St Mirren player tests positive for Covid-19

Cabbageman

Bounce Radge
Surely not considering what happened with Gogic the other week

C4MMY

Bounce Radge
It will surely just mean their training is cancelled and player needs to self isolate no matter how many false tests come back.

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
Bounce Radge
Paisley's infection rate is high - it's why it's in partial lockdown. Here's hoping today's tests are all negative.

hibee81

Bounce Radge
See here’s what I don’t get, have UEFA now not set a precedent for this with the scotland game on Monday ??
I know it’s different governing bodies but should anymore be found positive will they have to play with what they have available??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
See here’s what I don’t get, have UEFA now not set a precedent for this with the scotland game on Monday ??
I know it’s different governing bodies but should anymore be found positive will they have to play with what they have available??

Good point.

Admin
The league here made a precedent when Hibs had to play Aberdeen without Gogic even though he had tested false positive and then negative. Game on I would say.

Rocky

Bounce Radge
I'm still not really sure why the Czech team tried to pull out - was it ever made clear? Did they say they'd had positive tests?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that as long as you have 13 available players you need to play the match. Not sure if that applies in Scottish leagues or not.

So basically I don't really know anything but that hasn't stopped me putting this post on.

Irish_Hibee1875

Bounce Radge
When will we get confirmation if the game is going ahead or not on Saturday???

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Bounce Radge
It’s not going ahead for 1 person only.
Nae dramas ken

hibee81

Bounce Radge
I'm still not really sure why the Czech team tried to pull out - was it ever made clear? Did they say they'd had positive tests?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that as long as you have 13 available players you need to play the match. Not sure if that applies in Scottish leagues or not.

So basically I don't really know anything but that hasn't stopped me putting this post on.
I think about 13 of their team tested positive if I remember hearing correctly

Rocky

Bounce Radge
I think about 13 of their team tested positive if I remember hearing correctly

I can't really get my head around that given they announced they wouldn't be playing us straight after the Slovakia match. Had they already tested positive before playing Slovakia?

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Bounce Radge
It’s the St Mirren goalie
That’s only an issue for them if we threaten their goal.

Hopefully the international break allowed Nisbet to recover and we had time to work with the likes of Murphy and Boyle. Decent firepower in our squad so let’s see some evidence of that on matchday.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
I can't really get my head around that given they announced they wouldn't be playing us straight after the Slovakia match. Had they already tested positive before playing Slovakia?
I think what happened is that the virus became prevalent in the Czech camp so the big teams Sparta Prague, Slavia Prague and Viktoria Plizen demanded all their players back before it became rampant.

Someone took a strop and said "its ma ba so we urnae playing then" before wiser heads prevailed as that would mean forfeighting the game 0:3 so they disbanded the squad and brought in a new one as UEFA rules allowed them the option as long as they could provide 11 players plus subs.

Last edited:
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£30.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 19 Years Old