• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Questions to the Board

I originally posted this on another thread but the more I think about it the more I'd like to hear the board's view on some of these questions. So I thought I'd start a new thread and perhaps others can add questions they'd like answered and I wonder if @traceyhibs would be so kind as to share a collated list (I'm happy to put it together into one list) with her board colleagues? Not expecting point by point answers (although it would be nice) but even some general feedback on these would be welcome, or at least taking our views into account in future club communications?

I think the trouble we have is that there's so much of this cliched 'the board doesn't match the manager's ambition' empty rhetoric that no-one ever asks good questions of the board's performance. Challenges I'd suggest are valid (not saying they're doing a bad job on all of these, just that I think they're valid to ask) include:
  • Are they doing enough to support and promote HSL?
  • Should they be developing a parallel donation stream that's not tarnished by whatever nonsense has been thrown at HSL?
  • What are they doing to minimise off field expenditure to free up more funds for playing staff?
  • What level of cash reserves do we carry and are we too risk averse in that respect?
  • Does HTC truly represent value for money or would renting facilities be more cost effective?
  • What are they doing to attract external 'investment' (donations)?
There are probably others but ironically there's never a sensible discussion about board performance because of the shrillness of the anti-board brigade.

Singing section was good while it lasted, multiple people have been treated like shit in that section, don’t know why they bother anymore.

Singing section was good while it lasted, multiple people have been treated like shit in that section, don’t know why they bother anymore.

In what way?

In what way?
This guys not the only guy been banned there’s been others down the years, the group have had to put up with being harassed by police etc with police turning up at places of work to ‘speak’ to them etc, not so sure it’s worth the hassle.

Any update on the drummer? I would hope the club cut him a bit of slack, has probably just made a daft mistake.

There was no mention of anyone throwing drumsticks in particular but there were a lot of complaints of items being thrown from that section and landing in the FF lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guys not the only guy been banned there’s been others down the years, the group have had to put up with being harassed by police etc with police turning up at places of work to ‘speak’ to them etc, not so sure it’s worth the hassle.

I think there may be two sides to this - especially in light of what @traceyhibs has posted.

Seriously - if they were throwing things at the rangers game after the nonsense at the Celtic game then I think they are putting themselves on a collision course with the club.

Can you image what it would be like if we had put the singing section in the lower tier behind the goal? There would be rangers style pitch invasions every time we scored at that end.

Can you image what it would be like if we had put the singing section in the lower tier behind the goal? There would be rangers style pitch invasions every time we scored at that end.

Seems unlikely

So the club have banned displays ?

So the club have banned displays ?

Have they? Why's that?
Yon fella BouncerRoss says nobody got banned?

I think there may be two sides to this - especially in light of what @traceyhibs has posted.

Seriously - if they were throwing things at the rangers game after the nonsense at the Celtic game then I think they are putting themselves on a collision course with the club.
But they want to have displays etc streamers etc which are inevitably going to land below
Have they? Why's that?
Yon fella BouncerRoss says nobody got banned?
yup Ross said that over on that other site ,been reading that thread, it appears the singing section have lost there ‘privileges’, seems rank. He has said nobody got banned....

Bit harsh to ban displays if it's all about streamers falling on folk.

Surely must be more to it than that, or Leeann has lost the plot.

Seems unlikely
I probably didn’t explain that very well - I meant the rangers fans swarming on the pitch when they score against Hamilton and stuff.

You’re probably right though - we wouldn’t be like that.

When they were in the east I can't remember any pitch invasions. If anything it seems to be since they be moved there has been some highlighted incidents. Maybe thats the difference, having an active signing section we all can see and hear along with more crowd participation eases the need from some folk to express their feelings or vent frustration through participating with this and creating a buzz rather than being a dafty and running on pitch, throw missiles etc etc.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The things that were thrown were mostly streamers. But there was a couple of paper cups. I have been up the singing section since it moved and there has been little if anything happen. To be fair on the Police, they don't even bother about hat section and are rarely present. There was one smoke flare at the Rangers game...and the you boy who was holding it, really needs to think about cctv! But I have never witnessed any trouble or serious missiles being thrown. I have seen a couple of arguments with heavy handed stewards. The vast majority are quite young guys and pretty well behaved. Funny how some people can take a sneaky pride in the "casual" era, yet actually believe there is a big issue in the singing section. Pitch invasions if you can call one guy running on the pitch and missiles thrown, have predominately been from the East, but even than as a Hibby I am not going to point fingers in that direction as 99.9% of the supporters there cause zero problems. Only pitch invasions I have seen in recent years was the cup final, and away to Brondby some supporters jumped over the first fence but never went on the pitch

edit, I don't know anything about the drummer incident, obviously wouldn't condone that if it's true, but wonder if it could actually be thrown that far from upper stand

Maybe this is something that @Tracey could pick up? Seems a bit of conflict resolution may be required. The Since1875 guys good works shouldn't be ignored or denigrated because of the actions of a few dafties who may not have anything to do with the group anyway.
Flares isn't a good idea, but nor is blaming the group for actions outwith their control.
Bit of mediation can hopefully sort it out before it gets too entrenched on either side.

Maybe this is something that @Tracey could pick up? Seems a bit of conflict resolution may be required. The Since1875 guys good works shouldn't be ignored or denigrated because of the actions of a few dafties who may not have anything to do with the group anyway.
Flares isn't a good idea, but nor is blaming the group for actions outwith their control.
Bit of mediation can hopefully sort it out before it gets too entrenched on either side.
Don’t think LD is capable of mediation , ask Daz . Time for her to head along M8 , take Putrie wi her
:grrr::grrr:

Don’t think LD is capable of mediation , ask Daz . Time for her to head along M8 , take Putrie wi her
:grrr::grrr:

Blimey!

