• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Remembering

joethehibby

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Reaction score

These songs are fitting tributes to those young workers from Britain, Germany, France, Italy, America, Canada, India, Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Serbia, China and many more, slaughtered in an Imperialist War to end all wars.
Dignitaries laying wreaths or any other jingoistic guff as seen at Ibrox the other day cannot absolve the ruling class of said countries of their responsibility for the senseless annihilation of a generation of millions.

BIG G

These songs are fitting tributes to those young workers from Britain, Germany, France, Italy, America, Canada, India, Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Serbia, China and many more, slaughtered in an Imperialist War to end all wars.
Dignitaries laying wreaths or any other jingoistic guff as seen at Ibrox the other day cannot absolve the ruling class of said countries of their responsibility for the senseless annihilation of a generation of millions.

BIG G
The best way would be to stop having wars cos no bastard wins anyway

I read somewhere else (Facebook) that in many ways my contribution 'And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda' was 'disableist' maybe so; but I think that is missing the point somehow.

The point was the poppy appeal 'was meant to help the poor soldiers' the only thing was the soldiers stayed poor and those that run the Earl Haig Foundation got rather rich.The same happened at Oxfam and any number of other 'charities'.

I knew a simple soldier boy
Who grinned at life in empty joy,
Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
He put a bullet through his brain.
No one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.

I will remember them. South West hiby. Former 45 commando Royal marines.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 752 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50