• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Questions to the Board

I originally posted this on another thread but the more I think about it the more I'd like to hear the board's view on some of these questions. So I thought I'd start a new thread and perhaps others can add questions they'd like answered and I wonder if @traceyhibs would be so kind as to share a collated list (I'm happy to put it together into one list) with her board colleagues? Not expecting point by point answers (although it would be nice) but even some general feedback on these would be welcome, or at least taking our views into account in future club communications?

I think the trouble we have is that there's so much of this cliched 'the board doesn't match the manager's ambition' empty rhetoric that no-one ever asks good questions of the board's performance. Challenges I'd suggest are valid (not saying they're doing a bad job on all of these, just that I think they're valid to ask) include:
  • Are they doing enough to support and promote HSL?
  • Should they be developing a parallel donation stream that's not tarnished by whatever nonsense has been thrown at HSL?
  • What are they doing to minimise off field expenditure to free up more funds for playing staff?
  • What level of cash reserves do we carry and are we too risk averse in that respect?
  • Does HTC truly represent value for money or would renting facilities be more cost effective?
  • What are they doing to attract external 'investment' (donations)?
There are probably others but ironically there's never a sensible discussion about board performance because of the shrillness of the anti-board brigade.

He is standing again.

I thought two terms was the limit, and that above suggests that the person who wrote the article thought it was two terms limit.

It’s a bit weird there’s a few of us with this recollection.

Two pehs and two bovrils please if you get in first Tracey.

I’ve read something that suggests the information regarding the supporter election rules may have been snail mailed in 2014 to shareholders.

I don’t have it, my filing isn’t that organized

Isnt it telling that only two 'board apologists' / 'uber fans/ part timers'/ so called admins ask questions of said board when the opportunity arises?

Perhaps the questions have been covered?

With regard to the sevco ticket demand from home supporters being measured at a certain time can I ask was this at time when those looking for tickets have struggled with the Ticketmaster system?

Perhaps the questions have been covered?

With regard to the sevco ticket demand from home supporters being measured at a certain time can I ask was this at time when those looking for tickets have struggled with the Ticketmaster system?

Yes it would have covered that time and will be something that will be covered at the board meeting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it would have covered that time and will be something that will be covered at the board meeting

Yes yes whatever.
Two pehs and two bovrils mind.

Could you confirm or deny the rumor regarding the missing seagull's. Apparently Rod captured a couple hundred and paid off the rest of the transfer fee for Flo.

Given that our two main rivals in this league Aberdeen and Hearts both now have a financial advantage over us due to them benefitting significantly from external investment whether that be from fans groups or wealthy individual investors, how does the board plan to deal with this in the next few years and can we please redouble our efforts to try to find the level of investment that Hibs will require in order to be able to compete properly with both of these clubs for players now and in the years ahead ?

Related to the above; Will there be a much needed relaunch of HSL soon with the only sales pitch being that this will now be entirely a money collection scheme purely for transfer funds for the manager and nothing else again in order to prevent us being left behind in the transfer market by both Aberdeen and Hearts ?

I have a question which seems not to be taken too kindly to raise, it would appear, but raise it I shall: Could the Board, collectively, reconsider visiting the subject of loyalty points?
I am a season ticket holder and an away season ticket holder and so I have tried to ensure I get to all the games to which I wish to go. However, I have two very good friends, both season ticket holders, who have never - I repeat never - been able to acquire tickets recently for what many supporters see as the most important away game of the season, of course, those at Tynecastle. Try as they may, they cannot get lucky in the lottery that is the system at present. I feel their loyalty is being ignored, indeed taken for granted, and they are far from alone in our record number of season ticket holders. I accept 13,000 into 3,000-odds does not go, but there has to be a better and fairer system.

Are you Brian McLaughlin?:g:

Ask if we can have more updates like this :sm113:

Under out current structure as we are told, the manager is not liable for recruitment it is another department. Who is accountable for the role should Craig and Mathie depart? Also how do you fill this role in the future if ambitions are to be consistently looking to challenge or at least be a top four club.

No offence to current incumbents but it is very hit and miss with too many players not even getting a game.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I thought two terms was the limit, and that above suggests that the person who wrote the article thought it was two terms limit.

It’s a bit weird there’s a few of us with this recollection.
I've has a search back through articles as I had this recollection also. Unfortunately the intial roles and responsibilities document is no longer live, neither is the web address which was used. The articles on the Official website are open to interpretation, but this quote would make you think the maximum was two terms:

This is the second time the Club have conducted such a vote, with current supporter representatives Frank Dougan and Amit Moudgil having served a two year spell on the board. Both individuals are eligible to stand for re-election.

This alongside the Rangers ticket issue feels like a move back towards the old Hibs communication style of hiding things, rather than being open and transparent about it. Was the complete and utter failure of the ticketing website taken into consideration when considering sales?

Under out current structure as we are told, the manager is not liable for recruitment it is another department. Who is accountable for the role should Craig and Mathie depart? Also how do you fill this role in the future if ambitions are to be consistently looking to challenge or at least be a top four club.

