Should Nisbet even have been playing?

moathibby

VIP Member
Registered
From what I have heard Nisbet has just lost his dad.I lost my dad in my late 30's and I know my head was all over the place for a good 6 months. Nisbet is in his 20's I'm sure that his head couldn't possibly have been in the right place to play any kind of professional game never mind one of such import. Nisbet should be off on sick leave on compassionate grounds not being asked to score penalties. Bad management once more from the current management set up.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Legend
VIP Member
Registered
You can't make that assumption. How do you know what went on at the club? Do you really think the club wouldn't have given Kevin time off if he asked for it? Have you thought that maybe he requested to be considered to play so he had something to focus on etc?

Poor post with no info.

Last edited:

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Legend
VIP Member
Registered
So this is the reason he was rumoured to be out this morning ? I doubt he was forced to play , just part of the game i guess however bad

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Registered
Its up to him how he wants to cope.

If he wants to get his head down and get on with it then let him, holding him back could harm him too.

Wouldn't even be a question had one or two moments come off and had he just placed his penalty instead of the screamer.

Is what it is. He had a decent enough game regardless

sockyboy

Registered
Very young laddie to lose his dad. The option of playing should maybe have been decided for him. Not having a great game along with missing a penalty might haunt him.

jock3

VIP Member
Registered
Reading between the lines, I'd be surprised if Nissie was forced to play. Whether she should have played full extra time, not sure. Was Gullan not available? They may have put him on, I stopped watching. I must admit I hate Edinburgh derbies!

Greenmachine

VIP Member
Registered
Reading between the lines, I'd be surprised if Nissie was forced to play. Whether she should have played full extra time, not sure. Was Gullan not available? They may have put him on, I stopped watching. I must admit I hate Edinburgh derbies!
So do I.
Always have done even when I was a laddie back in the 70's when we used to win practically all of them.

SlovSam

VIP Member
Registered
I didn't see any problem with Nissy playing and if he is on the pitch then he should be on the penalties as per usual.

The problem though was down to preparation as it should be drilled into players religously that they should take penalties in big games just the normal way they always take them which in Nissy's case is low and hard.

Instead and understandbly since he is so young and inexperienced at this level his head told him to try something very different in this case a more difficult placement to the top corner.😔.

He will more than bounce back from this though.✅

Since I am still hurting then I am blaming Jack again who was probably deciding which of many sweaters to wear when he should have been out on the training pitch.,😉

Last edited:

behindenemylines

AOH Division 198
VIP Member
Registered
I didn't see any problem with Nissy playing and if he is on the pitch then he should be on the penalties as per usual.

The problem though was down to preparation as it should be drilled into players religously that they should take penalties in big games just the normal way they always take them which in Nissy's case is low and hard.

Instead and understandbly since he is so young and inexperienced at this level his head told him to try something very different in this case a more difficult placement to the top corner.😔. He will more than bounce back from this though.✅

Since I am still hurting then I am blaming Jack again who was probably deciding which of many sweaters to wear when he should have been out on the training pitch.,😉
I was wondering if Hibs players had maybe been practicing penalties last week at training in case it was a draw after extra time, possibly along with coaches it was decided that trying to put the penalty high and wide of Gordon was the best option

SlovSam

VIP Member
Registered
I was wondering if Hibs players had maybe been practicing penalties last week at training in case it was a draw after extra time, possibly along with coaches it was decided that trying to put the penalty high and wide of Gordon was the best option
Its a more difficult technique but you may well be right as I am not going to doubt Hibs would have been practising pens all week.

It took these arch penalty bottle merchants England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿to finally work out after 25 years that if you play the percentages and hit hard and low you will always score 4/5 out of 5.

England v Columbia in Russia World Cup is a great example of every England player coming up for his kick knowing his precise corner and all went for power.

Of course Germany 🇩🇪 had worked this all out in the 1970's.

I am off at a boring tangent as I really should be thinking about what color of sweater Jack will wear on Friday night.

Light blue number perhaps and yes still hurting very bad😉

Last edited:

Zab

Admin
VIP Member
Registered

Instead and understandbly since he is so young and inexperienced at this level his head told him to try something very different in this case a more difficult placement to the top corner.😔.

Nisbet 100% changed his mind when he faced up to Gordon, that was his mistake. Low and hard would have still beaten the big lanky streak of pish.

moathibby

VIP Member
Registered

He was maybe thinking Gordon's on top form, this will beat him.

tricky

VIP Member
Registered

Gordon’s penalty record is atrocious I’m sure...just stick it in the corner

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
VIP Member
Registered
Nisbet 100% changed his mind when he faced up to Gordon, that was his mistake. Low and hard would have still beaten the big lanky streak of pish.

common tactic now is for managers to tell the player where to put a penalty.

surprisingly effective too as it takes the decision out of the players hands so he can concentrate on the execution.

I don’t have any inside info on hibs penalty tactics

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£130.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks