• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Simon Murray

Sauzee's Teeth

I Was There And Went Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
May potentially be away to a Turkish team.

Think he still adds something to the squad and work rate is second to none.

A shame if so. He's a 100% effort player and has done well enough when given the opportunity. Lennon must really be trusting in Shaw's development here and while he's done really well, young players' form can be up and down whilst developing.The bottom line for me is that Hibs needed an additional forward - not a one-for-one replacement.

Hope he doesn't leave he is a good option tbh I would think it will be Davy to leave.

Really? Would never have seen that coming.
Need to be a pretty good offer for him and us if true?

I think selection by the manager is indicative that he's not entirely happy with his forwards. I'd say apart from Shaw any could leave....

I think selection by the manager is indicative that he's not entirely happy with his forwards. I'd say apart from Shaw any could leave....

Totally agree with this - Lennon’s comments most of this season have been about our inability to kill teams off, so he must feel we can do better going forward.

If Murray leaves, and Matulevicius is free to leave, does that mean we’re looking for another forward in addition to Maclaren? Also does anyone think Stokes could go?

Would be very surprised if Simon Murray were allowed to leave, he's our top goalscorer and proven he can score good goals in big games. He's had, what, 3 poor/mediocre games since he last scored at Hamilton? We need to be adding goals to the team not getting rid.

May potentially be away to a Turkish team.

What’s the punchline?

What’s the punchline?

I’m sure he’ll be filled with delight.

Seriously though, it is apparently true but just need to wait and see.

He's apparently been offered a signing on fee that's worth more than the rest of his Hibs contract.

I mentioned this today at work and the guy was saying he heard about it last week.

Not ideal if its happening in January though.

He's apparently been offered a signing on fee that's worth more than the rest of his Hibs contract.

I mentioned this today at work and the guy was saying he heard about it last week.

Must be some deal for him - Hibs would be due a fee given he’s only 6 months into a two year contract.

Then that means Hibs have allowed teams to talk to him. Which imo a fee would’ve been agreed as well?
You don’t let your top goalscorer go out willy nilly talking clubs while 18 months left in contract
Seems a strange one indeed

A bit surprised if this is the case. Murray has hardly been a failure since he arrived and Lennon was talking him up big time before he arrived last summer. He also happens to be our top scorer and has fabulous workrate. Unless Lennon thinks he can find better within our player budget then I wouldn't be letting him go.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about any forward leaving except Shaw. The new boy will be the answer to the penalty box striker we have been lacking.

No need to worry when we'd clearly get replacements in if Lennon did allow a departure or two.

Stokes fannies about too much outside the box. Murray is worth keeping unless our manager has better in mind.
Big Dave was signed as a squad filler and would only be worth keeping for a 15 minute cameo of winning the odd high ball.

We've not taken enough of our chances so there's clearly room for improvement. We will have a list of targets :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

Would also leave us with just Stokes, Shaw and Maclaren, doesn't seem viable unless a good fee is coming to Hibs.

I wouldn't want to let him go, but if there's serious money in it for him, we're only gonna shoot ourselves in the foot if we refuse him the chance?

No idea how much it was true, just the guy was out with it straight away once I mentioned it.

Hope not. I like him, he's my kind of player.
Simon looks like he gets Hibs, he works his socks off and earns his goals.

Unless we've got a serious ace up our sleeves...

Jimmy Boco saying so on twitter too for what’ it’s worth. Scratching my head at this one tbh, as much as I’ve scratched my head with him not getting more game time.

Started off very well for him, scored at Ipox and against the Gunts. Then it has gone downhill for him, Shaw seems to read the game better than Murray hence why he has moved in front of him, Stokesy will be on his last warning if he fucks about again as NL doesn't put up with any of their shite, McLaren is the box to box striker we have been lacking.

Big Dave free to go, but some teams enquired about Murray including a Scottish one but was put off by the price seemingly.

McLaren is the box to box striker we have been lacking.

What is a box to box striker?

Jamie McLaren

Jamie McLaren

Does he strike in his own box as well then?

Hasn't gone downhill for him at all.

Lennon told us the reason Shaw was still in the team was because he made it hard to drop him, by performing and scoring.

Box to box striker is a new one though. So he's not a poacher then?

Someone who'd be matches fit? :lookaround:

The expression box to box midfielder was coined for Pat McGinlay. Box to box striker? Did he play for Sydney Swan Vestas? :dunno:

Someone who'd be matches fit? :lookaround:

The expression box to box midfielder was coined for Pat McGinlay. Box to box striker? :dunno:

Penalty box striker would make more sense

Murray has been honing his blow football skills today judging by videos online...

Box to box forward.... He could be hittin a bit o flange an hour before the game, then match out the tunnel and bang in the goals :lookaround:

Does he strike in his own box as well then?

Sorry mate, i was meaning he is a box striker, see here from the Ex Gunt Ryan MaGowan

[FONT=&quot]Similar to Cummings....penalty box striker with good movement, runs in behind well, clever link up play! Given service would imagine he will score goals!! Will be driven to preform well with WC coming up!! Hope he has a stinker on debut and sad to have lost a mate [/FONT]

Load of pish, unless it’s came about in the last hour. Source very close to Si.

Load of pish, unless it’s came about in the last hour. Source very close to Si.
They better have gallons of factor 50 for him as he will burn like hell :077::077::077::077:

I wouldn't be overly concerned about any forward leaving except Shaw. The new boy will be the answer to the penalty box striker we have been lacking.

No need to worry when we'd clearly get replacements in if Lennon did allow a departure or two.

Stokes fannies about too much outside the box. Murray is worth keeping unless our manager has better in mind.
Big Dave was signed as a squad filler and would only be worth keeping for a 15 minute cameo of winning the odd high ball.

We've not taken enough of our chances so there's clearly room for improvement. We will have a list of targets :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

I pondered over whether big Dave was signed to help Slivka settle in, in much the same way as we signed Hurtado to be De La Cruz's pal.

I pondered over whether big Dave was signed to help Slivka settle in, in much the same way as we signed Hurtado to be De La Cruz's pal.

Yeh, the difference is that Hurtado was a football genius, Dub. :Sparkle_Cool:

Yeh, the difference is that Hurtado was a football genius, Dub. :Sparkle_Cool:

Hurtado bombed for Hibs but that could have been as much to do with Blobby's poor use of him rather than his lack of football genius. I was at an LA Galaxy quiz event recently and a question about 'the tank' came up. He's regarded quite highly among elements of the Galaxy support. According to Wiki he scored 30 goals in 50 games....

Lennon may reckon he could put the fee and wage to better use. 50k more and its a done deal :bye
Chuck in Big Dave for the Turks also and get us a decent bigger forward who knows where the goal is.

There wouldn't be a fee for Fontaine leaving so I would keep him to season end just in case. Doubt he would rock the boat when he will go anyway in the summer.

Lennon may reckon he could put the fee and wage to better use. 50k more and its a done deal :bye
Chuck in Big Dave for the Turks also and get us a decent bigger forward who knows where the goal is.

There wouldn't be a fee for Fontaine leaving so I would keep him to season end just in case. Doubt he would rock the boat when he will go anyway in the summer.

Fonts is now down in the pecking order as the 5th choice centre half. Might mean him leaving frees up a wage. Sad to see him go. Another LEGEND.

Fonts is now down in the pecking order as the 5th choice centre half. Might mean him leaving frees up a wage. Sad to see him go. Another LEGEND.
You could be right, Smurf...

Fae the Scotsman

"This week’s friendly with Excelsior also saw defender Liam Fontaine, who has been the subject of interest from an unnamed English club, return to action after a second serious ankle injury earlier in the season."

Read more at: Ofir Marciano welcomes Scott Bain challenge for Hibs No 1 spot - The Scotsman

I like big Fonts. He has been a great signing.

You could be right, Smurf...

Fae the Scotsman

"This week’s friendly with Excelsior also saw defender Liam Fontaine, who has been the subject of interest from an unnamed English club, return to action after a second serious ankle injury earlier in the season."

Read more at: Ofir Marciano welcomes Scott Bain challenge for Hibs No 1 spot - The Scotsman

I like big Fonts. He has been a great signing.

I like him as well, he’s been very good for us since he signed and I think he’d have done a job for us in the Premiership. Sadly injuries forced Lennon to sign a replacement that turned out to be Efe Ambrose, further injury has since kept him out all season and unfortunately his game time is going to be very limited. If he wants to get a regular game, he’s going to have to say farewell.

Seemed a good guy who really got Hibs.

This thread has been viewed 2041 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back