SPL Players

The Family

Capital Radge
Is he a 'silky' defender/ midfielder?
Or is he a shin kicker?
Hope it's the latter. We badly need one.

He is known to martial the midfield and break up play so our midfield flair players can then get on the ball to get us forward etc.

The Family

Capital Radge
Miller is more of a winger though is he not ?. really good player though and I hope we get him.
We certainly need three strikers at least competing for front places. Gullan hopefully will become a starter next season and Doidge notched up 18 goals so hopefully he will still be around. I thought we might be back in for Kevin Nisbet again.

I don’t think the Nisbet interest from us is dead after all.

The Family

Capital Radge
If Dundee United start getting players over Hibs i'll be mucking raging

Dunfermline chairman unhappy at Dundee United publicly naming Nisbet as their target. Nisbet wanted to come to us in January and was really disappointed it didn’t happen even when United bidded also which is good to hear.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
If Dundee United start getting players over Hibs i'll be mucking raging

This "over" Hibs thing winds me up. Being interested in the same player doesn't mean we were beaten by them.
Sometimes aye, but if he's not worth the pennies then it's up to us to decide that.

The money they were paying Lawrence Shankland was outrageous for where they are, I wouldn't have paid him that at Hibs.
In hindsight possibly, but not really.

If we went in at that time, it would appear we "lost out" but in reality we might've pulled out.

Bigger picture fella!

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
United will be selling Shankland this summer...that's why they want Nisbet in to replace him.
He looks a decent striker and I would be happy to see him at Hibs, but Ross Stewart is a proven goalscorer in the top league so he might be the better option if we can get him.
I think we will bring in 3 or 4 at the most this summer, with hopefully some of the youth academy players given a first team chance.

hibs1875

Just A Radge
This "over" Hibs thing winds me up. Being interested in the same player doesn't mean we were beaten by them.
Sometimes aye, but if he's not worth the pennies then it's up to us to decide that.

The money they were paying Lawrence Shankland was outrageous for where they are, I wouldn't have paid him that at Hibs.
In hindsight possibly, but not really.

If we went in at that time, it would appear we "lost out" but in reality we might've pulled out.

Bigger picture fella!

You talk about bigger picture but yet you can't see that Dundee United pulled off a great deal getting Shankland in by getting promotion and most likely transfer fee....

I'm not willing to believe this if we wanted him we would have got him pish tbh.

The Family

Capital Radge
United will be selling Shankland this summer...that's why they want Nisbet in to replace him.
He looks a decent striker and I would be happy to see him at Hibs, but Ross Stewart is a proven goalscorer in the top league so he might be the better option if we can get him.
I think we will bring in 3 or 4 at the most this summer, with hopefully some of the youth academy players given a first team chance.

Ross Stewart, we already have Doidge who is also a proven scorer in the top league. My preference would be to go for Nisbet out of the two.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I'm not willing to believe this if we wanted him we would have got him pish tbh.

Isn't what I said.
But I wouldn't be paying the 5 or 6k he's apparently on.
Absolutely done the job, but at the time he went there, not worth the money.

He's just an example of a player we probably looked at that I wouldn't say we were beaten to, but more he wanted something that was entirely unreasonable and would probably have seen him best paid at the club.
Isn't great business imo.

Admin
Isn't what I said.
But I wouldn't be paying the 5 or 6k he's apparently on.
Absolutely done the job, but at the time he went there, not worth the money.

He's just an example of a player we probably looked at that I wouldn't say we were beaten to, but more he wanted something that was entirely unreasonable and would probably have seen him best paid at the club.
Isn't great business imo.

Plus it was reported at the time he had failed a fit and proper test at Hibs?

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here