Richard Leonard quits

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Right wingers who had their chicken coup earlier will be jostling. I wish that West Lothian's Neil Findlay, was not standing down in May. The frontrunners are a hopeless bunch of Blairites and one Murray clone.

BIG G

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Well there is the hapless Jackie Baillie and Anas Sanwar who will be in the mix I guess. Starmers choice will be Murray's mate the Stewart's Mellville College educated, well coiffeured Daniel Johnson

BIG G

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
This political musical chairs will not improve until the Labour Party in Scotland and Nationally recognises the utter foolishness of opposing Scotland’s inalienable democratic right to self-determination.

These ladies and gentlemen should never forget that Labour was severely punished by the working class for getting into bed with the Tories and Lib Dems in 2014, as part of the ‘Better Together’ campaign.

BIG G

Plasticman

Well-Known Radge
This political musical chairs will not improve until the Labour Party in Scotland and Nationally recognises the utter foolishness of opposing Scotland’s inalienable democratic right to self-determination.

These ladies and gentlemen should never forget that Labour was severely punished by the working class for getting into bed with the Tories and Lib Dems in 2014, as part of the ‘Better Together’ campaign.

BIG G

Absolutely - there is no conflict of position in both supporting the Scottish peoples democratic right and being for a No vote when it comes about. They can surely see this?

Beagle

Donator
Stepped down for personal reasons my arse. Seems Starmer was summoned to a meeting with party donors yesterday and was telt “Get Leonard tae fuck or we’re pulling your funding”. Dick was then telt by Starmer to go.

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Stepped down for personal reasons my arse. Seems Starmer was summoned to a meeting with party donors yesterday and was telt “Get Leonard tae fuck or we’re pulling your funding”. Dick was then telt by Starmer to go.

Which party donors, Trade Union or Starmers new best pal Big Business ones?

BIG G

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
Veered from Brexit vote and didn’t back it as it’s not good for Scotland, made English masters look stupid and wasn’t going to survive so was forced out, now we will get some Unionist who will tell us how great it is and so on.

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Wasn’t told which ones but I’d take a guess at Starmers buddies.
Your spot on amigo. Just read this.....

Evolve Politics write: According to The Times, Starmer last night held talks with potential donors – including the multi-millionaire businessman and former Labour donor Willie Haughey, as well as Robert Latham, the lawyer who gave £100k to Starmer’s leadership campaign.

During the call, it is alleged that potential donors told Starmer and Rayner in no uncertain terms that they would not be handing over any cash to the party as long as Mr Leonard – who is widely considered to be on the left of the party and was a political ally of Jeremy Corbyn – remained in his post as leader of Scottish Labour.

Labour have not commented as to whether Mr Leonard was pressured into resigning.

Jump!....Starmer, how high?

Best of luck Leeann at Queens Park. Willie Haughey is the main donor

BIG G

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
Whoever takes over has no chance. If you are a Yes voter as most now are then you'll not vote Labour. And if you are No then you're quite likely to vote Tory.

Labour have tried a right wing leader in Murphy and a left wing leader in Leonard.

Both were useless as naebody is interested in what they've got to say.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Your spot on amigo. Just read this.....

Evolve Politics write: According to The Times, Starmer last night held talks with potential donors – including the multi-millionaire businessman and former Labour donor Willie Haughey, as well as Robert Latham, the lawyer who gave £100k to Starmer’s leadership campaign.

During the call, it is alleged that potential donors told Starmer and Rayner in no uncertain terms that they would not be handing over any cash to the party as long as Mr Leonard – who is widely considered to be on the left of the party and was a political ally of Jeremy Corbyn – remained in his post as leader of Scottish Labour.

Labour have not commented as to whether Mr Leonard was pressured into resigning.

Jump!....Starmer, how high?

Best of luck Leeann at Queens Park. Willie Haughey is the main donor

BIG G
Haughey bought a mate out of his City Refrigeration business for over a million quid a few years ago.

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Whoever takes over has no chance. If you are a Yes voter as most now are then you'll not vote Labour. And if you are No then you're quite likely to vote Tory.

Labour have tried a right wing leader in Murphy and a left wing leader in Leonard.

Both were useless as naebody is interested in what they've got to say.
Bit simplistic and unbalanced mate if you don't mind me saying. Did your advanced years make you forget the long list of Labour right wingers like Jack McConnell, who was the boss man in 2007, when Labour lost its majority, soon to be fired into the Lords to become Baron McConnell of Glenscorrowdale,FFS or Wendy Alexander or Henry McLeish or Kasia Dugdale or Johann(Branch Office) Lamont or Ian Gray. Each and everyone of them by the way participated to their everlasting shame one way or other in the catastrophic Better Together campaign.
Leonard was uninspiring, though I voted for him given the alternative. One thing for sure the parlous condition of the Party in Scotland happened over many years, not the past 3 years.

BIG G