• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hogmanay Shaun Forever Match - 2023

tricky

Private Member
Reaction score
Hi

as some of you may have seen on a thread a while ago there is a plan to have a tribute football match for our lost brother Shaun McKinley on Hogmanay with participants from the bounce, St Patricks branch and Shaun's friends and family, it will also be a fundraiser for a cause of Big G's choice with every player making a donation plus bucket collections for spectators.

any other suggestions or help for fundraising such as a raffle would be welcome

The provisional venue is Leith Links at 2pm, the format will depend on numbers but it will either be a straightforward match or a mini tournament, I will arrange all equipment, refreshments etc.

the plan after will be to retire to the Bottom Shop for a pint or two

if interested in playing or coming along just reply to the thread

GGTTH

Robbie

1000127777.jpg

Hi

as some of you may have seen on a thread a while ago there is a plan to have a tribute football match for our lost brother Shaun McKinley on Hogmanay with participants from the bounce, St Patricks branch and Shaun's friends and family, it will also be a fundraiser for a cause of Big G's choice with every player making a donation plus bucket collections for spectators.

any other suggestions or help for fundraising such as a raffle would be welcome

The provisional venue is Leith Links at 2pm, the format will depend on numbers but it will either be a straightforward match or a mini tournament, I will arrange all equipment, refreshments etc.

the plan after will be to retire to the Bottom Shop for a pint or two

if interested in playing or coming along just reply to the thread

GGTTH

Robbie

Robbie

happy to give you the use of our facilities at Craigie if Links is not available.

Barry. Aye.

I'm in.

Sorry in advance, team mates.

Robbie

happy to give you the use of our facilities at Craigie if Links is not available.

Thanks Colin

Think you've already spoken to SKII Jnr. :hmmm
Believe there's two of them keen :thumbgrin

I'll pass on playing, but have sent a few emails around tonight for some prizes towards the raffle - I'll be in touch.

In terms of lending a helping hand in general to organise, count me in.

I'll pass on playing, but have sent a few emails around tonight for some prizes towards the raffle - I'll be in touch.

In terms of lending a helping hand in general to organise, count me in.

Thanks for that

How shite is tolerable in terms of playing ability? I was alright in my time, but I'm now a) 43, b) spectacularly unfit, and c) have dodgy hamstrings/calves.

How shite is tolerable in terms of playing ability? I was alright in my time, but I'm now a) 43, b) spectacularly unfit, and c) have dodgy hamstrings/calves.

Just a kickabout really so don't worry about fitness.

Come along to street soccer for a runabout in the meantime if you want, got sessions on every day.

Just a kickabout really so don't worry about fitness.

Come along to street soccer for a runabout in the meantime if you want, got sessions on every day.

Oooooh. Maybe even organise me a bespoke fitness regime?! :giggle:

Hias some of you may have seen on a thread a while ago there is a plan to have a tribute football match for our lost brother Shaun McKinley on Hogmanay with participants from the bounce, St Patricks branch and Shaun's friends and family, it will also be a fundraiser for a cause of Big G's choice with every player making a donation plus bucket collections for spectators.any other suggestions or help for fundraising such as a raffle would be welcomeThe provisional venue is Leith Links at 2pm, the format will depend on numbers but it will either be a straightforward match or a mini tournament, I will arrange all equipment, refreshments etc.the plan after will be to retire to the Bottom Shop for a pint or twoif interested in playing or coming along just reply to the thread GGTTHRobbie
I’m never one to turn down a game of footy as you know Robbie. I didn’t know Shaun but was moved by his story. I’m happy to get involved but wouldn’t like to take the place of someone who is more deserving. Let me know how you get on with numbers and we can take it from there.

I’m never one to turn down a game of footy as you know Robbie. I didn’t know Shaun but was moved by his story. I’m happy to get involved but wouldn’t like to take the place of someone who is more deserving. Let me know how you get on with numbers and we can take it from there.

You are in, will bring down average age of bounce select at least

bounce squad coming together

me, Aggie, southfield, Power, dmn1989, SK11's sons

wonder if @wee_162 would consider a comeback

think [MENTION=2252]shepdogg[/MENTION] was the poster who was going to recruit Shaun's pals

Absolutely would have played, but on a train up to Aviemore at 4 :doh

Will get something in for the raffle.

