• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Scotland game

No problem seeing the egg chasers on the Beeb though!

Encouraging signs of continued improvement from Scotland.
It is a shame that our best goal scorer can't get near the squad, he really needs to come home and enjoy his football again.
He's earned good money at Celtic but mentally for whatever reason he has struggled.Probably out of the picture at Celtic by the incoming management.Come home for the remainder of your career where you will be appreciated, enjoy your football in a decent squad as a Hibs supporter!

Watched the last half hour, great viewing and another 90+2 moment tae win it, well 80+2 but still brilliant. Scots boy sent off wi a straight red for a fore arm on the chest?, which I thought a bit soft. French boy sent off for 2 yellaes. Think that’s the first time we have beat them since McFaddens rocket aboot 15 year ago. That’s 2 games in 2 days and a draw against Austria and a win against France, well played Scotland!

Another fairly open game tonight, but Israel with all the real chances. Poor finishing keeping us in the tie for now.

Too many changes up the park for us imo.

What a goal from Israel there though.
Ooft

Pains me to agree with the miserable tosser Davie Provan, but the goalie should have done better there

we have been poor first half, keeper shouldve saved it.

Pains me to agree with the miserable tosser Davie Provan, but the goalie should have done better there

Aye once I seen it from behind, he should've done better.
Could tell from his reaction on the ground too, Marshall knew it.

Scotland will need a new generation of players to get another tournament as this current lot - despite a great result in Serbia - are still pretty mediocre.

Marshall chucking that goal in didn’t help but we’re never troubling this group for top 2. Nothings changed.

Israel look far better than us
Been hanging on all game.

If we give Denmark that many chances, we'll get thumped.

Reactions: Zab
Aye once I seen it from behind, he should've done better.
Could tell from his reaction on the ground too, Marshall knew it.

Aye it was horrible goalkeeping from Marshall.

Israel look far better than us
Been hanging on all game.

Steve Clarke seems to want to have a ludicrous amount of midfielders on the pitch, his reluctance to play a proper 352 with two actual forwards is going to see us constantly on the back foot in games.

We have a few international class players now, more than we have had for quite a few years. However we don't have enough in order to be able to regularly punch above our weight as a nation on the international stage.

As I have said before until we unearth a reliable goalscorer at this level from somewhere we will continue to struggle. Griffiths is by far the best striker we have however he has made a great job of pissing his career down the bogs in the last few years. He needed to get focussed and get his head sorted out and he has failed to do so. Our other strikers are so sub standard we have now had to rope in another Englishman to help solve the never ending problem.

Central defence, we have never had an international class central defender since Richard Gough or possibly Colin Hendry.

This is our problem. Lack of enough players who are able to shine at that level.

We are playing catch up already in the group, and I really hope I am wrong but I will be very pleasantly surprised if we finished up in the top two of this group.

Scotland , as a team are improving I think.
It started off at a very low standard to be fair, but we do have a few decent players , backed up by journeyman . We have a manager who does strive to move on , and build. We have definitely been in worse positions . Israel are no mugs , they have a better keeper than us for starters.

4 games v Israel in the past 8 months and only one goal scored. That’s basically the level we are at, the Serbia game great as it was seems to have been a blip.

Someone needs to tell Steve Clarke qualifying matches can’t go to penalties!

Last edited:
I don't know if a draw last night is as big a disaster as the typically dour Scottish pundits are making it out to be. Yes three points would obviously have been better but there is a long way to go.

I think Denmark will quite easily top the group and a win for them on Wednesday along with a win for us against the Faroes will see us and Austria level. That's basically how need to keep it until the final games. Scotland were never going to glide into a qualification, and so far we have got two points where recent Scotland sides would have picked up zero.

I don't know if a draw last night is as big a disaster as the typically dour Scottish pundits are making it out to be. Yes three points would obviously have been better but there is a long way to go.

I think Denmark will quite easily top the group and a win for them on Wednesday along with a win for us against the Faroes will see us and Austria level. That's basically how need to keep it until the final games. Scotland were never going to glide into a qualification, and so far we have got two points where recent Scotland sides would have picked up zero.
Agree - all the pundits with havent won chat, should be havent lost I think.

A long way to go but we are playing catch-up after 2 games AGAIN. We might get second spot but we’re already reliant on - let’s face it - quite an improbable run of results to achieve that.

You have to win your home games in a qualifying campaign.

After dropping two points at Hampden against Austria in the first qualifying match, we really had to beat Israel in Tel Aviv and we failed to do that also.

Odds are now very much against Scotland qualifying for Qatar 2022 i'm afraid.

Last edited:
A long way to go but we are playing catch-up after 2 games AGAIN. We might get second spot but we’re already reliant on - let’s face it - quite an improbable run of results to achieve that.

We will need to see what happens tomorrow, but I would say the most improbable results would be the Faroes and Austria winning which is the opposite of what we want.

Scotland winning and Austria drawing or losing is more probable and either way we are second, a point clear or level respectively. Considering we have played Austria already, I just don't see how that is playing catch up unless you were expecting Scotland to win the group (I wasn't).

Of course we could make an absolute arse of it against the Faroes...

Scotland make an arse of it ??? C'mon THB,get a grip

Hoping to see Kevin Nisbet get some playing time tonight ideally alongside Adams who looks like an upgrade on Dykes 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Used to look forward to watching Scotland games - not at the moment I would rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

Hoping to see Kevin Nisbet get some playing time tonight ideally alongside Adams who looks like an upgrade on Dykes 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Me too, this is 'supposed' to be a straight win, would be the right time to try a couple players.

But he'll probably play Dykes so that he can up his scotland goal tally.

Can I justify getting up at 2:45am to watch this? If Nisbet was guaranteed getting some decent game time I would!

I think you're probably right, unfortunately

Can I justify getting up at 2:45am to watch this? If Nisbet was guaranteed getting some decent game time I would!

Dinnae bother, he is not starting.

Steve Clarke is a negative bar steward.Why not give Nisbet a game with Adams.Cannot be any worse than Mcburnie and Dykes.

Dinnae bother, he is not starting.

Don't think I'm gonna bother then.

yaaasss super john mcginn

Me too, this is 'supposed' to be a straight win, would be the right time to try a couple players.

If Dykes wants to up his goal tally he's going to have to waken up!

Get Nisbet on

McGregor has a shitload of caps for someone who’s never performed for us. Him and McLean sideways and backwards passes galore 😒

yaaaasss super john mcginn

My 4th son scores again. I love John McGinn.

Tierney playing CB and still playing better at left back than Robertson

cmon Nissy get a goal or 2

Reactions: DAM
Nisbet on!

KN started off well but fell out of it, playing next to McBurnie didn't help.

We've got half a decent team in McGinn, Tierney, McTominay, Adams & Robertson but still a few gaps to fill

This thread has been viewed 8470 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back