• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Save Leith Walk

SKII

Private Member
Reaction score
Yeahh! and I didn't even get off my arse to go to a meeting!

It was a good campaign.

I can see the developers appealing this to death! The old Royal High School saga has been going on for what seems years n years!

Quite right as well. These student developments lead to a temporary occupation of an area by people who have absolutely no connection to the area. I grew up in Leith and it’s always had its own identity. It’s not always been good, but it’s always been shaped by Leithers. This proposal is yet another attempt to strip Leith of its unique identity. Well done to everyone who have contributed to this victory.

Brilliant news. Wonder if Fyfe Hyland and his cronies will appeal this to death or turn their attention to Meadowbank House. There needs to be a finalised solution to this and pronto, last thing we need it the building being unoccupied and turning into an eyesore.

Kevin Williamson doing some excellent work on the support for the project on twitter yesterday.

Fyfe and Co to consider options in the New Year! Well done to all those involved.

Government rejects £50m Leith Walk project

Hopefully something decent happens with it, looks a complete eyesore currently.

It was one of the few parts of Leith that still has its own identity.

Hope they put in some decent shops,and maybe another pub?Just a thought.As an aside further down the Walk right next to the corner there are two barbers adjacent to each other.I thought there was some bylaw that said there couldn't be a premises offering the same service within three shops away?

Fuck off Fyfe..

Hope they put in some decent shops,and maybe another pub?Just a thought.As an aside further down the Walk right next to the corner there are two barbers adjacent to each other.I thought there was some bylaw that said there couldn't be a premises offering the same service within three shops away?
I think not Angus , 1 minute from said Barbers are 3 Bookmakers within yards of each other in Junction Street . Across the road is a first class, reliably efficient, keenly priced, helpful, Travel Agents which I use and will do again shortly. A few yards up from it is another one.

BIG G

Last edited:
Hope they put in some decent shops,and maybe another pub?Just a thought.As an aside further down the Walk right next to the corner there are two barbers adjacent to each other.I thought there was some bylaw that said there couldn't be a premises offering the same service within three shops
What about a Herts merchandise shop with a 24 hour window replacement shop next door?

One of them would do a smashing trade.

Eh don't blame Moaty for that last remark it was me. Hit the wrong button again.

Drum are back in with another proposal, this time it apparently preserves but refurbishes the iconic stone buildings that front the plot.

Drum are back in with another proposal, this time it apparently preserves but refurbishes the iconic stone buildings that front the plot.

First shout on commercial leases to existing businesses?

The commercial side is their “necessary evil” so they can cash in from the residential side. Absolute minimum number of “affordable” homes to tick that box as well.

Makes a change from another new Student development at least. These c@nts are everywhere.

This thread has been viewed 2153 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50