Stick my name down for the bounce select tricky
Fuck knows how long I will last bit like aggie is saying I was decent in my day but at 45 I might be pushing it

I'll pull on the boots and gloves for this one.

I'll pull on the boots and gloves for this one.

We thought you'd left the country :detective:

Welcome back:thumbgrin

Fuck knows how long I will last bit like aggie is saying I was decent in my day but at 45 I might be pushing it

nice one pal, and Stew too.

bounce team coming together

Brilliant stuff, I'll speak to Shaun's pals and get back with numbers. Cheers

Nice one Shep. Woof!

BIG G

Hi everyone,
I'll be in Edimburgh for new years day with my pal Davide with ours girlfriends and, mostly, with our Italy-Hibs flag.
He lands at 3 pm on hogmanay, how long will the event go on? Will it be worth if he comes to Leith Links directly from the airport?

If there is a place on the field for me, I'll be very honoured to play.

Cheers,
Giulio

Hi everyone,
I'll be in Edimburgh for new years day with my pal Davide with ours girlfriends and, mostly, with our Italy-Hibs flag.
He lands at 3 pm on hogmanay, how long will the event go on? Will it be worth if he comes to Leith Links directly from the airport?

If there is a place on the field for me, I'll be very honoured to play.

Cheers,
Giulio

Guessing it will be finished by 4pm..welcome to play if you can make it also welcome in the pub which is beside Leith Links

IIRC a boy who dingied a trial with Dundee when about 18 for an away trip to watch Hibs Brechin in the Scottish Cup :yas:

IIRC a boy who dingied a trial with Dundee when about 18 for an away trip to watch Hibs Brechin in the Scottish Cup :yas:

Fancy ‘sharing’ a spot with me Al? Rolling subs utilising the poachers role?

Fancy ‘sharing’ a spot with me Al? Rolling subs utilising the poachers role?

Aiming for a big squad with rolling subs..

Guessing it will be finished by 4pm..welcome to play if you can make it also welcome in the pub which is beside Leith Links
Count me in. If it's an information needed I'm a centre forward/winger. I can adapt as a left/right back I'm not that good in those positions. My friend and his missus will join in the pub. Can't wait!

I've got 11 names as it stands

Should get a few more

I've got 11 names as it stands

Should get a few more

Kev playing in goals?

Kev playing in goals?
He's been asked!

We thought you'd left the country :detective:

Welcome back:thumbgrin

I'm a busy guy :giggle:

Count me in. If it's an information needed I'm a centre forward/winger. I can adapt as a left/right back I'm not that good in those positions. My friend and his missus will join in the pub. Can't wait!

Bit contenital flair to the bounce side
Or maybe a bit Italian skulduggery?
I'm looking forward to this myself mate and delighted it's roll on roll off subs

all looking good for Shaun's game thanks for the responses.

at the moment it's a two team event but if there is more interest will extend to a mini tournament.

was thinking full 11 a sides may be unwise and would use the 7 a side goals and play about 8 a side with rolling subs.

if folk are really keen for 11s am happy to do that also ( just won't leave centre circle )

any refs on here??

all looking good for Shaun's game thanks for the responses.at the moment it's a two team event but if there is more interest will extend to a mini tournament.was thinking full 11 a sides may be unwise and would use the 7 a side goals and play about 8 a side with rolling subs.if folk are really keen for 11s am happy to do that also ( just won't leave centre circle )any refs on here??
One of my good mates from work is a Ref. I could say to him if he could do us a turn if required. You can let me know and I’ll ask the question

I'm at 18 names now

I'm at 18 names now

Quality Shep.

BIG G

I'm at 18 names now

Good stuff, might even have enough for a four team mini tournament

If you need an extra pair of hands I can play (GK or at the back)

Happy to play if there’s enough space left?

no bother whiskas and leitchy more the merrier

might stretch to two bounce teams and two from Shaun's pals which would make for a good wee tourney

i

This thread has been viewed 86316 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back