Scotland's best song ever..VOTE

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
VIP Member
Registered
Actually Big country is also a great song, Baker st also kept Gerry Rafferty from going hungry for many years

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
VIP Member
Registered
I think there's much better Scottish songs than the ones selected. Paul Johnston once of these parts, ran an excellent poll about 13 years ago - Party Fears Two came out top.

DarrenSQH

Legend
VIP Member
Registered
Does Calvin Harris count cos he's probably had some of the biggest songs this century.

hibbiemacfie

Registered
Scotland's greatest song? More like the most popular song that made it into charts and is well known. Everybody has probably a favourite Scottish song that means most to them. For example I suggest 'Anthem' by SAHB. When Scotland wins it's independance 'Anthem' could be the national 'Anthem'. Probably just the melodic parts though. Controversial comments late in the evening.:ok:

Two Headed Boy

VIP Member
Registered
SoL from the options given but c'mon?! Nothing from The Associates, Rezillos, The Skids, Idlewild, Jesus and the Mary Chain, The Pastels, Belle and Sebastian, Cocteau Twins, Mogwai, The Vaselines, Teenage Fanclub, Frightened Rabbit, Twilight Sad....

Also, given the fact Primal Scream are on the list despite not being completely Scottish, could we claim Garbage, AC/DC and Talking Heads too?

Its all a bit vanilla, innit?

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Registered
Scotland's greatest song? More like the most popular song that made it into charts and is well known. Everybody has probably a favourite Scottish song that means most to them. For example I suggest 'Anthem' by SAHB. When Scotland wins it's independance 'Anthem' could be the national 'Anthem'. Probably just the melodic parts though. Controversial comments late in the evening.:ok:
Absolutely brilliant. Dinnae even dislike the bagpipes on this, though I hate bagpipes in general. I have played it on the Bounce before.

BIG G

SuperTortolano

VIP Member
Registered
Can I throw in Lorraine Kelly. As a lad everyone was in to Denise Van Outen in the morning.... Fuck that, Lorraine Kelly was my go to :lookaround:

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Legend
VIP Member
Registered
They’ll be Comin Doon the Road? If it’s no the best it’s the most sung.

Admin
Legend
VIP Member
Registered
Sunshine on Leith for me, every time.

Second would probably be Dignity or something by Paulo Nutella?

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£130.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks