Should Certain Players Be Rested On Saturday?

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
For me this season is now all about in terms of priorities 1, Winning the Scottish Cup and 2, Securing 3rd place.

St Johnstone on Saturday will be difficult. I'd say they're favourites to win their semi-final against St Mirren. So if we get passed Dundee United then it'll be them again at Hampden.

In the League Cup semi-final earlier this year we collapsed in the second half but first half we were by far the better side.

So on Saturday it's league business and we want the three points to secure third place. However, with one eye on the following weeks semi-final against Dundee United I'd be tempted to rest one or two....

Martin Boyle on form is our best player. If he produces at Hampden a couple of times in May then I'm confident this summer will be very special.... So I'd have him a sub on Saturday. Christian Doidge doesn't score enough but his aerial presence will be needed at Hampden. I'd sub him. Likewise Porteous.

On Saturday I'd be hoping to play Cadden, Murphy & McGregor in their place.

Thoughts?

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
So we play a weakened team this weekend and gamble on no' getting gubbed next weekend ,
disnae sound like a good plan tae me.
For me we've got tae play our strongest possible team every game then if we can use subs, if we put a' our eggs in the Scottish cup basket we could end up wi' fuck all

moathibby

Legendary Radge
Apart from the Gogic missing problem; I say playing our strongest team. If I were to rest anyone I'd also swap Doig for Stevenson.

Goals&Glory

Well-Known Radge
For me no, no resting players UNLESS players are carrying any kind of knocks. Momentum is key and we need to keep it that way. Potentially 5 games left of the season and a big couple of weeks in front of us.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Need to play strongest team against saints If we win that or even draw and Don's dont win we can then rest players next 2 games. Cant gamble on hoping we get points against dons or huns

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
Resting players never seems to work out. Play the strongest 11 and keep the flow and rhythm going. We seem to be just hitting our stride now and playing decent football compared to earlier in the season.

cleanyman

Well-Known Radge
I would be bringing all the big guns off with 20 to go on Saturday

Cup is the priority now

DU played a weakened team the week before last and skelped Aberdeen easily. It can pay dividends.

AG1337

Well-Known Radge
Can we afford to gamble and play a “weakened” team on Saturday?

I think not, it is St Johnstone, not St Cuthbert’s we are playing. If we blew finishing third now, it would be gutting.

That said, we should have enough depth not to weaken the team by making the odd tweak to our starting line up or making sensible substitutions during the game.

Another consideration is that we are playing pretty decent stuff just now, players in form want to play every week, breaking the momentum could backfire.

C4MMY

Well-Known Radge
Strongest team possible. What if we play a weekend team this weekend and end up losing with a dodgy decision next weekend. We need to secure 3rd this weekend and a place in the final next weekend. After that we can rest players.

cleanyman

Well-Known Radge
Can we afford to gamble and play a “weakened” team on Saturday?

I think not, it is St Johnstone, not St Cuthbert’s we are playing. If we blew finishing third now, it would be gutting.

That said, we should have enough depth not to weaken the team by making the odd tweak to our starting line up or making sensible substitutions during the game.

Another consideration is that we are playing pretty decent stuff just now, players in form want to play every week, breaking the momentum could backfire.

If we win the cup it doesn't really matter where we finish

Also, third is in the bag

Aberdeen are crap

SUPPORT THE SITE!
May Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £25.00

Unread Posts