Simon Murray

Stu

Maple Leaf Radge
A shame if so. He's a 100% effort player and has done well enough when given the opportunity. Lennon must really be trusting in Shaw's development here and while he's done really well, young players' form can be up and down whilst developing.The bottom line for me is that Hibs needed an additional forward - not a one-for-one replacement.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Really? Would never have seen that coming.
Need to be a pretty good offer for him and us if true?

Smurf

Aulder Than Shrink This Radge
I think selection by the manager is indicative that he's not entirely happy with his forwards. I'd say apart from Shaw any could leave....

Zab

Admin
I think selection by the manager is indicative that he's not entirely happy with his forwards. I'd say apart from Shaw any could leave....

Totally agree with this - Lennon’s comments most of this season have been about our inability to kill teams off, so he must feel we can do better going forward.

If Murray leaves, and Matulevicius is free to leave, does that mean we’re looking for another forward in addition to Maclaren? Also does anyone think Stokes could go?

Hibee Kev

Well-Known Radge
Would be very surprised if Simon Murray were allowed to leave, he's our top goalscorer and proven he can score good goals in big games. He's had, what, 3 poor/mediocre games since he last scored at Hamilton? We need to be adding goals to the team not getting rid.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
He's apparently been offered a signing on fee that's worth more than the rest of his Hibs contract.

I mentioned this today at work and the guy was saying he heard about it last week.

Not ideal if its happening in January though.

Zab

Admin
He's apparently been offered a signing on fee that's worth more than the rest of his Hibs contract.

I mentioned this today at work and the guy was saying he heard about it last week.

Must be some deal for him - Hibs would be due a fee given he’s only 6 months into a two year contract.

Hattie

Donator

Then that means Hibs have allowed teams to talk to him. Which imo a fee would’ve been agreed as well?
You don’t let your top goalscorer go out willy nilly talking clubs while 18 months left in contract
Seems a strange one indeed

Greenmachine

Aulder Than Shrink This Radge
A bit surprised if this is the case. Murray has hardly been a failure since he arrived and Lennon was talking him up big time before he arrived last summer. He also happens to be our top scorer and has fabulous workrate. Unless Lennon thinks he can find better within our player budget then I wouldn't be letting him go.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
I wouldn't be overly concerned about any forward leaving except Shaw. The new boy will be the answer to the penalty box striker we have been lacking.

No need to worry when we'd clearly get replacements in if Lennon did allow a departure or two.

Stokes fannies about too much outside the box. Murray is worth keeping unless our manager has better in mind.
Big Dave was signed as a squad filler and would only be worth keeping for a 15 minute cameo of winning the odd high ball.

We've not taken enough of our chances so there's clearly room for improvement. We will have a list of targets :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

EastMeetsWest

Well-Known Radge
Would also leave us with just Stokes, Shaw and Maclaren, doesn't seem viable unless a good fee is coming to Hibs.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I wouldn't want to let him go, but if there's serious money in it for him, we're only gonna shoot ourselves in the foot if we refuse him the chance?

No idea how much it was true, just the guy was out with it straight away once I mentioned it.

Hope not. I like him, he's my kind of player.
Simon looks like he gets Hibs, he works his socks off and earns his goals.

Unless we've got a serious ace up our sleeves...

Senior_Webby

Well-Known Radge
Jimmy Boco saying so on twitter too for what’ it’s worth. Scratching my head at this one tbh, as much as I’ve scratched my head with him not getting more game time.

The Family

Capital Radge
Started off very well for him, scored at Ipox and against the Gunts. Then it has gone downhill for him, Shaw seems to read the game better than Murray hence why he has moved in front of him, Stokesy will be on his last warning if he fucks about again as NL doesn't put up with any of their shite, McLaren is the box to box striker we have been lacking.

Big Dave free to go, but some teams enquired about Murray including a Scottish one but was put off by the price seemingly.