• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

SNP Manifesto

My favourite thing about it is I reckon it's being funded by the Barnett consequentials of the English Tories chucking billions at their pals.
I’m going to show my political naivety here but if you don’t ask, you will never know. Obviously, living down here, we get this Barnett formula used by some in the English media (like Richard Littlejohn, an odious little englander) to argue that the English basically keep us Scots. Is there any merit in it cos it winds me up but I have to admit, haven’t researched it fully.

Maybe I could have written another post. But just to say, if I were in Edinburgh Central I would be voting for Bonny Prince Bob. His message is a breath of fresh air. Folks should look out his you tube broadcasts.
I think he’s a total chancer, would be interesting to investigate his finances if he’s calling out other candidates funding and credentials for standing in central. No chance would he get my vote

I’m going to show my political naivety here but if you don’t ask, you will never know. Obviously, living down here, we get this Barnett formula used by some in the English media (like Richard Littlejohn, an odious little englander) to argue that the English basically keep us Scots. Is there any merit in it cos it winds me up but I have to admit, haven’t researched it fully.
No-one really knows for sure but a few points to consider off the top of my head:
  • The annual GERS report is often used to suggest that Scotland is subsidised yet there are always counter analyses pointing out that eg it includes spending on Trident against Scotland and it tends to attribute income to London that isn't actually generated there.
  • If we're such a drain on resources why do the UK Government get so panicky about us leaving?
  • Given that the UK Parliament hold many of the economic levers that impact wealth generation in Scotland they surely need to take responsibility if we need subsidised? Just as they're draining people and other resources from poor regions in England to the wealthy areas in the South.
  • Based on the UK Government track record of manipulating the truth (eg the race report the other week) I think it's reasonable to assume that whatever figures and reports they publish are manipulated to suit an agenda and should be taken with a massive pinch of salt.
  • Not even really arsed if they are subsidising us right now, we won't have to give billions to government cronies post independence so that should balance the books just fine.

No-one really knows for sure but a few points to consider off the top of my head:
  • The annual GERS report is often used to suggest that Scotland is subsidised yet there are always counter analyses pointing out that eg it includes spending on Trident against Scotland and it tends to attribute income to London that isn't actually generated there.
  • If we're such a drain on resources why do the UK Government get so panicky about us leaving?
  • Given that the UK Parliament hold many of the economic levers that impact wealth generation in Scotland they surely need to take responsibility if we need subsidised? Just as they're draining people and other resources from poor regions in England to the wealthy areas in the South.
  • Based on the UK Government track record of manipulating the truth (eg the race report the other week) I think it's reasonable to assume that whatever figures and reports they publish are manipulated to suit an agenda and should be taken with a massive pinch of salt.
  • Not even really arsed if they are subsidising us right now, we won't have to give billions to government cronies post independence so that should balance the books just fine.
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated and some great points. I’ve always thought that as well, if we really are such a drain on the English, you would think they would be only to willing to let Scotland go

I think he’s a total chancer, would be interesting to investigate his finances if he’s calling out other candidates funding and credentials for standing in central. No chance would he get my vote

It's funny cos I've seen a few folk say they'd vote him if they lived in Central Edinburgh but they don't. So.....

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated and some great points. I’ve always thought that as well, if we really are such a drain on the English, you would think they would be only to willing to let Scotland go
Ps your commitment to making your way through the witterings on the Bounce since joining is admirable, well played!

Ps your commitment to making your way through the witterings on the Bounce since joining is admirable, well played!
Hear hear.
Theres some awful shite written here.
And a smell o pish.
Shrinks tena is overflowing of a morning........

:mad:

This thread has been viewed 4521 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back