• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Season Tickets

JFP

Unrepentant Fenian Bastard
Private Member
Reaction score
When do we think these will come out for next season ?
Looking at the Scottish government new levels pdf level 0 would mean 2000 fans inside stadiums although 12,000 allowed in hampden for the euros

The next few weeks were mentioned at the AGM.

If we were to spread fans out across the stadium it could work but how do you ensure people don't all huddle together inside the stands. Secondly the large crowds of people that assemble in the street as well. I can't say I fancy wearing a mask for 2-3 hours at a time to watch a game.

Even with vaccinations this is going to be a problem for the next year or two, maybe longer.

If we were to spread fans out across the stadium it could work but how do you ensure people don't all huddle together inside the stands. Secondly the large crowds of people that assemble in the street as well. I can't say I fancy wearing a mask for 2-3 hours at a time to watch a game.

Even with vaccinations this is going to be a problem for the next year or two, maybe longer.
If thats the case makes me think if its worth it or not.

I'm as skint as my knees used to be at Primary School.'Fraid I'll be walking up next season.if we ever get back.

If thats the case makes me think if its worth it or not.
I'll probably still buy a season ticket to be honest. If the club are showing ambition I don't mind backing them whether I can be there or not. Just hard to see a packed Easter Road for a long time.

11,000 season tickets into a 21,000 capacity stadium isn't going to work for a very long time as the 3rd Covid wave ( hopefully very much reduced) must hit again around September/October making the winter season very debatable as to what are the numbers allowed.🤔

I have been impressed by Hibs ambition to hold onto players just for that extra 6 months before Porto and Nissy inevitably move on in the summer and am quite comfortable that 'Ron the Con" is actually anything but and is in fact a very responsible and reasonably ambitious owner.✅

Shelling out £420 roughly for a season ticket is therefore OK for me but I would like an upfront statement as to how Hibs plan to accommodate lets say 10,000 fans over the course of a season and how they plan to structure the return and balance all the different supporter groups by age/location/corporate etc.

It can only be very rough and ready as it all depends on the moving target of Covid and the Government regulations in place but I don't think Hibs should be asking for a blank cheque this time around.🤔

Last edited:
I think from watching the AGM that the club thinking is some of us back in "the fall" and the rest early next year. I'm not so sure that with Hibs Pass with David Tanner and some other add-ons that it's going to succeed in persuading us all to renew against that. Which is a shame as I've no doubt Ron Gordon wants to invest higher in the playing squad....

I'm going to stick my neck out and say there'll be no capacity restrictions at ER by end of August. I actually think all restrictions will be lifted by end July but I'd be looking for longer odds on that one. Israel are pretty close to being able to lift all restrictions and they're not that far ahead of us in vaccinations.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say there'll be no capacity restrictions at ER by end of August. I actually think all restrictions will be lifted by end July but I'd be looking for longer odds on that one. Israel are pretty close to being able to lift all restrictions and they're not that far ahead of us in vaccinations.
I hope this is the case. Vaccinations will be done by then and what else is there to do.

I hope this is the case. Vaccinations will be done by then and what else is there to do.

We are facing a serious third wave....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210414_185613.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414_185613.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 106
Surly the vaccinations will help with the third wave . Is that not the whole point

I think so tae.

I don't mind them telling little porkies to try to stop folk going daft. I do think we need to ca' canny till the vaccine is rolled out further and if messages like that help Canada then fair enough.

I have been hearing quite a bit of discussion about the possibility of fans having to get a negative Covid test done or a vaccine passport in order for crowds to return to mass events like football matches and concerts. I seriously hope it doesn't come to that or we really are opening up a can of worms.

If however it came to the choice between the two I would hope the vaccine passport would be sufficient. The idea that thousands of football fans are going to have to get tested before they will be allowed to go to Easter Road doesn't seem realistic in my view. To be honest, I don't think I would bother going back.

Season ticket sales for 2021/22 are going to have to be marketed very cleverly in order for fans to respond in the way we want. The sheer uncertainty at the moment about the future is our biggest problem.

I do however share the optimism from some that things will more or less be back to normal by late summer/Autumn. The vaccine roll-out will really have taken effect by then along with better treatments for Covid. The key thing is to avoid people getting really ill with the virus and having to go into hospital and worst of all dying.

People will get Covid and it's assorted variants forever more. It's going to be unavoidable. I wish the powers that be would be straight with people about this. What we have to reduce to the absolute minimum is people getting seriously ill with it and having to be hospitalised. That's what surge localised testing, better treatments and vaccines (of which there are four of now) are supposed to prevent, and I think they will.

Please don’t shoot the messenger but I was talking to a friend who works at the Wellcome Trust. She said that last summer’s rise in C19 cases was partly down to people bringing the virus back from summer holidays - amazingly something like 30% of new cases at that time could be traced to folk coming back from a handful of Greek islands - Zante was one of the worst offenders (not sure if this was UK wide or more regional). She says if the UK government allow international travel this summer then it’s likely we will see the rapid spread of the South African / Brazil variant here (as well as others). If that’s the case we should expect new lockdowns in the autumn/winter and potentially another 50 thousand + deaths. So no or limited crowds at the football.

