• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Questions to the Board

I originally posted this on another thread but the more I think about it the more I'd like to hear the board's view on some of these questions. So I thought I'd start a new thread and perhaps others can add questions they'd like answered and I wonder if @traceyhibs would be so kind as to share a collated list (I'm happy to put it together into one list) with her board colleagues? Not expecting point by point answers (although it would be nice) but even some general feedback on these would be welcome, or at least taking our views into account in future club communications?

I think the trouble we have is that there's so much of this cliched 'the board doesn't match the manager's ambition' empty rhetoric that no-one ever asks good questions of the board's performance. Challenges I'd suggest are valid (not saying they're doing a bad job on all of these, just that I think they're valid to ask) include:
  • Are they doing enough to support and promote HSL?
  • Should they be developing a parallel donation stream that's not tarnished by whatever nonsense has been thrown at HSL?
  • What are they doing to minimise off field expenditure to free up more funds for playing staff?
  • What level of cash reserves do we carry and are we too risk averse in that respect?
  • Does HTC truly represent value for money or would renting facilities be more cost effective?
  • What are they doing to attract external 'investment' (donations)?
There are probably others but ironically there's never a sensible discussion about board performance because of the shrillness of the anti-board brigade.

Fair doos but saying someone cant post etc doesn’t sit well. But I m not admin . It’s thier gig as to how they run their site
Aye that's a fair point, I apologise to @C Feeney-Seale for the comment but maintain that I don't value her opinion as someone who only appears at election time.

Well it came from the man himself
Correct openly told people at the games he wasn’t going back after getting stabbed in the back over other fan rep staying on unelected.

Clearly Lenny... leaving ... etc persuade him to go back

You are right. The OP comes across as someone who has a very high opinion of himself. If I was her I'd tell him to stick his thread up his erse.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Happy to but maybe you could take the chance to ask a question of the board whilst I'm at it.

Correct openly told people at the games he wasn’t going back after getting stabbed in the back over other fan rep staying on unelected.

Clearly Lenny... leaving ... etc persuade him to go back
Certainly was.

Happy to but maybe you could take the chance to ask a question of the board whilst I'm at it.
Already asked. Probably not deemed worthy of yourself though.

Already asked. Probably not deemed worthy of yourself though.

Apologies, I'm out on the skite and didn't see it. Tracey said she'd collate though.

So looking at the facts it was a myth until frank changed his mind.

Last edited:
Apologies, I'm out on the skite and didn't see it. Tracey said she'd collate though.
For David Forsyth not to answer... straight into trash bin

Genuinely not interested in your opinion if you only appear at election time, sorry. And I think everyone who knows me would agree I'm a balanced and considerate poster.
I think that’s being harsh mate. She stood last time and didn’t get elected. Out of respect she hasn’t came on and questioned the current fans reps. If she had it would be seen as sour grapes.
Of all the candidates Claire seemed the most likely to engage on these forums. If I’m being honest I think that the moment they’re elected they’re automatically banned from communicating with us.
Maybe Claire can add something to this.

I think that’s being harsh mate. She stood last time and didn’t get elected. Out of respect she hasn’t came on and questioned the current fans reps. If she had it would be seen as sour grapes.
Of all the candidates Claire seemed the most likely to engage on these forums. If I’m being honest I think that the moment they’re elected they’re automatically banned from communicating with us.
Fair enough, can't see why she could only express an opinion if she was on the board though. I'm happy enough to spout shite without being a board member but more than happy to hear c views about why she's suddenly felt now is the time to express an opinion.

I’d be very surprised if anyone received a straight answer from any of the “important” board members :angry30:

I’d be very surprised if anyone received a straight answer from any of the “important” board members :angry30:
Ask a question and you'll find out

Isn’t her name Charlene? :lookaround:

I agree she seemed a good candidate first time around, was a toss of a coin between her and Tracey TBH.

Seems a bit odd to complain I haven't contributed, and also tell me not to contribute in this thread? If you disagree with what I'm saying, I'd be interested in hearing why, but if you just disagree with me voicing my opinion then sorry, not interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hiya Chazza.

Glad you made it back to the Bounce.
Are you standing again?
I think I voted for you last time, but I've got a bit ornery now and I may abstain this time .
No offence.

At least if you get in, Tracey won't have to write all your stuff for you.

Eh Frank.

I agree she seemed a good candidate first time around, was a toss of a coin between her and Tracey TBH.
I thought it was Charlene too but shows what I know, I'm sure the fella who's backing her knows her name

I thought it was Charlene too but shows what I know, I'm sure the fella who's backing her knows her name

Definitely Charlene.

Her friends call her Chazza.

So do I.

:icon-mrgreen:

Definitely Charlene.

So do I.

At my age I forget what happened two years ago. Lovely to know her view on loan signings two years later though.

At my age I forget what happened two years ago. Lovely to know her view on loan signings two years later though.

