• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

SNP Manifesto

Rocky

Private Member
Reaction score
Seems like some decent stuff in here, thoughts?

Scotrail into public ownership would be a nightmare people have short memories with how bad the service was in the 90s

And the SNP have had 14 years to tackle their appalling record in education

Time for change

Easiest vote for me , already in the post

SNP not in power in the 90s , education has not changed since the industrial revolution.

My favourite thing about it is I reckon it's being funded by the Barnett consequentials of the English Tories chucking billions at their pals.

SNP not in power in the 90s , education has not changed since the industrial revolution.
Schools went comprehensive in 72?Under a Labour govt. I might add.

Highers and O grades no longer a thing.

If the SNP manifesto is based on the quality commission it's a long way short of being any good.

I'm probably more interested in folks views on the actual policies rather than rehashing the same old arguments tbh.

Let's face it, it's the only manifesto that matters as its the only one that will be getting acted upon. Either with the Greens interference support or not.

I'll eat my hat if the snp deliver 10,000 social houses a year for the next 12 years as they haven't come close to delivering that so far.

I just want them to get on and deliver indy, and then we can get to work on the real job, and the snp can fracture into whatever it will be post indy.

Let's face it, it's the only manifesto that matters as its the only one that will be getting acted upon. Either with the Greens interference support or not.

I'll eat my hat if the snp deliver 10,000 social houses a year for the next 12 years as they haven't come close to delivering that so far.
Always have a wee snigger at government claiming they ‘deliver’ social housing.
It’s really not that simple.

Always have a wee snigger at government claiming they ‘deliver’ social housing.
It’s really not that simple.
How does it actually work? Is it like a PFI type thing?

How does it actually work? Is it like a PFI type thing?
No.

Lots of complications. Grants from Govt, money from charities, private finance..... and much much more.

I think an interesting one to watch will be the NHS.

I think its a given that the fallout from covid (long covid and illness/treatments missed) will see the need for a huge increase in spending and whether the SNP proposal is enough we'll have to wait and see.

Against that Brexit and the Internal Market Bill has seen Westminster give itself the powers to dabble in previously devolved areas, including the NHS.

I suspect the SNP are priming their guns for an independence battle that will see the NHS as we know it against something imposed by Westminster that will be quite horrific in comparison. Or at least that's how it will be played out.

Schools have not changed in the way they deliver education , same old robotic tripe. Oh i might add i worked in a school for 23 years and no not as the janny.

I just want them to get on and deliver indy, and then we can get to work on the real job, and the snp can fracture into whatever it will be post indy.
There's the rub.
Nutshell.

Scotrail into public ownership would be a nightmare people have short memories with how bad the service was in the 90s

Time for change
I agree.
The education system needs changed.
Still far too many people voting tory...

Time for change
Who will be getting your vote?

Who will be getting your vote?
No telling you

Time for change
Yip we've had better together , don't think it worked out just a lot of broken promises so your correct time for change , thanks

SNP have been horrendous on drug deaths, admittedly with one hand tied behind their backs, but there's no escaping the number of people who have died on their watch.
Certain aspects of Covid have been done with one hand tied behind their back, but Care Homes for example was pretty dreadful.
Education is also a fairly poor reflection on the last 14 years in government. Seem to recall they stood one year on the promise of no class size being higher than 25 and each class having a teacher and a teaching assistant. LOL.

So there's plenty of ammo available for the opposition, and after saying all of the above I'm pretty confident any of the opposition parties in Scotland would have been significantly worse for the nation than the SNP have been.

Not read the manifesto and probably won't, will still give them my first vote

Schools have not changed in the way they deliver education , same old robotic tripe. Oh i might add i worked in a school for 23 years and no not as the janny.
Cleaner?

Sorry to disappoint but no, remind me what you do for employment??

No telling you
Why , are you ashamed?
So you have an awful lot to say on the matter, but you don’t have the courage of your conviction . A bit like the guy in the pub , who baits you about your Fitba team, dosnae support a team, but follows Man Utd.
He also gets on my tits.

Why , are you ashamed?
So you have an awful lot to say on the matter, but you don’t have the courage of your conviction . A bit like the guy in the pub , who baits you about your Fitba team, dosnae support a team, but follows Man Utd.
He also gets on my tits.