No offence to current incumbents but it is very hit and miss with too many players not even getting a game.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'd empty both George and Graham tomorrow if it was up to me. I just simply think they miss the mark far too often. I'd scrap this whole digging foreigners out on YouTube, and employ scouts to take in games from the lower divisions.

I'd empty both George and Graham tomorrow if it was up to me. I just simply think they miss the mark far too often. I'd scrap this whole digging foreigners out on YouTube, and employ scouts to take in games from the lower divisions.

Do you believe we don’t have scouts that watch players?

We definitely employ scouts..

I've has a search back through articles as I had this recollection also. Unfortunately the intial roles and responsibilities document is no longer live, neither is the web address which was used. The articles on the Official website are open to interpretation, but this quote would make you think the maximum was two terms:

This is the second time the Club have conducted such a vote, with current supporter representatives Frank Dougan and Amit Moudgil having served a two year spell on the board. Both individuals are eligible to stand for re-election.

This alongside the Rangers ticket issue feels like a move back towards the old Hibs communication style of hiding things, rather than being open and transparent about it. Was the complete and utter failure of the ticketing website taken into consideration when considering sales?

Good point if citing lack of sales for giving extra tickets to the huns, we are pushing online sales with a system that is abysmal to use.

Thanks everyone.

Just adding the last few questions and will submit with our report for Tuesday’s board meeting.

Thanks again for all your input.

Tracey

Do you believe we don’t have scouts that watch players?

Did we have players like Nelom and Mavrias watched before bringing them over. I don't know what our scouting system is like, but rarely do we tap in to the Scottish championship for players.

Did we have players like Nelom and Mavrias watched before bringing them over. I don't know what our scouting system is like, but rarely do we tap in to the Scottish championship for players.

I will certainly ask that question for you. I vaguely remember when they came in and believe they were watched but I don’t want to give you false information so will get that confirmed.

Do you feel that’s the market we should be looking at?

I will certainly ask that question for you. I vaguely remember when they came in and believe they were watched but I don’t want to give you false information so will get that confirmed.

I think we should have six scouts watching every game in the championship. Just need to look at Livingston right now. There's a couple of good players in that team right now that would improve us. Much rather us try to unearth the next John McGinn than gambling on foreign players and loan deals.

I think we should have six scouts watching every game in the championship. Just need to look at Livingston right now. There's a couple of good players in that team right now that would improve us. Much rather us try to unearth the next John McGinn than gambling on foreign players and loan deals.

Fair point. Thanks for that

Thanks everyone.

Just adding the last few questions and will submit with our report for Tuesday’s board meeting.

Thanks again for all your input.

Tracey

Thanks Tracey, it will be great to see any feedback you can bring on these questions. On that point, if there are some that you and your colleagues are unable to answer for whatever reason I'd personally much rather hear "we can't answer that one as it's commercially sensitive and may impact on x" than a bland fudge type response. I do appreciate that we can't necessarily know everything about the internal workings of the club for commercial / competition / legal reasons or whatever but I do find it frustrating when concerns seem to be ignored rather than confronted honestly with a "we can't tell you and here's why".

Loyalty points is a good example of that (and by the way I think I'm in a minority of one on here in understanding, if not necessarily wholly agreeing, with Leeann's position on that). A clear statement that said we've scrapped loyalty points because we reckon that's the best way to maximise income from season ticket sales would be preferable to repeatedly saying she's already answered that question when no one is actually sure what the original answer was!

Those are just my personal thoughts so I don't know if they're representative of everyone on here but I do get the feeling that everyone would like to see more openness and honesty.

Thanks again for taking these forward.

Thanks Tracey, it will be great to see any feedback you can bring on these questions. On that point, if there are some that you and your colleagues are unable to answer for whatever reason I'd personally much rather hear "we can't answer that one as it's commercially sensitive and may impact on x" than a bland fudge type response. I do appreciate that we can't necessarily know everything about the internal workings of the club for commercial / competition / legal reasons or whatever but I do find it frustrating when concerns seem to be ignored rather than confronted honestly with a "we can't tell you and here's why".

Loyalty points is a good example of that (and by the way I think I'm in a minority of one on here in understanding, if not necessarily wholly agreeing, with Leeann's position on that). A clear statement that said we've scrapped loyalty points because we reckon that's the best way to maximise income from season ticket sales would be preferable to repeatedly saying she's already answered that question when no one is actually sure what the original answer was!

Those are just my personal thoughts so I don't know if they're representative of everyone on here but I do get the feeling that everyone would like to see more openness and honesty.

Thanks again for taking these forward.

Thank you for putting this up. Any that can’t be answered will ensure there’s a reason as to why it can’t be.

Thanks again.

Enjoy the game tonight

Tracey

Thank you for putting this up. Any that can’t be answered will ensure there’s a reason as to why it can’t be.

Thanks again.

