• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Scooters

Brainwrong

Spaktacuradge
Private Member
Reaction score
I know there are a few scooter boys on here. Might have to commute too far for me to be arsed cycling and I don’t want a car. I have a full motorbike license from when I was a teenager but I’m really not arsed about a big bike. There’s a definite appeal aesthetically, stylistically, economically and wearing a suit whilst riding.

So, any reconditions on where I could pick up a nice wee scooter? I’m not shelling out more than £1000-1500 so unfortunately a Vespa or Lambretta is out the question. Are those Chinese Modinas any use?

What’s the current best place in ed or central belt to pick one up?

Any guidance appreciated.

I know there are a few scooter boys on here. Might have to commute too far for me to be arsed cycling and I don’t want a car. I have a full motorbike license from when I was a teenager but I’m really not arsed about a big bike. There’s a definite appeal aesthetically, stylistically, economically and wearing a suit whilst riding.

So, any reconditions on where I could pick up a nice wee scooter? I’m not shelling out more than £1000-1500 so unfortunately a Vespa or Lambretta is out the question. Are those Chinese Modinas any use?

What’s the current best place in ed or central belt to pick one up?

Any guidance appreciated.

You will get a Vespa P model, newer Vespa GTS auto or indian Vespa copy LML for £1,500 if you look hard. Forget a Lammy, lovely Scoots but costly to buy, run and maintain. Scomadi's are Lammy lookalikes but are not cheap. Some decent forums on facebook and I am sure Stevie Carr knows a boy in Dundee who buys and sells??? Second hand scoots are best bought from other scooter owners imo.

A 125 is fine around town, a 200 or bigger has decent oomph. Make sure you have somewhere lockable and safe to store her.

You will get a Vespa P model, newer Vespa GTS auto or indian Vespa copy LML for £1,500 if you look hard. Forget a Lammy, lovely Scoots but costly to buy, run and maintain. Scomadi's are Lammy lookalikes but are not cheap. Some decent forums on facebook and I am sure Stevie Carr knows a boy in Dundee who buys and sells??? Second hand scoots are best bought from other scooter owners imo.

A 125 is fine around town, a 200 or bigger has decent oomph. Make sure you have somewhere lockable and safe to store her.

Is this a Vespa P? Cum central.

ade0398e76725ef0bb36839045bcf458.jpg

Yeah, 125-200 will be fine, just the wrong side of town and there’s a gym at the office so I can ditch the bike (cycle version).

Is this a Vespa P? Cum central.

ade0398e76725ef0bb36839045bcf458.jpg

Yeah, 125-200 will be fine, just the wrong side of town and there’s a gym at the office so I can ditch the bike (cycle version).

No thats a classic from the 50's, if it was real it would be 4-5k, or more. A P range is one of these...Vespa Crazy Online Store

A GTS is one of these.....Vespa GTS 300 ABS Black | Vespa Crazy

An LML is one of these...LML Scooters | LML Scooters UK

A Scomadi is like this....Scooters for Sale by Scomadi - A Modern Classic

I know nothing about scooters apart from the fact that I always thought they were cool. I had to look up the LML Star Auto. But scooterheids settle an old debate, is it Vespa's or Lambretta's that are king?

I know nothing about scooters apart from the fact that I always thought they were cool. I had to look up the LML Star Auto. But scooterheids settle an old debate, is it Vespa's or Lambretta's that are king?

Older classic Vespa's or Lambretta's are getting expensive, prefer Vespas myself. Modern Vespas and Lammys are ugly though and modern scooterists often plump for the new world of automatic scooters that look like classics, have modern engines and brakes and are affordable. Modern brands include Scomadi, Royal Alloy and LML who went bust a few years back but still plenty of their scooters available. Still a big scooter scene and when my machines are running I scoot about with a few well kent Hibs fans.

If I had any money I would probably get into it.I still have a provisional license sitting in a drawer somewhere.

If I had any money I would probably get into it.I still have a provisional license sitting in a drawer somewhere.

You would need to do a CBT Bike test nowadays. A reasonable LML will set you back up to £1500.

