• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Simon Murray

The Family

Capital Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
1595323618667.jpeg

Happy to have him back as a fourth striker if that's what's happening. Boy was a trier.

Last edited:
Simon Murray was a strange case. I don't think I have ever heard a Hibs manager rave about a potential new signing as Neil Lennon did about Murray before he brought him in. He couldn't wait to get him in the door. Despite playing well and scoring several goals including some absolute crackers, within a few months he was not starting games and then in the January window he was punted out on loan to Dundee. I could never understand why Lennon had such a change of opinion about the lad, specially as IMO he had been quite impressive in the games he played. He was pacy, skilful, energetic, hard working, and certainly had an eye for goal.

Question is would Ross want four strikers for his squad ? I certainly wouldn't want to see Gullan loaned out again. Murray also suffered a serious cruciate ligament knee injury when he was playing in South Africa. That would be a concern.

I liked him as a player, and normally I am not keen to see former players coming back. Every window there always seems to be rumours about former Hibs players returning or a clamour from fans to get someone back who was here before. My thoughts are that If we could afford to bring him in to compete for a forward spot with our other strikers then fine. It gives us another forward option. He would add further goal threat and pace and energy, however IMO we really do need to prioritise on improving our defence before bringing in another striker.

Only down side would be having to suffer that cringey song about him.

Happy to have him back as a fourth striker if that's what's happening. Boy was a truer.

I would have him back also.

Simon Murray was a strange case. I don't think I have ever heard a Hibs manager rave about a potential new signing as Neil Lennon did about Murray before he brought him in. He couldn't wait to get him in the door. Despite playing well and scoring several goals including some absolute crackers, within a few months he was not starting games and then in the January window he was punted out on loan to Dundee. I could never understand why Lennon had such a change of opinion about the lad, specially as IMO he had been quite impressive in the games he played. He was pacy, skilful, energetic, hard working, and certainly had an eye for goal.

Question is would Ross want four strikers for his squad ? I certainly wouldn't want to see Gullan loaned out again. Murray also suffered a serious cruciate ligament knee injury when he was playing in South Africa. That would be a concern.

I liked him as a player, and normally I am not keen to see former players coming back. Every window there always seems to be rumours about former Hibs players returning or a clamour from fans to get someone back who was here before. My thoughts are that If we could afford to bring him in to compete for a forward spot with our other strikers then fine. It gives us another forward option. He would add further goal threat and pace and energy, however IMO we really do need to prioritise on improving our defence before bringing in another striker.

I get what you are saying but this will only give us plenty competition in this position, that can only be good for us. His work rate and he scored important goals (Zombies & Gunts) for me he would be a welcome addition.

If he was “pacy, skilful, energetic, hard working, and certainly had an eye for goal” he’d either be at Hibs still as first choice or moved onto far better things.

Totally agree he would provide decent cover for a nominal wage and I’d sign him and he knows the league so wouldn’t be a gamble.

4 goals in his last 21 games - starts and subs.

Him and Stokes were moved on because they weren't scoring enough.

That said 7 goals in his first 4 games hinted at something prolific.

I think he could offer an option. I suppose it largely depends on what kinds of system we're likely to go for.

I suspect it will be a 4-2-3-1, and I don't really see how he fits into that. Maybe as an impact sub. Five subs will present opportunities to change half a team during games if it is adopted.

Don't think he was good enough tbh and confidence went big time for some reason I remember him more at one of his last games dundee away where he missed a few sitters.

Coming off the bench for the last 15 ?

Decent option

I actually wouldn't mind him.
In different circumstances we might not have even looked at him though?

Had a serious knee injury? Got a scar from half up his thigh to his shin near enough.

He's a busy body tho, gets wired in and hassles everyone. Can score too despite some opinions.

Rat Boy out Docherty as a straight swap.

Murray in, didn’t know about his injury but no doubt our medical staff will assess him if we are at all interested.

Rat Boy out Docherty as a straight swap.

Murray in, didn’t know about his injury but no doubt our medical staff will assess him if we are at all interested.

Done deal?

Not good enough for me. We need strikers that have a decent scoring ratio. Wonder what his assist stats are.

Not good enough for me. We need strikers that have a decent scoring ratio. Wonder what his assist stats are.
He scored 14 in 29 last time.
Edit: 22 starts

I’d be happy to see him back. He’d add some much needed depth up front, he can score goals (even if things dried up quickly first time round), his energy and pressing from the front in infectious, while Doidge is currently the only real senior striker at the club*

*Nisbet is full of potential but untested at this level, Gullan is still young, and Kamberi is gone as far as I’m concerned.

I thought you were implying Rat boy for Docherty was done.

I thought you were implying Rat boy for Docherty was done.

Oh no sorry, I read today that SG was trying to get rid of Docherty and they are seemingly interested in Rat Boy, just me hoping a straight swap would be an ideal solution.

I liked SM, he brings different qualities including pace and energy which every defender hates.
A good option off the bench too.

Oh no sorry, I read today that SG was trying to get rid of Docherty and they are seemingly interested in Rat Boy, just me hoping a straight swap would be an ideal solution.
would be nice but reckon wages'll scupper that one.

His form dipped when Stokes joined us, the two just never gelled. I think he’d do very well playing with Doidge along side him.

would be nice but reckon wages'll scupper that one.

He would be on reduced wage anyway like all the players.

Nothing in it, was in reference to the replayed games that he scored in, next!

Nothing in it, was in reference to the replayed games that he scored in, next!

Good,We’ve moaned for ages that we don’t give youth a chance and we’ve got a hungry young striker that was banging them in at Raith last season.
I’d rather give Gullan his chance.

Good,We’ve moaned for ages that we don’t give youth a chance and we’ve got a hungry young striker that was banging them in at Raith last season.
As I said earlier if someone like Murray was to come in to give the manager another striking option and we could afford him then fine, but like yourself, I don't want to see anything blunt Gullan's development and I think he will feature in the first team much more often next season.

We still need another striker in when Rat Boy moves on, I would hate for any injuries to happen and we only had three strikers.

We still need another striker in when Rat Boy moves on, I would hate for any injuries to happen and we only had three strikers.
Agree mate but finance wise I can’t see us signing another striker while The Rat is still here,they might even use Boyle in that role in future.

Agree mate but finance wise I can’t see us signing another striker while The Rat is still here,they might even use Boyle in that role in future.

I don’t ever want to see Rat Boy in our colours again, sadly I think we will lose Boyle.

Screenshot_20200904-094420_Twitter.jpg

Found his level :lookaround::cover:
Do Queens Park play 8 legs in the cup?:102:

Do Queens Park play 8 legs in the cup?:102:
Got his own website I believe...

Got his own website I believe...
Feeder team tae the Italian club Inter Net?

Fascinating to see where queens go from here. About 130 years late mind.

Reactions: Zab
Fascinating to see where queens go from here. About 130 years late mind.
Only the Old Firm have won the Scottish Cup more times than Queens Park.

Good to see our oldest club showing some ambition...something depressingly lacking in the scottish game in general in my opinion.

They'll have a bit of cash to flash after selling Hampden. Can see them doing well.

They'll have a bit of cash to flash after selling Hampden. Can see them doing well.

Its nice to see them doing stuff but it wont last for long, the holding and renting agreement they had was a much better earner for them than a one of lump

Only the Old Firm have won the Scottish Cup more times than Queens Park.
Good to see our oldest club showing some ambition...something depressingly lacking in the scottish game in general in my opinion.
Nae wonder, every final was a home game!

This thread has been viewed 2433 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back