Nonsense comment

I don't need to tell you anything

Nor do you need to read anything I reply with

I live in a swing seat so it will be a tactical vote

Nonsense comment

I don't need to tell you anything

Nor do you need to read anything I reply with

I live in a swing seat so it will be a tactical vote
You think it’s nonsense, I just find it bizarre when folk ( not just you) don’t want to tell you who they vote for . Why would anyone be ashamed , or embarrassed by who they vote for?
I suppose if I was a Tory, I would keep it to myself.

Sorry to disappoint but no, remind me what you do for employment??
I gave up employment for mental health problems.Why?

I was a Care Assistant.Before that a Gardener.Before that a School Cleaner.Before that a Street Cleaner.I now care full time for my mum.I scrounge off the State for Carer's Allowance and Income Support.

Well.
There's scope there for ‘uphill gardener’ puns, I expect Billy will come in a minute.

No...... I’ve fallen into 1970 again.

Quite nice here.

Just a bit lonely.

I gave up employment for mental health problems.Why?
Why, are you serious , you're post suggesting i was a cleaner trying to belittle me. Hence my response to you're work situation don't try to be a smart **** with people you don't know, i suffer from a mental health condition and still work so no sympathy from me

Well.
There's scope there for ‘uphill gardener’ puns, I expect Billy will come in a minute.

No.... I’ve fallen into 1970 again.

Quite nice here.

Just a bit lonely.
You’ll get nae comment fae me aboot the 1970’s although I did like the glam rock back then.

You’ll get nae comment fae me aboot the 1970’s although I did like the glam rock back then.
I can picture you Bill.
Sequins &flares.
And some hair.

I can picture you Bill.
Sequins &flares.
And some hair.
Still got 2 of them.

Lost the sequins long ago.

Miss them days, I was 6ft back then.

SNP have been horrendous on drug deaths, admittedly with one hand tied behind their backs, but there's no escaping the number of people who have died on their watch.

Interesting and balanced read I thought.

BIG G

All sounds great, but they talk about throwing billions at various enterprises. Would we have billions if independent? I am thankful for things that appear free, prescriptions, toll charges, bus pass over 60..now to be also under 22. That said it is never really free, just paid through taxes.

All sounds great, but they talk about throwing billions at various enterprises. Would we have billions if independent? I am thankful for things that appear free, prescriptions, toll charges, bus pass over 60..now to be also under 22. That said it is never really free, just paid through taxes.
Well the argument from the independence side is that Scotland basically runs at a profit and we get less back than we send to Westminster.

The unionists poo poo that but never saying what the actual figures are. Now and again they point to GERS and say Scotland is running at a deficit. As Scotland isn't allowed to borrow one can only assume Westminster is running up a debt on our behalf.

One last point on GERS. I have a unionist friend who is a Chartered Accountant. Every time GERS came out he'd beat his chest and say Look, poor Scotland we'd never survive. That stopped when I asked him, as a Chartered Accountant, if he would sign off GERS as showing a "true and fair" view of Scotlands economic worth? He's never mentioned GERS since.

The union has never ever been fair. Always remember before the referendum watching some over weight editor of one of the red tops and his view was just tell the JOCKS they will be worse off and that will end their independence hope's. A other fact is why if we depend so much on Westminster to bail us out all the time , if that's true then you would think England would want rid. But they don't says it all. I keep thinking about Norway same population same resources and are now the fourth wealthiest country in the world.

Why, are you serious , you're post suggesting i was a cleaner trying to belittle me. Hence my response to you're work situation don't try to be a smart **** with people you don't know, i suffer from a mental health condition and still work so no sympathy from me
I'm not asking for your fucking sympathy. I'm telling you why I left my last job. I wasn't trying to bellittle anyone. It was meant to be an off the cuff retort. Banter if you like. I did clean schools, Balerno High to be precise ,so if anything I was being self depricating.

Maybe I could have written another post. But just to say, if I were in Edinburgh Central I would be voting for Bonny Prince Bob. His message is a breath of fresh air. Folks should look out his you tube broadcasts.

This thread has been viewed 4522 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back