Scotland's best song ever..VOTE

Hibee Kev

VIP Member
Registered
SoL from the options given but c'mon?! Nothing from The Associates, Rezillos, The Skids, Idlewild, Jesus and the Mary Chain, The Pastels, Belle and Sebastian, Cocteau Twins, Mogwai, The Vaselines, Teenage Fanclub, Frightened Rabbit, Twilight Sad....

Also, given the fact Primal Scream are on the list despite not being completely Scottish, could we claim Garbage, AC/DC and Talking Heads too?

Its all a bit vanilla, innit?

Some great suggestions in there. I'd also add to that list Biffy Clyro and Aberfeldy. Actually surprised Biffy don't make the list given they've been Scotland's biggest band for the past 10 years or so - "Bubbles" would probably be the track I'd nominate.

Beagle

Donator
VIP Member
Registered
I've met Jackie. Scarily thin woman.
Claire ... yes.
Not as scarily thin as that lassie that does the weather on Reporting Scotland occasionally. She’s got arms longer than Stretch Armstrong.
Also I once met Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher in Star Trek TNG) again a scarily thin wummin.
Given a choice of Union Jackie, Claire Grogan or, as someone suggested, Lorraine Kelly? I’d have to say Aye

Beagle

Donator
VIP Member
Registered
SoL from the options given but c'mon?! Nothing from The Associates, Rezillos, The Skids, Idlewild, Jesus and the Mary Chain, The Pastels, Belle and Sebastian, Cocteau Twins, Mogwai, The Vaselines, Teenage Fanclub, Frightened Rabbit, Twilight Sad....

Also, given the fact Primal Scream are on the list despite not being completely Scottish, could we claim Garbage, AC/DC and Talking Heads too?

Its all a bit vanilla, innit?
What about pre-Garbage? Goodbye Mr MacKenzie originally formed in Bathgate

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Registered
Sunshine on Leith, all day, every day

Its on the radio right now
Forth 2

While the chief 🎵🎵

tricky

VIP Member
Registered
Some great suggestions in there. I'd also add to that list Biffy Clyro and Aberfeldy. Actually surprised Biffy don't make the list given they've been Scotland's biggest band for the past 10 years or so - "Bubbles" would probably be the track I'd nominate.

Singer from Aberfeldy a Hibby and regular in Robbies bar

Who is going to do Scotland’s song for the Euros?

Hibee Kev

VIP Member
Registered
Singer from Aberfeldy a Hibby and regular in Robbies bar

Who is going to do Scotland’s song for the Euros?

Riley Briggs - chatted to him once in the old Port o' Leith, was one of the crazy nights with folk dancing on the tables and bars and stuff! Wasn't aware he was a Hibby though.

Wonder if it'll be someone like Gerry Cinnamon for the official Scotland anthem?

Hibee Kev

VIP Member
Registered
Suspect that young lassie from bonnyrigg who posted that cover of Yes Sir I can boogie will get the gig...hibby too.
You’re probably right. Baccara the original artist were on Talksport the other day saying (not surprisingly) they’d also be up for it 😂

Jack

Legend
VIP Member
Registered
"Ewen Cameron in the Morning collated the most popular suggestions and included them in a list of the Top 20."

Says it all and the reason there's hardly a decent tune on the list! Ewen Cameron is a gunt , a baffoon of epic proportions - no taste.

The Fishy Hibby of Marillion fame is probably Scotlands biggest rock star.

He's about 6' 9" - without his hat!

NGP

A message to you, radge
VIP Member
Registered
Not as scarily thin as that lassie that does the weather on Reporting Scotland occasionally. She’s got arms longer than Stretch Armstrong.

I have named her 'The Giraffe'.
Re Scottish music, as has been said some major talent has been missed. I'm an 80s guy, so Jesus and the Marychain, Pastels, BMX Bandits etc for me.

hibbiemacfie

Registered
Also I once met Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher in Star Trek TNG) again a scarily thin wummin.
Given a choice of Union Jackie, Claire Grogan or, as someone suggested, Lorraine Kelly? I’d have to say Aye
I know the the girl you are referring to as she's from Oban. Painfully thin and looks more scary in real life. I won't mention her name but she shares it with a Scottish tyre inventor.

Jack

Legend
VIP Member
Registered
Mrs Jackie and I went to the "Rip It Up - The story of Scottish Pop" which was on at Chambers Street Museum a couple of years back. We thought it was excellent with lots a interesting stuff.

If you have a time machine I'd highly recommend it :music:

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Registered
All these songs are Reflections of my Life.

Hallelujah Freedom!

One of the finest songs ever to come out of Scotland, Larry. Played it on the Bounce over the past 20 years. Brilliant, poignant as hell. Though I guess it would be banned today because of the gollywog on the drum kit.

BIG G

Plasticman

VIP Member
Registered
I dont like to be pedantic, well I do, but thats two of you on this link now talking about a band called "Jesus and the Mary Chain". Who the fuck are they? Ive seen THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN loads of times and they are great. (Oh and what a load of mor shite people seem to like .. but each to their own)

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£130.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks