• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Questions to the Board

I originally posted this on another thread but the more I think about it the more I'd like to hear the board's view on some of these questions. So I thought I'd start a new thread and perhaps others can add questions they'd like answered and I wonder if @traceyhibs would be so kind as to share a collated list (I'm happy to put it together into one list) with her board colleagues? Not expecting point by point answers (although it would be nice) but even some general feedback on these would be welcome, or at least taking our views into account in future club communications?

I think the trouble we have is that there's so much of this cliched 'the board doesn't match the manager's ambition' empty rhetoric that no-one ever asks good questions of the board's performance. Challenges I'd suggest are valid (not saying they're doing a bad job on all of these, just that I think they're valid to ask) include:
  • Are they doing enough to support and promote HSL?
  • Should they be developing a parallel donation stream that's not tarnished by whatever nonsense has been thrown at HSL?
  • What are they doing to minimise off field expenditure to free up more funds for playing staff?
  • What level of cash reserves do we carry and are we too risk averse in that respect?
  • Does HTC truly represent value for money or would renting facilities be more cost effective?
  • What are they doing to attract external 'investment' (donations)?
There are probably others but ironically there's never a sensible discussion about board performance because of the shrillness of the anti-board brigade.

Boyle right back?! Not sure about that..

He's played that role a few times under Lennon. Not his natural position, but can fill the gap.

He's played that role a few times under Lennon. Not his natural position, but can fill the gap.

Agreed.
He did OK as a wingback, I think his speed and ability to just 'get in the way a bit' made up for a lack of strong tackling skills.

Wing back? That means 3 at the back.
Dinnae fancy him in a flat back four...

Didn't Arthur Duncan change to full back after being a winger for years?

He did.

He didnae do it cos he was gettin on a bit, the advertisers just wanted him to stop smashin into the hoardings at the opposition's corner flag after another flying run doon the wing.

He didnae do it cos he was gettin on a bit, the advertisers just wanted him to stop smashin into the hoardings at the opposition's corner flag after another flying run doon the wing.
Ha,ha,ha. Thing is, that's true.

OPEN THE GATES!

One more question Tracey. Can you ask LD what exactly happened between her and Lennon.... I don't expect an answer, just want to see her rip your face aff for asking.

I'm just kidding :42:

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay and lack of response from last weeks board meeting.

All questions were collated and every question was on our paper. I ensured all questions relating to the same or similar topic were grouped together also.

We had some questions from supporters that were similar to those on here and the feeling round the table was that they would respond and put this up on the website so it was accessible to all.

This should be up this week. It certainly made for a good discussion and would like to thank everyone who took the time to contribute to the questions.

Thanks again

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect.

We had some questions from supporters that were similar to those on here and the feeling round the table was that they would respond and put this up on the website so it was accessible to all.

'They'?

David Forsythe?

Asking for a friend.

:read:

'They'?

David Forsythe?

Asking for a friend.

:read:

Let your friend know that it was another Director that suggested it go on the website and everyone else agreed.

Is Fiona Larnach now a director of Hibs?

Let your friend know that it was another Director that suggested it go on the website and everyone else agreed.

It's a good idea to put it out to everyone - my (friend's) concern was that criticism has been made in the past that you and Frank weren't allowed to give 'straight answers to difficult questions' and that any such responses would be sanitised and dressed up by the Board's PR guru.

If you're happy that the answers given are honest and not just 'corporate' or 'PR statements' then that's good enough for my friend.
:54:

Yes she’s now the new Finance Director. She has been in the role since Jamie left

ex Motherwell finance director and highly thought of in chartered accountant places I read.

Ditto Super Tortolano

Yes she’s now the new Finance Director. She has been in the role since Jamie left

Cheers, know her a bit from following the national team, is sound.

@traceyhibs In light of recent events, have either the board or the fans reps changed their opinion that sectarian chanting is entirely an issue for the police?

Hi Tracey

Any update on this?
Thanks

@traceyhibs given the events of the last two weekends will the club refuse to have games against the old firm moved to Friday or Saturday nights to accommodate live tv?

Hope the last week will be the last time we ever give the vile away supports of Celtic and Rangers the full away end, find a way to make up the lost revenue elsewhere am happy to chip in.

Hi Tracey

Any update on this?
Thanks

Hi sorry for the delay in responding. Haven't but have chased. Thanks for being patient

Is it true that the drummer from singing section has had his season ticket confiscated? If so will fans reps be acting for him?

@traceyhibs given the events of the last two weekends will the club refuse to have games against the old firm moved to Friday or Saturday nights to accommodate live tv?

There are a lot of discussions ongoing at the moment regarding the events of the last 2 games. Will update you when I can. Thanks

Is it true that the drummer from singing section has had his season ticket confiscated? If so will fans reps be acting for him?
In what respect?

He's tweeted he has been fined and been given a 5 year ban?

That I haven't heard. Will look into

In what respect?

For what?

For what?

He doesn't say

In what respect?

Young team at work told me he was ejected / had ST confiscated at Friday nights game don’t know much beyond that.

Young team at work told me he was ejected / had ST confiscated at Friday nights game don’t know much beyond that.
Heard at weekend he chucked drum stick towards morelos could be pish

I saw it on the pitch - I think I said at the time I thought it was a hammer!

If true, what an idiot.

How dae the polis ken it was him? :g:
Wallace wisnae even on the bench.

In what respect?

He tweeted that 5 mins after full time,not referring to himself.....
Na,defo not that.

@traceyhibs In light of recent events, have either the board or the fans reps changed their opinion that sectarian chanting is entirely an issue for the police?

Any thoughts on this @traceyhibs? It's being discussed extensively online amongst fans of various clubs. The general consensus is that clubs
such as ours are not doing enough to stamp out sectarianism and I'd tend to agree.

Is it something the fans reps could get behind?

Any thoughts on this @traceyhibs? It's being discussed extensively online amongst fans of various clubs. The general consensus is that clubs
such as ours are not doing enough to stamp out sectarianism and I'd tend to agree.

Is it something the fans reps could get behind?

Hi,

Definitely something I want to raise at the next board meeting. I do think it’s something all clubs should be pulling together on.

Will be adding to our report this month.

Chasing again also the answers to the questions you all posted.

Thanks

Tracey

For what?
Heard he was complaining about the bile from the away end

That I haven't heard. Will look into

Any update on the drummer? I would hope the club cut him a bit of slack, has probably just made a daft mistake.

This thread has been viewed 39647 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back