• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Regan Hendry

I was very impressed by him against St Johnstone in their semi final, can you say you were impressed by any of ours against the same players?

I was impressed with Jamie Murphy when he came on, and there’s no doubt Scott Allan was a massive loss.

I think McGrath is a decent player but I don’t think he’s better than what we have. That said if Scott Allan isn’t going to feature, or if Martin Boyle leaves, we will need to sign replacements.

In that game, or any other against them. No

But against different opposition, yes.

St J aren't the only standard, we lost those games by not being up for the occasion, not because they're better than us.

Hammi we couldn’t beat them over 4 games, semi final and cup final without even scoring, St Johnstone didn’t get out of 2nd gear yesterday and strolled the game. McGrath I seen was non stop for over 90mins and causing them all sorts of problems.

I was impressed with Jamie Murphy when he came on, and there’s no doubt Scott Allan was a massive loss.

I think McGrath is a decent player but I don’t think he’s better than what we have. That said if Scott Allan isn’t going to feature, or if Martin Boyle leaves, we will need to sign replacements.

I said Murphy should have started yesterday especially after his recent performances on the lead up to the game. I too thought Murphy at least had a go and was prepared to run at them and take them on. But Newell, Hallberg, Mallan, Magennis etc aren’t good enough and my opinion is McGrath would improve us.
👍

Hammi we couldn’t beat them over 4 games, semi final and cup final without even scoring, St Johnstone didn’t get out of 2nd gear yesterday and strolled the game. McGrath I seen was non stop for over 90mins and causing them all sorts of problems.

You're missing the point.

Every player at Brora Rangers out worked and harried the Hearts team. Would you sign them? Nah.

You saying St J not getting out of gear, proves my point. The players did not rise to the occasion. We know for an absolute fact, every one of them is capable of more.
We went in worried about our record against them and it showed.
They didn't have to attack us, they knew, if they played how they play, they would win.

We wanted them to attack because we only know how to counter
They were never going to play into that.

We had to be up for it, the players weren't up for it.

Look, we're hijacking threads all over the shop.

This lad won't be the only signing, they're not all gonna be first team from the get go, let's see how it plays out before we rage about who is and isn't coming.

Rumour is he will be the 2nd signing of the summer
Is it a rumour or is it from one of the fake Twitter accounts?

You're missing the point.

Every player at Brora Huns out worked and harried the Hearts team. Would you sign them? Nah.

You saying St J not getting out of gear, proves my point. The players did not rise to the occasion. We know for an absolute fact, every one of them is capable of more.
We went in worried about our record against them and it showed.
They didn't have to attack us, they knew, if they played how they play, they would win.

We wanted them to attack because we only know how to counter
They were never going to play into that.

We had to be up for it, the players weren't up for it.

Look, we're hijacking threads all over the shop.

This lad won't be the only signing, they're not all gonna be first team from the get go, let's see how it plays out before we rage about who is and isn't coming.

Your post proves that Ross made a massive mistake by selecting the same ream that has struggled to beat them. But the players don’t get a free pass either.

Clutching at straws with Brora.....

The manager also has to the get the best out of his players which he has failed to do in three massive games to the club, do you agree?

Is it a rumour or is it from one of the fake Twitter accounts?
Don't know the fake twitter accounts you mean

I take back what I said about the lad, I just spoke to my brother who was winding me up with his initial comments ( Typical Jambo) and his true feedback was the boy is a talent, great footballer, comfortable with the ball at his feet, great attitude and work rate but doesn’t score many goals.

I take back what I said about the lad, I just spoke to my brother who was winding me up with his initial comments ( Typical Jambo) and his true feedback was the boy is a talent, great footballer, comfortable with the ball at his feet, great attitude and work rate but doesn’t score many goals.
You listen to an opinion of a jam fart?
You're in need of psychiatric observation!
SHRINK!!!

SHRINK!!!

He covers a lot of the championship games for a radio channel

SHRINK!!!
Much as I enjoy a challenge…..

Fuck that.

BIG G

He seems to be at the end of his contract so little or no transfer fee would be required. At 23, he's obviously potential sell on return. I know business wise, it's sense to sign players young enough to sell on for a profit but are we no becoming a bit too driven by this? Its as if we don't even look at players over the age of 25.

Reactions: Zab
He seems to be at the end of his contract so little or no transfer fee would be required. At 23, he's obviously potential sell on return. I know business wise, it's sense to sign players young enough to sell on for a profit but are we no becoming a bit too driven by this? Its as if we don't even look at players over the age of 25.

I do think it’s a good policy overall, but every squad needs some experienced players who’ve been over the course a few times.

What role does he play. Off the striker? Winger?