Was it two years ago?
Not only did you NOT send me flowers, now you've spilled to the whole Bounce.

I HATE you.

Was it two years ago?
Not only did you NOT send me flowers, now you've spilled to the whole Bounce.

I HATE you.
If you dinnae put oot you dinnae get the rewards. Simple.

And you spilled it to the bounce, that was between me and you till you opened your big gub.

Apologist roaster

Shit.

@Jamie delete these posts please.

Is there a list of people standing for supporters rep?

There were 38 nominations but some will more than likely drop off as some won’t know they’ve been nominated. We will know more when personal statements are received

Shit.

@Jamie delete these posts please.

I see nothing :amazed:

There were 38 nominations but some will more than likely drop off as some won’t know they’ve been nominated. We will know more when personal statements are received

Did Electric Beach Joe really nominate me?

I've nominated him.
Hope he's ambitious enough.

Only kidding Joe.
:sm028:

Thanks @traceyhibs

Definitely Charlene.

So do I.

I’m thinking of Claire Sweeny the actress. if she was running I’d vote for her. That’s the red wine for you.

With all due respect I'm not sure this is the thread for you to contribute. Tracey has had a lot on her plate and has still contributed here and elsewhere over the past couple of years. You've not existed at all between elections as far as Hibs support is conce

It's a bloody web forum FFS. Why on earth should anyone not be able to chuck their oar in?

I think Rocky's point is that we have not seen hide nor hair of the poster on the bounce since the last election. Election time, up she pops.

Not that I care, I wont be voting (unless Claire Sweeney is thinking of standing?). :giggle

It's a bloody web forum FFS. Why on earth should anyone not be able to chuck their oar in?
Agreed. This is the Bounce, after all.

Are there anymore questions to be added? Board meeting is Tuesday 26th Feb and I will be submitting our report tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Tracey

Yes, why did we give the followers of the Rangers (2012) a full away end without full and proper consultation with the Hibs support? Even a threat of "if you dinnae buy them, we will sell them to Scotlands Shame" might have worked?

Is it true, the goalposts have been moved and Fans Reps can now apply for a third time?

Is the lack of 'announcements' online or elsewhere on the Fans Reps election an admittance that its a failed scheme that they wish to quietly sneak though and kid on we all voted for it? I know I haven't and won't? Indeed I don't know a Hibs fan who is voting?

On a more positive note, can I say that the work Lynn Robertson has done with away season ticket holders is absolutely excellent. That is customer service.

Yes, why did we give the followers of the Rangers (2012) a full away end without full and proper consultation with the Hibs support? Even a threat of "if you dinnae buy them, we will sell them to Scotlands Shame" might have worked?

Is it true, the goalposts have been moved and Fans Reps can now apply for a third time?

Is the lack of 'announcements' online or elsewhere on the Fans Reps election an admittance that its a failed scheme that they wish to quietly sneak though and kid on we all voted for it? I know I haven't and won't? Indeed I don't know a Hibs fan who is voting?

On a more positive note, can I say that the work Lynn Robertson has done with away season ticket holders is absolutely excellent. That is customer service.

When the tickets went on sale on 28th Jan the announcement said we had the ability to withhold tickets and would open the South stand if demand was there. When the decision had to be made, sales were less than those in December and the decision was made to give The Rangers the rest of the South Stand. Every game will be treated the same. Of demand is there then we will sell to our support in the South.

Can answer the second and third as well -

Nothing was ever written anywhere that you had a maximum amount of times you could stand for Fans Rep.

The personal statements had to be in for tonight. When nominations were due that was quite visible on the social media channels. There were information evenings so that gave nominees a chance to get more info. Voting starts next week. After some discussion there will be a chance to meet those who are standing whether that be an informal meet and greet or something similar to the hustings.

Thanks for finishing on a positive note and I will pass that over.

Will also pass these over to the board if you want them answered directly from them.

See you in Dundee if you’re going

When the tickets went on sale on 28th Jan the announcement said we had the ability to withhold tickets and would open the South stand if demand was there. When the decision had to be made, sales were less than those in December and the decision was made to give The Rangers the rest of the South Stand. Every game will be treated the same. Of demand is there then we will sell to our support in the South.

Can answer the second and third as well -

Nothing was ever written anywhere that you had a maximum amount of times you could stand for Fans Rep.

The personal statements had to be in for tonight. When nominations were due that was quite visible on the social media channels. There were information evenings so that gave nominees a chance to get more info. Voting starts next week. After some discussion there will be a chance to meet those who are standing whether that be an informal meet and greet or something similar to the hustings.

Thanks for finishing on a positive note and I will pass that over.

Will also pass these over to the board if you want them answered directly from them.

See you in Dundee if you’re going

Tracey, come on. The 28th of January, a full 41 days before the game on Hun tickets and no reminders? How about the Hibs fans that are sick of the club pandering to the Huns, our club doesn't deal with their sectarianism and generally ignore the fact that club has miscalled us since the day we beat them in the cup final. How about the Hibs fans treat every game as it comes and we stop going? Sorry, a Leeann Dempster/ Rod Petrie/ Forsyth answer if ever I heard one and I always thought you were better than that.

