Scott Allan

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
There seems to be just too many rumours on a similar theme for there not to be something in this.
I'm not expecting to see him back playing again and I'm truly saddened by that.
One of the best players I've seen in a Hibs jersey, and I wish he'd been in our 2016 team, as he deserves to be a legend.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
There seems to be just too many rumours on a similar theme for there not to be something in this.
One of the best players I've seen in a Hibs jersey, and I wish he'd been in our 2016 team, as he deserves to be a legend.

I am still hoping that there's no truth in these rumours. He's been a fantastic player for us. The online abuse especially on social media is absolutely revolting. As an aside are clubs insured for these kind of things? I'd like to think the club will properly look after any player unwell but I'd like to think we too are protected.

Hibee Kev

Well-Known Radge
Heard this from a few sources now, obviously pray there is nothing in it. On his game he is arguably our best player.

FTJT

Well-Known Radge
Seen the rumours. I'd prefer to think it's fake ITK whatsapp nonsense that bounced off twitter and into actual human discussions, but gutting if not.

If this is the end of the road for him as a player, I'm hopeful the club will look after him for what comes next, whether that's within the game or not. Could be a pretty dark period for the lad.

Zab

Admin

His contribution to that great day was facilitating the arrivals of Dylan McGeouch & Liam Henderson.

Shame he never got to lift a trophy for Hibs, but hopefully these rumours aren’t true and he does.

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
I am still hoping that there's no truth in these rumours. He's been a fantastic player for us. The online abuse especially on social media is absolutely revolting. As an aside are clubs insured for these kind of things? I'd like to think the club will properly look after any player unwell but I'd like to think we too are protected.

Abuse?
Jesus. Some real sad fucks out there in the cyber world.
Players have their own insurance to guard against career ending injury etc. It's too much of a possibility to ignore it.
What the sum assured is will depend on the policy and how much is input. It's possible that clubs will contribute to that too, but I've no idea if that's the case at Hibs.
Our club has a (recent) history of looking after players who hit hard times for one reason or another. Wasn't always the case.
I'm sure the present regime will do what they can for Scott if indeed the rumours are true.
Like you, I hope there's nothing in the rumour.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
Abuse?
Jesus. Some real sad fucks out there in the cyber world.
Players have their own insurance to guard against career ending injury etc. It's too much of a possibility to ignore it.
What the sum assured is will depend on the policy and how much is input. It's possible that clubs will contribute to that too, but I've no idea if that's the case at Hibs.
Our club has a (recent) history of looking after players who hit hard times for one reason or another. Wasn't always the case.
I'm sure the present regime will do what they can for Scott if indeed the rumours are true.
Like you, I hope there's nothing in the rumour.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200930_125758.jpg
    Screenshot_20200930_125758.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 139

hoppy/hibee.

Just A Radge
Very sad news,really liked him as a player..but just thank god they caught it early,doesn’t bare thinking about what could have happened..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sauzee 1875

Well-Known Radge
Was hoping not true but seems to be. So sad. Main thing is the guy has got his life and hope he will see all the comments of how much he meant to the hibs family.
Once all this mess over I hope he walks out to a full veiw off the east and a packed stadium to get the applause he so rightly deserves

cleanyman

Well-Known Radge
All the best Scott

I hope he can carve out another career for himself. He's still a very young man

Thanks for the memories

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Those 4 years at Celtc will stand him in good stead if this is confirmed officially.

Thankfully there will be an insurance policy in place for the player.

Coming up for 29 so he’s in a better position than plenty based on his age and achievements in the game.

Hibs have seen the best of Scott Allan and I’m sure he will have fond memories of his time at the club and the we will definitely make sure he leaves on good terms and is recognised for his service.

Pretty sure with his experience, skills and what he achieved whilst managing diabetes he would have a lot to offer in coaching/mentoring youngsters.

Sad that he may not retire on his terms though as would still have a lot to offer ?

Last edited:
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
March Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £00.00

Unread Posts