club dips back down after a spell of overachieving.

I’ve often thought managers succeeding at smaller clubs doesn’t mean they’ll succeed at bigger clubs, as the expeditions and demands are very different. Time will tell if Jack Ross fall into that category.

To me he’s a typical underdog manager, they usually run their course at clubs. Similar to Tommy Wright, John Hughes, Terry Butcher....

They become a victim of their own success, and are deemed a failure when their club dips back down after a spell of overachieving.

I’ve often thought managers succeeding at smaller clubs doesn’t mean they’ll succeed at bigger clubs, as the expeditions and demands are very different. Time will tell if Jack Ross fall into that category.
Jack Ross has all ready proved what he is about, St Mirren pass Sunderland failed Hibs failed, sorry no faith in his football ability, hope l am wrong but results don’t lie, can never win the big game or against the big clubs.

Jack Ross has all ready proved what he is about, St Mirren pass Sunderland failed Hibs failed, sorry no faith in his football ability, hope l am wrong but results don’t lie, can never win the big game or against the big clubs.

For me personally I’ll reserve judgement of Jack Ross’ time at Hibs until the end of this season. It’s too soon to say he’s failed in my opinion. If we end this season trophy-less and below 4th, I’ll call it a failure.

Failed at Hibs?
Interesting.
Lying fourth, 2 points off third. Cup semi final. Lost 5 games from 21.

Told his board this morning he was going.

What a fall Motherwell have had since last season.

Something has went badly wrong at that club.

Robinson is a good manager IMO and will find another club soon.
If they lose the points on the appeal by the other clubs , they will be bottom of the league.

Failed at Hibs?
Interesting.
Lying fourth, 2 points off third. Cup semi

I can see your point, but the Dons have 2 games in hand, and when was the last time we beat the Dons, Celtic or Rangers, and are you confident of this team reaching the final. His tactically ability does not give me confidence at any time, only time will tell.

I can see your point, but the Dons have 2 games in hand, and when was the last time we beat the Dons, Celtic or Huns, and are you confident of this team reaching the final. His tactically ability does not give me confidence at any time, only time will tell.
Oddly , the Don's have taken one point from their 4 games against the hun and the Tim.
The Don's have beaten us twice which is more disappointing.

Joey Barton's made himself available, I see.

Were there not a few rumours that he's a bam after games, I can mind of a few interviews this season after games where he threw his players under the bus. Doesnt foster a happy dressing room, especially as players much less inclined to accept criticism as they were from a manager years ago, when their livelihoods were at stake.

Seems very difficult to get any consistancy from a team season to season outwith the top 3 in this league...the methods only seem to work for so long.. much as Lennon's intense win at all costs mentaility stopped working towards the end of his Hibs time.

Graham Alexander new Motherwell manager

Reactions: Zab

This thread has been viewed 1765 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back