• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Return of Efe....

EEN Reporting he’s off to Livingston...
I would be largely Pissed off if he went to them. A classy defender who put a smile on your face, and improved the match day experience.
If he did sign for them, I reckon they would finish above us.
Please come back effe, big man love

He might be ‘naturally fit’ or whatever pish but end of the day he’s not kicked a ball in probably over a year now so that’s a massive gap not playing competitive football and will take time to get up to ‘match fitness’ so he’s now a massive risk for anyone signing him. We need to look forward I think instead of back at old players

I would be largely Pissed off if he went to them. A classy defender who put a smile on your face, and improved the match day experience.
If he did sign for them, I reckon they would finish above us.
Please come back effe, big man love

As much as I’d like to see him back, he’s not kicked a ball for a year now. While I do think we need a centre half badly, it’s not really the Efe type we need

would still have big efe back ? 2 year deal ??

Maybe he just doesn't want to come back to Hibs.

Indeed.

Fcuk him.

I would hate to see him at another Scottish club, but them!!!!????

Did he not have issues with plastic pitches?

I would hate to see him at another Scottish club, but them!!!!????

Did he not have issues with plastic pitches?
I think you refer to the time the reporter asked him if he preferred grass to Astro turf, to which he said, I’m not sure, I’ve never smoked Astro turf.

Would be an upgrade on any of our center halfes. Great player, should be signing him and off to Spain with the rest of the squad.

Theres nothing to suggest he's the same player or anywhere near ready to play.

Love him, done a great job when he was up for it but he also walked out in the middle of a crucial campaign.
His time has come and gone here. We should be looking at other ideas.

Love him, done a great job when he was up for it but he also walked out in the middle of a crucial campaign.

Agree 100% with you. I’m not sure why us hibs fans are constantly looking back trying to sign ex players

Agree 100% with you. I’m not sure why us hibs fans are constantly looking back trying to sign ex players
Aye, never injured, never suspended , chipped in with a goal of two, big athletic international , can't think why anyone would want him, especially us with a great performing defence this season.

Aye, never injured, never suspended , chipped in with a goal of two, big athletic international , can't think why anyone would want him, especially us with a great performing defence this season.

Can you show me evidence of any of that since the day he left our club? Has he even played a single game..

Past is the past, can't expect the same player

Can you show me evidence of any of that since the day he left our club? Has he even played a single game..

Another thing to add is we’ve already got an ageing defence, we have to be looking at younger players.

Another thing to add is we’ve already got an ageing defence, we have to be looking at younger players.

Definitely, it has to be our priority in the market, younger hungry players with room to still develop. Gives us room to get more from them and make money.
I mean, John McGinn wasnt that long ago, that's what we should be trying to do every window.

He is hardly a dinosaur, and appeared a natural athlete. I think as a team we have been poorer since he left, both defensively and attacking. I can't show you any evidence your honour.
I know what I seen, and I believe he was the best defender we had , and think he would improve us greatly .
When you think the personnel we have replaced him with, I think we dropped a large clanger letting him go.
He would probably be a better centre forward than Doidge, can you show me evidence he would not .

He is hardly a dinosaur, and appeared a natural athlete. I think as a team we have been poorer since he left, both defensively and attacking. I can't show you any evidence your honour.
I know what I seen, and I believe he was the best defender we had , and think he would improve us greatly .
When you think the personnel we have replaced him with, I think we dropped a large clanger letting him go.
He would probably be a better centre forward than Doidge, can you show me evidence he would not .

We never "let him go" he walked out after being offered a contract. The fact he near whored himself to us through a handful of media outlets and we said no, shows a bit of a sour taste was left further up. Do you think Leeann seems the type to let things go? ?

Ambrose is older, like it or not, that catches up closer you get to retirement, natural athlete or not, he has not been playing football, so he's never been fully fit since he left.

I think there's maybe at least many more reasons than Efe leaving to explain our failings forward and back. Bit narrow minded to attribute it to that.

George Craig is no longer employed as his babysitter so there’s a problem.

Reactions: Zab
George Craig is no longer employed as his babysitter so there’s a problem.
please tell more.

Wee heads up for those of you no wanting Efe back because he left us for Derby last season. Check out the circumstances in which Scott Allan left us a few seasons ago...You're going to be livid!

Wee heads up for those of you no wanting Efe back because he left us for Derby last season. Check out the circumstances in which Scott Allan left us a few seasons ago...You're going to be livid!

Should have seen me when Scott came back then... ? he had some making up to do and I'll still argue we were a better 11 without him, despite his obvious ability and benefits. But that's a different story, and 2 years ago nearly.
Right now, he still needs to up his game mind you.

FWIW my livi mate's go to source reckons livi do want him, but nothing has been agreed and the reason it's hit the papers in such a manner is purely down to Efe's agent.

Signed for Livi on an 18 month contract, in squad to make his debut vs us on sat

Totally not bothered. Would rather have McGinn for 18 months

Got to trust Jack Ross in having his reasons for not signing him but I’m pretty gutted to be honest. He’s class and our defence is still creaking.

Totally not bothered. Would rather have McGinn for 18 months

Not played for ages for a reason I imagine plus he fucked off before thinking the grass was greener

Not played for ages for a reason I imagine plus he fucked off before thinking the grass was greener
Pity there aint no grass where he’s going

Was a lovely footballer for Hibs, but i'm not too bothered. I think there was issues within the squad at how much Lennon let him get away with?

Hope he does well for them, except on Saturday.

If I had to chose between him and Mcginn, I know who I want and it aint Mcginn.

If I had to chose between him and Mcginn, I know who I want and it aint Mcginn.
I'd rather McGinn since he actually wants to be here

I'd rather McGinn since he actually wants to be here

Lets face it , if Ambrose were that good would he be signing for Livvy ?

Lets face it , if Ambrose were that good would he be signing for Livvy ?

He's not kicked a ball in anger for about 14 months, so I doubt he'll get up to speed soon.

Not that I'm suggesting that drugs has anything to do with this thread.

I'm surprised he's signed for a team with a plastic pitch, as he always seemed much fonder of grass.

Although the Livi coach may be able to help out there, if previous convictions are anything to go by.

Must admit I've not been as impressed by McGinn as others appear to be. On Sunday towards to end he was again blowing out his backside.

Efe was a Rolls Royce playing for us. I have no doubt he’ll stroll through games in this league again.

Efe was a Rolls Royce playing for us. I have no doubt he’ll stroll through games in this league again.

Once they have bump started the Rolls Royce, which may take a while.

Doesn't seem to have been inundated with offers though

He's not kicked a ball in anger for about 14 months, so I doubt he'll get up to speed soon.

Not that I'm suggesting that drugs has anything to do with this thread.

I'm surprised he's signed for a team with a plastic pitch, as he always seemed much fonder of grass.

Although the Livi coach may be able to help out there, if previous convictions are anything to go by.
Blimey. You'd think you had something against drugs or something? :shocked:

Must admit I've not been as impressed by McGinn as others appear to be. On Sunday towards to end he was again blowing out his backside.
I have been impressed by him. I said to wife after about twenty minutes of the second half on Sunday I thought he was quietly efficient and, true to form, he IMMEDIATELY gave the ball away to set up an attack for them. What do I know, eh?

I'm a bit gutted by this, he was a cracking player,and a joy to watch.
If as has been hinted , that he has been a naughty boy , then that would explain a lot.

He’s an upgrade on Naismith for sure. One this I noticed on Sunday was that we didn’t concede many shots or crosses from his side, he always seemed to get back and cut the attacker off.

He’s an upgrade on Naismith for sure. One this I noticed on Sunday was that we didn’t concede many shots or crosses from his side, he always seemed to get back and cut the attacker off.

And he's playing inside instead of his full back role.

Does anyone actually think Efe will be the same Efe?
I dont... a year and a half nearly without kicking a ball, at the back end of his career.

Theres a reason he didn't have a club.

This thread has been viewed 7021 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back