Midfield

Deeper I think, playmaker type.
I always have a look at FM and a couple websites to gather some numbers on players. Gives you an idea of what to look for.

Good penalty taker, high leadership qualities and technical ability. Likes to carry the ball.

Doesn't sound bad, at a good age to make the sink or swim step. We generally pick up good young midfielders, I don't see this being too different.

Deeper I think, playmaker type.
I always have a look at FM and a couple websites to gather some numbers on players. Gives you an idea of what to look for.

Good penalty taker, high leadership qualities and technical ability. Likes to carry the ball.

Doesn't sound bad, at a good age to make the sink or swim step. We generally pick up good young midfielders, I don't see this being too different.

Cheers man more of what I was looking for. Sounds like a player with drive. Fingers crossed there's truth in it.

I'm lucky I've never seen him play. So I'll reserve my judgement until I have.

In talks with Ipswich

In talks with Ipswich
That'll be that then. All that huge thread for nowt. Ah well, who's next?

Didn't think he would have improved us much anyway.

Didn't think he would have improved us much anyway.

Aye definitely a development signing.
Wonder though, how many signings from now will be for first team players or players we look to develop given the comments of signings young Scottish talent.

MacKay, probably back up to Murphy initially. One to develop.
Maybe replace Boyle on the other side, but if Boyle goes we need to replace with someone proper, that would be a game winner out the door.

This lad, if we were even in for him, while probably a decent baller, wouldn't have been a first teamer from the off.

I hope we do have some established players in our sights as well.

Aye definitely a development signing.
Wonder though, how many signings from now will be for first team players or players we look to develop given the comments of signings young Scottish talent.

MacKay, probably back up to Murphy initially. One to develop.
Maybe replace Boyle on the other side, but if Boyle goes we need to replace with someone proper, that would be a game winner out the door.

This lad, if we were even in for him, while probably a decent baller, wouldn't have been a first teamer from the off.

I hope we do have some established players in our sights as well.

I really want to see us make signings that actually replace some of the first team players. I'm not sure if Magennis was supposed to be a starter or not, hasn't materialized though.

Of course we need some squad players, but hopefully players that can actually challenge for the first team jersey. I think a big problem in the squad is complacency. The midfield are all quite comfortable. They pretty much know that as long as they are fit, they play. Nobody from the squad really challenging for the jersey. Same up top. Nisbet and Doidge could play pony for weeks, who's going to replace them? At the back there's a little competition. Saw how well Daz played when getting a bite.

That'll be that then. All that huge thread for nowt. Ah well, who's next?

Others saying he has agreed to sign for us, anyone else heard this?

Others saying he has agreed to sign for us, anyone else heard this?
No, never heard that.

I really want to see us make signings that actually replace some of the first team players. I'm not sure if Magennis was supposed to be a starter or not, hasn't materialized though.

Of course we need some squad players, but hopefully players that can actually challenge for the first team jersey. I think a big problem in the squad is complacency. The midfield are all quite comfortable. They pretty much know that as long as they are fit, they play. Nobody from the squad really challenging for the jersey. Same up top. Nisbet and Doidge could play pony for weeks, who's going to replace them? At the back there's a little competition. Saw how well Daz played when getting a bite.

aye although think it was ‘ covid ‘ policy to run with minimal squad for last season, definitely need some proper competition in midfield and up front

IMG-20210621-WA0014.jpg

Strange move. I'd have stayed at Raith I think 🤷‍♂️
Looked it up before replying, the article I saw said both us and Aberdeen were reportedly interested.. shock
4th tier in England, challenging for promotion given last seasons finish. Against challenging for Europe 🤷‍♂️ or challenging for promotion into the premiership here.

Can they pay much more than Raith?

Looked it up before replying, the article I saw said both us and Aberdeen were reportedly interested.. shock
4th tier in England, challenging for promotion given last seasons finish. Against challenging for Europe 🤷‍♂️ or challenging for promotion into the premiership here.

Also did Aberdeen or us really have any interest in him? I doubt it if that's where he's gonna end up. Sniffs of his agent making up stories to get him a move.

Also did Aberdeen or us really have any interest in him? I doubt it if that's where he's gonna end up. Sniffs of his agent making up stories to get him a move.

Aye thats why I kept the promo to prem in there, as that's where he'd be up if he stayed up here if we weren't.

Could be right, just thought it was an odd move raith to league 2 after starting at celtic and having a good season.

He would be on £2,500 at Forrest Green and as much Vegan grub he can eat at dinner time. Was reading that they made a £780000 loss however would have broken even if the Bolton £1m move for Christian Doidge had gone through.

BIG G

So he's confirmed us and Hearts approached him, but didn't show the same eagerness to sign as Forest Green did.

This thread has been viewed 5610 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back