Older classic Vespa's or Lambretta's are getting expensive, prefer Vespas myself. Modern Vespas and Lammys are ugly though and modern scooterists often plump for the new world of automatic scooters that look like classics, have modern engines and brakes and are affordable. Modern brands include Scomadi, Royal Alloy and LML who went bust a few years back but still plenty of their scooters available. Still a big scooter scene and when my machines are running I scoot about with a few well kent Hibs fans.
Douglas D being one of them Mark?

Classic Lambretta - only way to go

Douglas D being one of them Mark?
Aye, was in the phone to him this morning.

Classic Lambretta - only way to go
Fir a couple of miles before it breaks down. 😀

Aye, was in the phone to him this morning.
Him and his Mrs are good pals with myself and my Mrs. We used tae be neighbours. 👍

Fir a couple of miles before it breaks down. 😀
I resemble that statement.

You have to accept the breaking down bit.

I have a 1963 Lambretta Series 3 (British); Had a MOT booked a few years back so started the Lamy up the night before and checked it was okay. The next day however -

It would not start - After dicking about for ten minutes and having another go at kick starting it again, my kids walked past and saw lots of petrol dripping out the bottom. Panels off and a bit investigation, discovered the float was stuck, which I stripped down and widened the hole on the hinge so it was free.

After all that i arrived 3 hours late for the MOT, which the Scooter passed first time, feeling chuffed I decided to take a longer route home only for the throttle cable to snap and me having to push it home over about 1/4 mile!

If you have a Lamy you will know days like that

You have to accept the breaking down bit.

I have a 1963 Lambretta Series 3 (British); Had a MOT booked a few years back so started the Lamy up the night before and checked it was okay. The next day however -

It would not start - After dicking about for ten minutes and having another go at kick starting it again, my kids walked past and saw lots of petrol dripping out the bottom. Panels off and a bit investigation, discovered the float was stuck, which I stripped down and widened the hole on the hinge so it was free.

After all that i arrived 3 hours late for the MOT, which the Scooter passed first time, feeling chuffed I decided to take a longer route home only for the throttle cable to snap and me having to push it home over about 1/4 mile!

If you have a Lamy you will know days like that

I am proud to say I rewired a fair bit of my LML yesterday and got it back running again, was so chuffed and on a roll, I worked on my T5. After an hour of the usual oil, brakes, tyres, fuel, carb etc, I kick started her and she roared into life. I am so chuffed I am getting her MOT'd on Wednesday and putting her back on the road again if she passes.

As an aside, I popped down to mate who has 7 (yes seven) scooters, like many of us he was on his back on his drive under a mint condition late 50's Lambretta. I didnae recognise it as one of his, asked him if it was new, nope he was fixing it for an old lady for nothing!

Scooter rally at Kelso apart from Covid they come every year in their hundreds from Friday to Sunday they come from all over. Fuckin mental they are ska 2tone reggae punk northern soul great spectacle and they are usually no bother.
I love it the place reeks of ganga and 2stroke. 878E2504-54A1-4E2E-847E-5F78E256CD8F.jpegE9544E8E-4E70-4DF7-B271-03F7B65704D0.jpeg

Scooter rally at Kelso apart from Covid they come every year in their hundreds from Friday to Sunday they come from all over. Fuckin mental they are ska 2tone reggae punk northern soul great spectacle and they are usually no bother.
I love it the place reeks of ganga and 2stroke. C370AC6A-882A-4B53-A3D6-EDA63160FE32.jpeg

It's no a scooter so maybe shouldn't post on this thread but my motorbike failed its MOT because of leaking fork seals. Replaced them, which was a beast of a job because the old ones turned out to be completely mangled. Went to take it for retest this morning only to find two puddles of oil beneath the forks.

After a fair amount of swearing about cheapo pattern parts being rubbish I've now realised I installed them upside doon. Tit.

Another afternoon in the garage underway.

Were they grey seals?

Were they grey seals?
Naw, lesser spotted upside doon seals

Thought Billy would be in with a ‘blown a seal?’
No, it’s just frost on my moustache.

Reported myself for that.

