Scotland game

numptyploom

Just A Radge
Encouraging signs of continued improvement from Scotland.
It is a shame that our best goal scorer can't get near the squad, he really needs to come home and enjoy his football again.
He's earned good money at Celtic but mentally for whatever reason he has struggled.Probably out of the picture at Celtic by the incoming management.Come home for the remainder of your career where you will be appreciated, enjoy your football in a decent squad as a Hibs supporter!

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Watched the last half hour, great viewing and another 90+2 moment tae win it, well 80+2 but still brilliant. Scots boy sent off wi a straight red for a fore arm on the chest?, which I thought a bit soft. French boy sent off for 2 yellaes. Think that’s the first time we have beat them since McFaddens rocket aboot 15 year ago. That’s 2 games in 2 days and a draw against Austria and a win against France, well played Scotland!

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Another fairly open game tonight, but Israel with all the real chances. Poor finishing keeping us in the tie for now.

Too many changes up the park for us imo.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Scotland will need a new generation of players to get another tournament as this current lot - despite a great result in Serbia - are still pretty mediocre.

Marshall chucking that goal in didn’t help but we’re never troubling this group for top 2. Nothings changed.

Zab

Admin
Israel look far better than us
Been hanging on all game.

Steve Clarke seems to want to have a ludicrous amount of midfielders on the pitch, his reluctance to play a proper 352 with two actual forwards is going to see us constantly on the back foot in games.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
We have a few international class players now, more than we have had for quite a few years. However we don't have enough in order to be able to regularly punch above our weight as a nation on the international stage.

As I have said before until we unearth a reliable goalscorer at this level from somewhere we will continue to struggle. Griffiths is by far the best striker we have however he has made a great job of pissing his career down the bogs in the last few years. He needed to get focussed and get his head sorted out and he has failed to do so. Our other strikers are so sub standard we have now had to rope in another Englishman to help solve the never ending problem.

Central defence, we have never had an international class central defender since Richard Gough or possibly Colin Hendry.

This is our problem. Lack of enough players who are able to shine at that level.

We are playing catch up already in the group, and I really hope I am wrong but I will be very pleasantly surprised if we finished up in the top two of this group.

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
Scotland , as a team are improving I think.
It started off at a very low standard to be fair, but we do have a few decent players , backed up by journeyman . We have a manager who does strive to move on , and build. We have definitely been in worse positions . Israel are no mugs , they have a better keeper than us for starters.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
I don't know if a draw last night is as big a disaster as the typically dour Scottish pundits are making it out to be. Yes three points would obviously have been better but there is a long way to go.

I think Denmark will quite easily top the group and a win for them on Wednesday along with a win for us against the Faroes will see us and Austria level. That's basically how need to keep it until the final games. Scotland were never going to glide into a qualification, and so far we have got two points where recent Scotland sides would have picked up zero.

Plasticman

Well-Known Radge
I don't know if a draw last night is as big a disaster as the typically dour Scottish pundits are making it out to be. Yes three points would obviously have been better but there is a long way to go.

I think Denmark will quite easily top the group and a win for them on Wednesday along with a win for us against the Faroes will see us and Austria level. That's basically how need to keep it until the final games. Scotland were never going to glide into a qualification, and so far we have got two points where recent Scotland sides would have picked up zero.
Agree - all the pundits with havent won chat, should be havent lost I think.

Hibee Kev

Well-Known Radge

A long way to go but we are playing catch-up after 2 games AGAIN. We might get second spot but we’re already reliant on - let’s face it - quite an improbable run of results to achieve that.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
You have to win your home games in a qualifying campaign.

After dropping two points at Hampden against Austria in the first qualifying match, we really had to beat Israel in Tel Aviv and we failed to do that also.

Odds are now very much against Scotland qualifying for Qatar 2022 i'm afraid.

Last edited:
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
April Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00