Please don’t shoot the messenger but I was talking to a friend who works at the Wellcome Trust. She said that last summer’s rise in C19 cases was partly down to people bringing the virus back from summer holidays - amazingly something like 30% of new cases at that time could be traced to folk coming back from a handful of Greek islands - Zante was one of the worst offenders (not sure if this was UK wide or more regional). She says if the UK government allow international travel this summer then it’s likely we will see the rapid spread of the South African / Brazil variant here (as well as others). If that’s the case we should expect new lockdowns in the autumn/winter and potentially another 50 thousand + deaths. So no or limited crowds at the football.

Scaremongering

We have the vaccine now

Anywau back to season tickets. Anyoen see the image this morning? Could get tetchy....

Scaremongering

We have the vaccine now

Anywau back to season tickets. Anyoen see the image this morning? Could get tetchy....
What image ?

Scaremongering

We have the vaccine now

This one? 🤷‍♂️

5EF01924-84BD-4D20-98C0-B5939C0C7F8D.jpeg

I really hope your right. But vaccinations don’t stop spread, and may have limited effectiveness after say six months I think I read. I’m worried we may not see progress for well I don’t really know.

Yet the london variation caused the 2nd wave i believe. I may be wrong but sure i read that. So basically as much chance if catching holidaying in UK 🤷‍♂️

I’m confident we’ll be back in Easter Road in August. Augustvif which year though, that’s probably a more pertinent question

Price freeze for next season 👍 is the good silver and bronze pricing just area of ground your seat is ?

Price freeze for next season 👍 is the good silver and bronze pricing just area of ground your seat is ?
Yeah based on your seat in the ground, they introduced tiered pricing at the start of this season.

Yeah based on your seat in the ground, they introduced tiered pricing at the start of this season.
Cheers, just didn't know if it meant category games etc

Scaremongering

We have the vaccine now

1618742989877.png

Where is this on the website.
Cant find it haha

Where is this on the website.
Cant find it haha
It’s not on the website.
Not any more.

It’s not on the website.
Not any more.
That explains it then 😄

My seat is in a bronze area and theres nothing there that interests me
wouldnt have minded watching a training session
so just need to get my 20% off getting my clackerbag shaved

View media item 517
Do we get to attend any live matches.❓🤔😉.

Its quite a good idea to quantify all the benefits and even though its only a few I dislike discriminating against Bronze/Silver season tickets holders for any reason.

Anyone who shells out that sort of money should be treated equally for all benefits even the daft ones.🤔

View media item 517
Do we get to attend any live matches.❓🤔😉.

Its quite a good idea to quantify all the benefits and even though its only a few I dislike discriminating against Bronze/Silver season tickets holders for any reason.

Anyone who shells out that sort of money should be treated equally for all benefits even the daft
Bronze season ticket holder should get the same as Gold & Silver. They are season ticket holders who;

a) canny justify the cost of Silver / Gold
b) canny get the seat they want in Silver & Gold.

The "benefits" should be open to all Season Ticket Holder imho.... otherwise it goes against our founding ethos.... can children no get tae see an open training session at Easter Road for example because the parent/ carer cannae stretch the budget? loadypash hibs

Bit disappointed newbies will get priority over we long term dafties for away tickets.
I don't take up the 'away season ticket'.

Bit disappointed newbies will get priority over we long term dafties for away tickets.
I don't take up the 'away season ticket'.

Well you should.

Anyone buying a season ticket in the current financial climate, especially those 11,500 who did so for this season 2020/2021 and got into Easter Road ZERO times should absolutely NOT be being asked to decide between various categories. ALL season ticket holders who renew or buy should get ALL the perks ESPECIALLY as there's NO guarantee that we will get in our seats anytime soon.

Anyone buying a season ticket in the current financial climate, especially those 11,500 who did so for this season 2020/2021 and got into Easter Road ZERO times should absolutely NOT be being asked to decide between various categories. ALL season ticket holders who renew or buy should get ALL the perks ESPECIALLY as there's NO guarantee that we will get in our seats anytime soon.
A hard decision without having any clue what may happen and when . Its not down to Hibs but another £500 to watch on a laptop ??

Agreed, I'm not exactly thrilled that I've suddenly become a second class season ticket holder just because the area of the stadium I've sat in for nine years has been allocated "bronze" pricing. I didn't get any perks for eight years of having a supposedly "inferior" seat. I only started sitting there as I didn't think that my then eight year old laddie would particularly like sitting in the East (he was a sensitive soul in those days, how times change...)

I thought the whole purpose of the tiered pricing was to try to better spread the demand for seats around the whole stadium. So what's the point of now adding perks to tempt people back to the busy parts?

Whatever anyone says about Leeann Dempster, loyalty points etc, she would never have stood for this kind of division between loyal ST holders.

So reports are corporate season types will be given priority over pleb season ticket holders for admission when some restrictions are lifted? If true they can fuckin ram their two tier season ticket offer.

I’ve always thought it off corporate types automatically got tickets to Away games without having the internet scramble for Ibrox,Parkheid and Tynie.

Money talks and always has done at fitba.

I’ve always thought it off corporate types automatically got tickets to Away games without having the internet scramble for Ibrox,Parkheid and Tynie.

Money talks and always has done at fitba.
A guy I know has a single Corporate thingy, the cheaper buffet and half time pie and gets two tickets I believe. No idea how may are aquired by a business who have a table of 10 with the full monty three course and bevvy .

BIG G

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 28624 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50