• Guest, Pickem Week 1 Available Here!

This is a Prize League - To Enter See Here

Scooters

SUPPORT THE SITE!
July Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £60.00

moathibby

Legendary Radge
I know nothing about scooters apart from the fact that I always thought they were cool. I had to look up the LML Star Auto. But scooterheids settle an old debate, is it Vespa's or Lambretta's that are king?

Admin
I know nothing about scooters apart from the fact that I always thought they were cool. I had to look up the LML Star Auto. But scooterheids settle an old debate, is it Vespa's or Lambretta's that are king?

Older classic Vespa's or Lambretta's are getting expensive, prefer Vespas myself. Modern Vespas and Lammys are ugly though and modern scooterists often plump for the new world of automatic scooters that look like classics, have modern engines and brakes and are affordable. Modern brands include Scomadi, Royal Alloy and LML who went bust a few years back but still plenty of their scooters available. Still a big scooter scene and when my machines are running I scoot about with a few well kent Hibs fans.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
If I had any money I would probably get into it.I still have a provisional license sitting in a drawer somewhere.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Older classic Vespa's or Lambretta's are getting expensive, prefer Vespas myself. Modern Vespas and Lammys are ugly though and modern scooterists often plump for the new world of automatic scooters that look like classics, have modern engines and brakes and are affordable. Modern brands include Scomadi, Royal Alloy and LML who went bust a few years back but still plenty of their scooters available. Still a big scooter scene and when my machines are running I scoot about with a few well kent Hibs fans.
Douglas D being one of them Mark?

wrighty

Just A Radge
You have to accept the breaking down bit.

I have a 1963 Lambretta Series 3 (British); Had a MOT booked a few years back so started the Lamy up the night before and checked it was okay. The next day however -

It would not start - After dicking about for ten minutes and having another go at kick starting it again, my kids walked past and saw lots of petrol dripping out the bottom. Panels off and a bit investigation, discovered the float was stuck, which I stripped down and widened the hole on the hinge so it was free.

After all that i arrived 3 hours late for the MOT, which the Scooter passed first time, feeling chuffed I decided to take a longer route home only for the throttle cable to snap and me having to push it home over about 1/4 mile!

If you have a Lamy you will know days like that

Admin
You have to accept the breaking down bit.

I have a 1963 Lambretta Series 3 (British); Had a MOT booked a few years back so started the Lamy up the night before and checked it was okay. The next day however -

It would not start - After dicking about for ten minutes and having another go at kick starting it again, my kids walked past and saw lots of petrol dripping out the bottom. Panels off and a bit investigation, discovered the float was stuck, which I stripped down and widened the hole on the hinge so it was free.

After all that i arrived 3 hours late for the MOT, which the Scooter passed first time, feeling chuffed I decided to take a longer route home only for the throttle cable to snap and me having to push it home over about 1/4 mile!

If you have a Lamy you will know days like that

I am proud to say I rewired a fair bit of my LML yesterday and got it back running again, was so chuffed and on a roll, I worked on my T5. After an hour of the usual oil, brakes, tyres, fuel, carb etc, I kick started her and she roared into life. I am so chuffed I am getting her MOT'd on Wednesday and putting her back on the road again if she passes.

As an aside, I popped down to mate who has 7 (yes seven) scooters, like many of us he was on his back on his drive under a mint condition late 50's Lambretta. I didnae recognise it as one of his, asked him if it was new, nope he was fixing it for an old lady for nothing!

Green juventine

Well-Known Radge
Scooter rally at Kelso apart from Covid they come every year in their hundreds from Friday to Sunday they come from all over. Fuckin mental they are ska 2tone reggae punk northern soul great spectacle and they are usually no bother.
I love it the place reeks of ganga and 2stroke. 878E2504-54A1-4E2E-847E-5F78E256CD8F.jpegE9544E8E-4E70-4DF7-B271-03F7B65704D0.jpeg

Green juventine

Well-Known Radge
Scooter rally at Kelso apart from Covid they come every year in their hundreds from Friday to Sunday they come from all over. Fuckin mental they are ska 2tone reggae punk northern soul great spectacle and they are usually no bother.
I love it the place reeks of ganga and 2stroke. C370AC6A-882A-4B53-A3D6-EDA63160FE32.jpeg

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here