There was some doubt earlier about the colour of the seal. Maybe it was a navy seal from, I dunno, America? (battens down hatches)

Such a relief getting away from all the fish shop banter.

Just added a lovely PX125 with Polini 177 kit to my family today, in a lovely dark green colour.

Just added a lovely PX125 with Polini 177 kit to my family today, in a lovely dark green colour.
Without wanting to sound too much like Shrink - Pictures?

Without wanting to sound too much like Shrink - Pictures?
Just the 2, as reg plate is on the other ones.

I have showed you mine, now show me yours, as Shrink maybe suggests.

Attachments

• 0AFBCDAF-8B8C-4646-91BE-0DF3114A3A67.jpeg
    0AFBCDAF-8B8C-4646-91BE-0DF3114A3A67.jpeg
    353.3 KB · Views: 46
  • D78A96F6-C1DB-433B-821F-52CB6C04676D.jpeg
    D78A96F6-C1DB-433B-821F-52CB6C04676D.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 45
My other two.

Attachments

• 0A2B2925-CD0C-44AE-A8E9-32B259A5DDEE.jpeg
    0A2B2925-CD0C-44AE-A8E9-32B259A5DDEE.jpeg
    482.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4421.MOV
    3.4 MB
She's currently in bits but about to get a good going over. In the mean time here's an (old) picture of my GP

Lammie.jpg

Just the 2, as reg plate is on the other ones.

I have showed you mine, now show me yours, as Shrink maybe suggests.
That's a bit of a smasher - great condition.

She's currently in bits but about to get a good going over. In the mean time here's an (old) picture of my GP

View attachment 7407
Nice.

Cant say I’ve seen many in the langtoun 🤷‍♂️

Cant say I’ve seen many in the langtoun 🤷‍♂️
I'm sure theres a club in Fife

I'm sure theres a club in Fife

The Twilight Zone Scooter Club in Kirkcaldy, I think there is one in Dunfermline too?

The Twilight Zone Scooter Club in Kirkcaldy, I think there is one in Dunfermline too?
sure ive heard of one with "Chicken" in the name ??

I’ve got a electric one if that counts :happy-1:

sure ive heard of one with "Chicken" in the name ??
You're probably thinking of the Wild Turkeys scooter club from Fife

You're probably thinking of the Wild Turkeys scooter club from Fife
ah yes thats it :22:

I saw this post on the Edinburgh and District Advanced Motorcyclists group on Facebook and thought it might be of interest to some on here. It's a public group so I assume it's ok to share on here.

I've learned of the following bikes for sale due to the owner's passing away. Any SERIOUS enquiries to me by PM first please and I will pass contact information on. The bikes are in mint condition and are in the Edinburgh area.
1) 1989 Honda DAX ST50-J 50cc Monkey Bike (613 miles) G434 HWT Offers between £2,800- £3,000
2) 1974 Suzuki RV125 (early VanVan) LGH 452N Offers between £2,800 - £3,000
3) 1952 Lambretta 125LD (Mark 1) XVV 946 Offers between £5,500 - £5,800
4) 1960 Lambretta LT125 DeLuxe (Cream / Brown) 824 YUB Offers between £5,000
- £5,500
5) 1967 Lambretta SX150 Special NBD 305E Offers between £5,500 - £6,000
6) 1981 Honda CD 200 (1308 miles) TEX 893W Offers around £1800
7) 1987 Yamaha Town Mate 80cc shaft drive step through (1275 miles) D471 GOT Offers between £1,500 - £1,650
8) 1966 Suzuki T10 250cc CJP 435D Offers between £6,000 - £6,200
9) 1952 Excelsior AutoByk 98cc 588 YUJ Offers between £1550 - £1600
10) 1922 Raleigh 350cc BF 9647 (or MS 3623?) Offers between £5,000 - £5,500
11) 1955 AJS 350 (37,879 miles) 119 DVX Offers between £2,800 - £3,000
12) 1968 BSA Bantam 175cc (11,013 miles) JPV 911F Offers between £1,800 - £2,000

I’d love a lambretta 💚💚💚💚💚 sadly can’t see me getting one 😟😟 more priorities just now

This thread has been viewed 3119 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back