They didn't overcharge you for tyres too?
:lookaround:

Blimey!

:52:
Blimey!

Didn’t mention fermar:52::52:

@traceyhibs Could you bring up the possibility of the club being able to stream the development squad games live. Not expecting the same quality as match day, but someone from the club just recording from the sidelines would give the fans a chance to watch the young lads. I know there are highlights, the full game on Hibs TV and Youtube would probably get a decent amount of interest.

@traceyhibs Could you bring up the possibility of the club being able to stream the development squad games live. Not expecting the same quality as match day, but someone from the club just recording from the sidelines would give the fans a chance to watch the young lads. I know there are highlights, the full game on Hibs TV and Youtube would probably get a decent amount of interest.

This was actually brought up this evening at the Working Together Meeting and we aren’t allowed to show the games live. It’s an SPFL ruling. The games that have been put on Hibs TV so far haven’t gained too much interest but I think once people get to know that the full game and highlights are available on there it will start to gain more viewers.

This was actually brought up this evening at the Working Together Meeting and we aren’t allowed to show the games live. It’s an SPFL ruling. The games that have been put on Hibs TV so far haven’t gained too much interest but I think once people get to know that the full game and highlights are available on there it will start to gain more viewers.

Appreciate you getting back. Silly rule, it would be nice to take in a from the laddies now and again.

Appreciate you getting back. Silly rule, it would be nice to take in a from the laddies now and again.

Totally agree

Totally agree

Tracey

Any update when the answers will be available?

Tracey

Any update when the answers will be available?

Had a meeting today and I raised again. Just waiting to get it up on the website. Just waiting to find out when that will be.

Tracey

Any news on this? Beginning to wonder if other board members want to forget it

Tracey

Any news on this? Beginning to wonder if other board members want to forget it

Just had a quick glance of the questions for a refresh - some require input from different departments in the club (Finance, Recruitment etc).

A response will be coming.

Just had a quick glance of the questions for a refresh - some require input from different departments in the club (Finance, Recruitment etc).

A response will be coming.

Thanks, it seemed to be ready and just awaiting posting on the web

Thanks, it seemed to be ready and just awaiting posting on the web

Hi,

It was ready but may be getting some additions to it so hoping to have it up on the website by the end of the week.

The additions are issues that have come towards us since.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi,

It was ready but may be getting some additions to it so hoping to have it up on the website by the end of the week.

The additions are issues that have come towards us since.

Thanks

Tracey

Tracey

Another week has passed? Struggling to see why this can’t be done.

Tracey

Another week has passed? Struggling to see why this can’t be done.

Fair shout but lots going on at the minute.

I’m not in the door yet but I can see the club resources are stretched - the Zebra Finance replacement, 3 games in 8 days, Split fixtures, release of tickets, unacceptable conduct and Marvin support.

It will come.

Last edited:
Fair shout but lots going on at the minute.

I’m not in the door yet but I can see the club resources are stretched - the Zebra Finance replacement, 3 games in 8 days, Split fixtures, release of tickets, unacceptable conduct and Marvin support.

It will come.
I get it may be busy, how this stops a document being uploaded is beyond me. Tracey it seemed had been told it was ready to go a few weeks ago. More likely things that certain board members don’t want to say or disclose certain things

I get it may be busy, how this stops a document being uploaded is beyond me. Tracey it seemed had been told it was ready to go a few weeks ago. More likely things that certain board members don’t want to say or disclose certain things

I’ll be honest - It’s important but it’s not urgent. It’s about working down the list - however the longer this gets delayed for other priorities superseding this it will then become urgent.

I’ll be honest - It’s important but it’s not urgent. It’s about working down the list - however the longer this gets delayed for other priorities superseding this it will then become urgent.

Not urgent for who?

Not urgent for who?
I read it as Kieran saying it's not urgent compared to getting a new finance deal in for STs etc? Could be wrong though.

It’s been well over a month. Surely having beaten hearts at tynecastle is the best time to come out and give answers people maybe don’t want to here or will use to have a go at the club or even just say no comment to particular questions. There’s always going to be more important things to do, as the saying goes the silence is deafening.

It’s been well over a month. Surely having beaten hearts at tynecastle is the best time to come out and give answers people maybe don’t want to here or will use to have a go at the club or even just say no comment to particular questions. There’s always going to be more important things to do, as the saying goes the silence is deafening.

Tend to agree. If there's some unpalatable answers in there so be it. Now would be as good a time as any to deliver any bad news

Tend to agree. If there's some unpalatable answers in there so be it. Now would be as good a time as any to deliver any bad news

That would have been the best time but unfortunately we have had some things come towards the club following the game so again time being used to sort that.

Agree it’s important and we will continue to push for it to be put up on the website as soon as possible.

That would have been the best time but unfortunately we have had some things come towards the club following the game so again time being used to sort that.

Agree it’s important and we will continue to push for it to be put up on the website as soon as possible.

There is surely enough resources to deal with putting some articles on the website ? Feels like if we leave it long enough it will go away. Not by fans reps but by rest of the board.

There is surely enough resources to deal with putting some articles on the website ? Feels like if we leave it long enough it will go away. Not by fans reps but by rest of the board.

It won’t disappear. It’s at the top of my list. Tracey has been all over this too before I was on the pitch.

This thread has been viewed 39637 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back