Some Hibs gossip

SUPPORT THE SITE!
Sept Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £51.37

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
If we are

if we are then it would be scunnering if they beat us to a player again , although i can't see Motherwell excepting the 200k supposedly getting qouted.
I think hes out of reach for us sadly.

The 200K is a nonsense. They'g get around 500K next summer as a development fee. IF Hibs want this guy then there is going to need to be a big offer put to them. Perhaps cash and player?

cleanyman

Well-Known Radge
We won't be signing Campbell

Magennis is a decent player but he's off the back of a bad injury. Annoying that all are transfers end up in public bidding wars that we ultimately lose but that's not our fault

westsidehibs

Well-Known Radge
Course they are, top talent in our league who might be under offer.
We'd be the same the other way about

Think we need to be less surprised about competition and more concerned with how we go about beating them to players.
Correct and as Ron says he wants us to be the best of the rest then maybe we need to push the boat out .

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Correct and as Ron says he wants us to be the best of the rest then maybe we need to push the boat out .

I still think within reason.
I wouldnt be breaking any structure for 1 player.. maybe splash a fee, but not wages.
I wouldnt have made McRorie our highest paid and I wouldn't be making Campbell that either.

Not sure what the solution is tbh, constantly being better than the rest as Aberdeen largely have been for a while now, would definitely help things.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
The 200K is a nonsense. They'g get around 500K next summer as a development fee. IF Hibs want this guy then there is going to need to be a big offer put to them. Perhaps cash and player?

They won't get 500k in development fees.
Half that, maybe a little over.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge

Think we need to be less surprised about competition and more concerned with how we go about beating them to players.
Think he will go elsewhere tbh. Both cheeks will have him on their radar.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Burrows at Motherwell saying he’s no idea where figure of 200k came from. The Fukn Record pal and dafties swallow it.

Lewis Ferguson fee was supposedly set at £237k with half the time spent at Hamilton and a fraction of the games played compared to Campbell.

Oxford wouldn’t pay Well the Chris Cadden fee of 320k.

Probably complex calculations involved and dependent on cross border/overseas or staying in Scotland but it’s a hefty fee to get him now or next summer. Well have £5m income from Turnbull and Scott recently.

No’ happenin. Who even said Hibs were serious about this potential transfer just now other than Record speculating?

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Burrows at Motherwell saying he’s no idea where figure of 200k came from. The Fukn Record pal and dafties swallow it.

Lewis Ferguson fee was supposedly set at £237k with half the time spent at Hamilton and a fraction of the games played compared to Campbell.

Oxford wouldn’t pay Well the Chris Cadden fee of 320k.

Probably complex calculations involved and dependent on cross border/overseas or staying in Scotland but it’s a hefty fee to get him now or next summer. Well have £5m income from Turnbull and Scott recently.

No’ happenin. Who even said Hibs were serious about this potential transfer just now other than Record speculating?
Some radge reads a post in a forum, puts 2 and 2 together and gets 250K.

aggie

Justified Radge

True, but I think it's also fair to say that it's starting to feel like Abérdeen effectively have a standing first refusal on any player we are interested in, a bit like the medieval prima noctae thing.

(Pretty sure McInnes wouldnae baulk at giving a fly gam either (cf. Ojo), but that's another story.)

Zab

Admin
I don’t think Hibs or Aberdeen will pay the costs to sign Campbell, I also don’t think he’d see much value in either move. OF or English Championship will surely be his aim, haven’t really seen any quotes from him suggesting he’s itching for a move.

On another note.... With all these midfielders Aberdeen are stockpiling there must be one or two heading for the exit door, wouldn’t be surprised if Dylan McGeouch was one of them.

sockyboy

Just A Radge
I don’t think Hibs or Aberdeen will pay the costs to sign Campbell, I also don’t think he’d see much value in either move. OF or English Championship will surely be his aim, haven’t really seen any quotes from him suggesting he’s itching for a move.

On another note.... With all these midfielders Aberdeen are stockpiling there must be one or two heading for the exit door, wouldn’t be surprised if Dylan McGeouch was one of them.
Would you want him back? (Not looking for an argument, just wondering if that's what you meant)

Reactions: Zab

Zab

Admin
Would you want him back? (Not looking for an argument, just wondering if that's what you meant)

I’d love a player with his ability to retain possession and keep us ticking, we’re very wasteful on the ball. Would have the makings of a very good midfield with someone like that, along with Gogic and a more dynamic box-to-box type (which is why I’m guessing we’re looking at players like Campbell & Magennis).

HenryLB

Donator
I’d love a player with his ability to retain possession and keep us ticking, we’re very wasteful on the ball. Would have the makings of a very good midfield with someone like that, along with Gogic and a more dynamic box-to-box type (which is why I’m guessing we’re looking at players like Campbell & Magennis).

Slightly concerned that Neil Lennon seems to be the only manager to have been able to get a proper tune out of him but I'd still have him back.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Slightly concerned that Neil Lennon seems to be the only manager to have been able to get a proper tune out of him but I'd still have him back.

Glad it’s just slight concern you have as it’s the sheep fans that should be the ones getting worried. He started last week in Lisbon so don’t be standing outside East Mains with an autograph book just yet.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here