"Nothing was ever written anywhere that you had a maximum amount of times you could stand for Fans Rep" - I must be going mad here, I am sure the no more than two terms statement exists, although possibly deleted from the fishy site. Anyone?

Fan Reps - Which social media channels do you mean? I have seen nothing here on the bounce, a social media channel. Is it just me or were the information evenings advertised here? I never seen them? Did anyone one see them, not that it matters frankly as I am of the opinion that the Fans Rep role is a misnomer, its the Boards Rep to the fans, although you know its not personal, I think you make great efforts to interact. I wont be voting unless there is a poll to not have fans reps anymore.

I expect the board answers will be much the same as your own, although I don't consider them acceptable, please offer the board response, its not for me personally, I ask for Hibs fans.

Of course I will be in Dundee, and my thoughts and questions are not personal, you know that. Well done for standing up and responding. Frank, you are standing again you said, pity you cannae offer Tracey some support here and on other fans 'social media', its the 21st century, social media is where its at, whether you think so or not. Other than a brief visit from one potential rep, we have seen nothing from any of those standing, including those that have posted elsewhere.

Thanks Tracey.

I thought it was a max of two terms as well 1875, maybe I'm going senile too.
No offence to Frank, but if the rumours about him taking the huff when Tracey was selected to stay on for a bit of continuity are true then it's a disgrace that he is standing again.
I've no idea who is standing, and like 1875 I believe the title is a misnomer - for the same reason. There won't be a big turnout - and a lot of that is down to the poor communications from the Reps - for whatever reason. If Frank exercises his vote, then he will no doubt be elected one vote to nil.
Similarly, I'm savvy enough to know that the Board can't keep seats empty just to please us - particularly when we are demanding more 'investment' but this is a poor show. Had a decent bit of PR been put out along the lines of 'buy a ticket, ban a bigot' and we still didn't step up then fair enough. This way it looks like the Board has simply capitulated to unseen pressure.
It's really not good enough.

Isnt it telling that only two 'board apologists' / 'uber fans/ part timers'/ so called admins ask questions of said board when the opportunity arises?

Frank will be leaving the Board this spring after serving for four years and will leave with grateful thanks and best wishes from the whole Board.

From the official site....

I'll ask the same question I asked last time and got no direct answer.

Firstly I'd like to know exactly how our recruitment team works. Does George Craig and Graham Mathie search for players online and submit a list to the manager? Do George and Graham actually take in games like proper scouts? How much say does the manager have over recruitment?

Frank will be leaving the Board this spring after serving for four years and will leave with grateful thanks and best wishes from the whole Board.

From the official site....

He is standing again.

Isnt it telling that only two 'board apologists' / 'uber fans/ part timers'/ so called admins ask questions of said board when the opportunity arises?
It's a pity given that Tracey has kindly agreed to collate. There are clearly some strong views about things that are being done badly / could be done better so it would be good to have those turned into pointed questions that Tracey could take forward.

Tracey, come on. The 28th of January, a full 41 days before the game on Hun tickets and no reminders? How about the Hibs fans that are sick of the club pandering to the Huns, our club doesn't deal with their sectarianism and generally ignore the fact that club has miscalled us since the day we beat them in the cup final. How about the Hibs fans treat every game as it comes and we stop going? Sorry, a Leeann Dempster/ Rod Petrie/ Forsyth answer if ever I heard one and I always thought you were better than that.

"Nothing was ever written anywhere that you had a maximum amount of times you could stand for Fans Rep" - I must be going mad here, I am sure the no more than two terms statement exists, although possibly deleted from the fishy site. Anyone?

Fan Reps - Which social media channels do you mean? I have seen nothing here on the bounce, a social media channel. Is it just me or were the information evenings advertised here? I never seen them? Did anyone one see them, not that it matters frankly as I am of the opinion that the Fans Rep role is a misnomer, its the Boards Rep to the fans, although you know its not personal, I think you make great efforts to interact. I wont be voting unless there is a poll to not have fans reps anymore.

I expect the board answers will be much the same as your own, although I don't consider them acceptable, please offer the board response, its not for me personally, I ask for Hibs fans.

Of course I will be in Dundee, and my thoughts and questions are not personal, you know that. Well done for standing up and responding. Frank, you are standing again you said, pity you cannae offer Tracey some support here and on other fans 'social media', its the 21st century, social media is where its at, whether you think so or not. Other than a brief visit from one potential rep, we have seen nothing from any of those standing, including those that have posted elsewhere.

Thanks Tracey.

I know they aren’t personal. You’re always very open and honest about how you feel re the board and the role and respect your opinions.

Will certainly add them to the list.

See you tomorrow night

This thread has been viewed 39636 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back