• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Simon Murray

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Reports Dundee Utd want to sign him....

Reports Dundee Utd want to sign him....

Go ahead, imo. Not going to make the grade here.

He did very well for us the first half of the season, considering where he’d came from. Fine goals versus Hearts and Sevco. But if he was to remain he’d probably be 4th choice striker, maybe 3rd choice depending who we recruit. Maybe he wouldn’t fancy that and returning to the Arabs might be his best bet.

Go ahead, imo. Not going to make the grade here.

Agreed. Very good player though who always gave 110%. When he goes he goes with our thanks and very best wishes.

Shouldn't have ever been leading the line on his own, decent enough player with a fantastic attitude.

Could still be a squad player here but he should want to start games somewhere.

Not sure he’s ever going to be an impact striker or a one goal in 3 striker. Probably better options out there.

After a fantastic start to his Hibs career he went a bit off the boil and the way Hibs were playing at that point didn’t suit his game.
If we were unable to secure Jamie McLaren (which is more than possible) I wonder if his non-stop running style could fulfil that role and he would be a decent partner for Florian?

Worth a try?

Or get rid?

:dunno:

After a fantastic start to his Hibs career he went a bit off the boil and the way Hibs were playing at that point didn’t suit his game.
If we were unable to secure Jamie McLaren (which is more than possible) I wonder if his non-stop running style could fulfil that role and he would be a decent partner for Florian?

Worth a try?

Or get rid?

I'm not so sure. MacLaren's runs were very intelligent and, more importantly, he knows when to stop running to make space/be in the right position. His partnership with Flo worked because they're both clever players who were well suited to play together.

Simon's non-stop running is just that; I'm not so sure he has the game intelligence to be as effective with Flo as MacLaren was.

I do really hope we keep Flo though.

I hope we wait to see what we have before we let him go.
We have had worse , a lot worse , but his constant running offside drove me mad. I'm showing my age, but he is a carbon copy of faither. Wil score a few , but probably miss even more.

I'm not so sure. MacLaren's runs were very intelligent and, more importantly, he knows when to stop running to make space/be in the right position. His partnership with Flo worked because they're both clever players who were well suited to play together.Simon's non-stop running is just that; I'm not so sure he has the game intelligence to be as effective with Flo as MacLaren was.I do really hope we keep Flo though.
I don't know if the ineffectiveness of Murray's runs were his fault all the time. Stokes was always drifting so far wide that they were rarely able to strike up any sort of functioning partnership. Could be a different prospect if he was playing with Flo.There are enough strengths to Murray to allow him another 6 months to make an impression as an impact sub if nothing else. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

I hope we wait to see what we have before we let him go.
We have had worse , a lot worse , but his constant running offside drove me mad. I'm showing my age, but he is a carbon copy of faither. Wil score a few , but probably miss even more.

Totally agree, IMO we need to hang fire on letting SM go until, at least, the McLaren and Kamberi situations are resolved.

Worth a try?

Or get rid?

Second option for me.

I don't know if the ineffectiveness of Murray's runs were his fault all the time. Stokes was always drifting so far wide that they were rarely able to strike up any sort of functioning partnership. Could be a different prospect if he was playing with Flo.There are enough strengths to Murray to allow him another 6 months to make an impression as an impact sub if nothing else. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

Yeah that's true, to be fair.

I wouldn't be averse to keeping Murray as a squad player but I'd like to think we'd be able to get better as a first pick.

McLaren has found himself offside more than a fair number of times too.
Takes timing of a pass as well as a run to get beyond that line.

McLaren is without doubt a more accomplished, rounded forward.
But he's also had a lot of good experience in Australia and Germany.

Simon was a bit part winger for Dundee United :dunno: he's just missing the extra stuff that Jamie's had imo.

All going well it could be we'll need folk off the terraces to play in our first European match!!!

I suspect/we all know our first choice team early July will be very different from our first choice at the end of August.

Not just a Hibs problem but a problem that will hamstring Scottish footballs European hopes until a solution is found!

This thread has been viewed 700 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back