Enjoy the game tonight

Tracey

Can I ask a couple? Not major things.

1 - is there any plans to give Easter Road a “face-lift”? The sound system is particular very poor (not that I want money wasted like at Celtic Park)

2 - what’s the plans for the catering? The current offering is very poor. Also things like merchandise could be sold in the concourse, and we should be able to pay with card!

3 - is there likely to be more/improved content from the media team? The little videos recently have been good, but more stuff like what Tom Zanelli used to do would be good.

Can I ask a couple? Not major things.

1 - is there any plans to give Easter Road a “face-lift”? The sound system is particular very poor (not that I want money wasted like at Celtic Park)

2 - what’s the plans for the catering? The current offering is very poor. Also things like merchandise could be sold in the concourse, and we should be able to pay with card!

3 - is there likely to be more/improved content from the media team? The little videos recently have been good, but more stuff like what Tom Zanelli used to do would be good.

You’re lucky was just about to send. Have added these in. Thanks

Reactions: Zab

I think if you met George and Graeme you'd probably have a better understanding of what they do - if you look at any clubs recruitment I think you'd be surprised and ours has been good for the last five years - not everyone is going to be a success and we've certainly moved away from the horror signings like Michael Hart who was spectacularly poor value for money.

Edit: My feeling is that they are understanding of the constraints the club works with - and are always pushing to get the marginal gains over their rivals.

Last edited:
You’re lucky was just about to send. Have added these in. Thanks

I have a question @traceyhibs - probably one you can answer without going through the board discussion -

Do we have a business plan and/or five plan?

I'm not particularly fussed for what's in it, I just wonder if we have a culture commercially of plan/do/review because I feel that it does exist on the playing side.

I have a question @traceyhibs - probably one you can answer without going through the board discussion -

Do we have a business plan and/or five plan?

I'm not particularly fussed for what's in it, I just wonder if we have a culture commercially of plan/do/review because I feel that it does exist on the playing side.
I wish someone would breach the delicate subject of what happens to Hibs when STF dies....

I wish someone would breach the delicate subject of what happens to Hibs when STF dies....

M, it doesn't need to be delicate - it simply needs framed as:

STF or HHC have owned Hibs for 28 years. At some point this ownership will change. Is there a succession strategy, and if so, what is it?

I'm virtually certain there is, and I suppose there may be good reasons why its not shared.

Replying to every radge isn't sustainable. We should have a process to like ask hibs on all platforms, setting the fans reps up for abuse if you have to answer every nutter

were they not Lennon signings through one of his agent contacts ?

No idea if that's true or not. Sounds a bit shady if true. Sign up two players and then not give either a chance.

No idea if that's true or not. Sounds a bit shady if true. Sign up two players and then not give either a chance.

Both were signed out with the transfer window to provide cover (or make up the numbers, depending on how you want to phrase it) during a mid season injury problem.

Neither were probably on the radar as long term options, but were reactive signings.

My criticism of the football department & coaching team would be so much why those two individuals in particular were signed, but why didn’t we already have adequate cover in the first place.

Both were signed out with the transfer window to provide cover (or make up the numbers, depending on how you want to phrase it) during a mid season injury problem.

Neither were probably on the radar as long term options, but were reactive signings.

My criticism of the football department & coaching team would be so much why those two individuals in particular were signed, but why didn’t we already have adequate cover in the first place.

Those two players weren't needed. We had young Mackie available, and Whittaker and Boyle could both cover the RB position. I seriously think our recruitment is dreadful. We give guys like Rherras and big Dave money for what? Every season we spunk money on players that maybe play a few hours a season max. Also the last window. Surely we should be buying players to improve the squad? The two midfielders if good enough, should be starting. McNulty has come straight in.

There is nothing wrong with Hibs scouting system. Believe me, we have some of the best scouts in the country working for us and they take in lots of matches from all over the country and abroad.

Last edited:
They would have likely been recommended to the club by various people. They were signed as experienced cover and as they were free agents it made sense to bring them in for that purpose. Thankfully we have not really needed either although I think Nelom will get some game time between now and the end of the season. Mavrias was another injury crock and was allowed to leave months ago.

It's an annoying by product of fixed transfer windows that you need to sign a bunch of players who are essentially insurance policies and may never actually appear on the pitch.

Those two players weren't needed. We had young Mackie available, and Whittaker and Boyle could both cover the RB position. I seriously think our recruitment is dreadful. We give guys like Rherras and big Dave money for what? Every season we spunk money on players that maybe play a few hours a season max. Also the last window. Surely we should be buying players to improve the squad? The two midfielders if good enough, should be starting. McNulty has come straight in.

Say we have two players for every position plus a development team. Only 11 can play at any given time. You need this many because of the potential of injuries and other factors. Unfortunately if you don’t need them they play little. Rherras was cover for a particular injury but thankfully wasn’t needed but the risk of no cover at right back meant he was the best option at the point.

Boyle right back?! Not sure about that..

This thread has been viewed 39647 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back