Scotland v Israel

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £35.00

Admin
I am back at Hampden at Saturday, first time since Sweden Ukrania in the Euros. I have a love/ hate relationship with attendance at Scotland games, got my laddies hooked at the wee and big home games, and as they have gotten older they are both patriotic Scots (and nationalists) just like their Dad and will be sitting beside me on Saturday in the South Stand Upper at Easter Road West.

I am also going on the lash in the weej with my boys and their pals, first time since I caught that bastard covid and I am looking forward to it although I fear I may have become a two can dan. Quick pint in Glasgow town centre meeting No 1 son who lives there and awaiting the arrival of No 2 from his home in the Dee. We have a table booked in a bar on the south side, where we will meet my sons pals, who are all Hibs and Celtc fans, I expect carnage around me. I also expect to pay a) in rounds and b) the next day! Some of you might remember Bomber (Sunshine on Leith) who posted here, I modelled my laddies fitba following development (and much of their musical tastes) on the good work he did with his laddies. It worked.

Fitba wise, much like Hibs, I go with hope but expect disappointment. As I get older I look for the simple things, Nissy having a good game, Super John showing the world how good he is, Scotland winning, no missing the last train home and wakening up before my stop.

Anyone else heading along and is so, what are your plans.

Hibee Kev

Legendary Radge
I am back at Hampden at Saturday, first time since Sweden Ukrania in the Euros. I have a love/ hate relationship with attendance at Scotland games, got my laddies hooked at the wee and big home games, and as they have gotten older they are both patriotic Scots (and nationalists) just like their Dad and will be sitting beside me on Saturday in the South Stand Upper at Easter Road West.

I am also going on the lash in the weej with my boys and their pals, first time since I caught that bastard covid and I am looking forward to it although I fear I may have become a two can dan. Quick pint in Glasgow town centre meeting No 1 son who lives there and awaiting the arrival of No 2 from his home in the Dee. We have a table booked in a bar on the south side, where we will meet my sons pals, who are all Hibs and Celtc fans, I expect carnage around me. I also expect to pay a) in rounds and b) the next day! Some of you might remember Bomber (Sunshine on Leith) who posted here, I modelled my laddies fitba following development (and much of their musical tastes) on the good work he did with his laddies. It worked.

Fitba wise, much like Hibs, I go with hope but expect disappointment. As I get older I look for the simple things, Nissy having a good game, Super John showing the world how good he is, Scotland winning, no missing the last train home and wakening up before my stop.

In Doha for 4 weeks with work, will be watching it in the Holiday Inn Sports Bar. Would’ve likely been at Hampden otherwise 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Admin
In Doha for 4 weeks with work, will be watching it in the Holiday Inn Sports Bar. Would’ve likely been at Hampden otherwise 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Been in there, its decent. What is a pint in and out of happy hour there nowadays? My main haunt was happy hour in Champions Sports Bar at the Marriott where I would meet the late Brian fi Qatar (RIP) to talk for hours about Hibs, Edinburgh and the Blessed Margaret Sinclair whilst drinking our weight in some kiddy on Irish Heavy.

I used to drink out looking onto a Marina on the edge of town too, forgotten the name now, it was nice once you got passed the price of a pint on UK wages when all your workmates were earning 5 times as much!

Hibee Kev

Legendary Radge
Been in there, its decent. What is a pint in and out of happy hour there nowadays? My main haunt was happy hour in Champions Sports Bar at the Marriott where I would meet the late Brian fi Qatar (RIP) to talk for hours about Hibs, Edinburgh and the Blessed Margaret Sinclair whilst drinking our weight in some kiddy on Irish Heavy.

I used to drink out looking onto a Marina on the edge of town too, forgotten the name now, it was nice once you got passed the price of a pint on UK wages when all your workmates were earning 5 times as much!
This is the first time I’ve been back since Covid, it’s roughly a tenner a pint or 7 quid during happy hour(s). I’ve not been to the Marriott, might have to check it out! I’ve only ever stayed in the holiday inn, the Radisson Blu, or one of the hotels in Al Khor close to Ras Laffan.

Don’t mind Qatar in comparison to some of the shitholes I get sent to, obviously their record on slavery with the World Cup approaching is shameful 😒 Still can’t believe they’re hosting a World Cup, it’s not big enough?

tricky

Legendary Radge
Heading through as always with a few other Hibs fans and meeting my Inverness supporting cousin and his lad ( who attends that school where nick walsh teaches PE which I’ll grill him about )
Italian restaurant at shawlands booked for 2pm

The late lamented Iron Horse a big miss for Scotland games

Admin
Heading through as always with a few other Hibs fans and meeting my Inverness supporting cousin and his lad ( who attends that school where nick walsh teaches PE which I’ll grill him about )
Italian restaurant at shawlands booked for 2pm

The late lamented Iron Horse a big miss for Scotland games

I am not far from you in the Linen 19something.

aggie

Justified Radge

How is Bomber? Used to see him outside the Iona a lot.

CJRRHibs

A Radge Private Member
Heading through, about 12 train. Was meant to be me my son and daughter but she's stuck in Salford. So my BIL stepping in. All hibees and will be the usual dissection of everything good and bad about us. No booked in anywhere, Big game tomorrow, here's hoping for a good result.

tricky

Legendary Radge
Heading through, about 12 train. Was meant to be me my son and daughter but she's stuck in Salford. So my BIL stepping in. All hibees and will be the usual dissection of everything good and bad about us. No booked in anywhere, Big game tomorrow, here's hoping for a good result.

Victoria Road usually a decent bet before, few pubs and plenty cafes etc and can walk up to Hampden

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Absolute must-win game for Scotland.
I think we are going to have to be patient though, Israel will be tough to beat.
Hope Kevin Nisbet gets some game time.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Going through on the train with StickyRicky,straight to the game but might have a few after while the boxing is on before catching the train home.

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
Now and again , I feel a nap bet on the fitba. A super confident , nae doubt in my mind feeling. I honestly had it before SDG day. I have the same vibe. Scotland will triumph on Saturday. A surprisingly comfortable bigG 3 zero.
Poor Rocky will have a sair back 🤪

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
My daughter is dragging me there on Saturday, tickets in the north. I’ll probably head up in the afternoon and get lunch, this is her first big game at hampden.

Admin
How is Bomber? Used to see him outside the Iona a lot.

Not spoke to him in person since Covid, seen him walk past at Tannadice but was too far away to chat. Natter with him on Facebook occasionally, he is as dapper as ever, still loves his mod, soul and jazz music, makes a braw Friday night tea and I think he is moving to a new house in Leith soon?

WJC1848

Just A Radge
Usual routine for wife and me. Head out to Abington Services area and get something to eat there, although it's nowhere near as good as it used to be. Up the M74 to the Rutherglen turnoff, and then a wee rat run to park at Kerrycroy Avenue. If our defence stays solid, (Where have we heard that before?) I think we'll win, as long as Clarke disnae play silly buggers with his line-up.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Not spoke to him in person since Covid, seen him walk past at Tannadice but was too far away to chat. Natter with him on Facebook occasionally, he is as dapper as ever, still loves his mod, soul and jazz music, makes a braw Friday night tea and I think he is moving to a new house in Leith soon?

He was always a snazzy dresser. Used to put most of the drinkers in the Jinglin' Geordie to shame on a Friday night when I was the manager there.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here